Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: causes for loss of power, and sudden de cel  (Read 2922 times)

happyman

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
causes for loss of power, and sudden de cel
« on: October 22, 2017, 12:04:06 PM »

What causes the  m8  to lose power  and cause the abrupt  decel?   
Seems it is something that happens all too often.   is it just the  sumping or other factors?  it does destroy parts and motors 
the way they  slow down  is scary to be quite honest.   
have talked to people who mention this and never bother to take it to a dealer to  get it checked out. it is not  normal to be sure.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: causes for loss of power, and sudden de cel
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2017, 01:47:11 PM »

What causes the  m8  to lose power  and cause the abrupt  decel?   
Seems it is something that happens all too often.   is it just the  sumping or other factors?  it does destroy parts and motors 
the way they  slow down  is scary to be quite honest.   
have talked to people who mention this and never bother to take it to a dealer to  get it checked out. it is not  normal to be sure.

Not normal or acceptable.  Have you taken it to your dealership?  If not, you should.  Don't assume it's a sumping issue, there are other problems that can cause a sudden loss of power, such as electrical issues.  Whatever it is, it's a safety problem and anyone experiencing it needs to take it very seriously.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

happyman

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2017, 05:30:36 PM »

Not normal or acceptable.  Have you taken it to your dealership?  If not, you should.  Don't assume it's a sumping issue, there are other problems that can cause a sudden loss of power, such as electrical issues.  Whatever it is, it's a safety problem and anyone experiencing it needs to take it very seriously.

Jerry
yes it is a safety issue. when you are in traffic in low or second get and you let off the throttle it slams it to a stop.  if you were on wet or a bit of oil on the street.have to think you would  have the rear wheel sliding. in 6th gear if comes down very fast but at least its not like the  brakes are on, hard.  the power loss is  amazing how it will not pull  so you can pass. its a big surprise cruising  along, pull out and you cannot complete the pass because it simple will not accelerate, had this issue  for many miles. and motors. plus  stage 4 kits. 

trahog

• Elite CVO Member
  • Living life
    • FL

• CVO1: 2000 screaming eagle road glide
    • CVO2: 2005 screaming eagle v-rod 2009 cvo road Glide 2011cvo street glide
    • CVO3: 2015 cvo street glide
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2017, 08:36:48 AM »

It's only your third new motor on a brand new cvo street glide.I know it sucks that your bike has been in the shop more than in your own garage,Look at the bright side Harley is losing money by throwing engines at your bike,and it all started with a bad paint job to boot,tank and tour pack.You'll have  a $100,000.00 dollar bike that is still sitting in the shop ,when it is all done and over.You would think it would be cheaper for Harley to give you your money back and be done with the nightmare.

mark

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2017, 09:53:01 AM »

It's only your third new motor on a brand new cvo street glide.I know it sucks that your bike has been in the shop more than in your own garage,Look at the bright side Harley is losing money by throwing engines at your bike,and it all started with a bad paint job to boot,tank and tour pack.You'll have  a $100,000.00 dollar bike that is still sitting in the shop ,when it is all done and over.You would think it would be cheaper for Harley to give you your money back and be done with the nightmare.

It probably would be cheaper for HD to replace the whole bike or give the money back - but you're talking about a billion+ dollar company.  The amount of money we're talking about would be the equivalent of me picking up less than a penny.

happyman

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2017, 10:39:28 AM »

Jerry
  it's is at a dealer .. for at least the 6th time

harleytacticalnut

• Harleytacticalnut
  • Full CVO Member
  • Don’t Tread On Me
    • VA

• CVO1: 2013 FXSBSE,
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHXSE, 2017 FLHXSE, 2018 FLTRXSE
    • CVO3: 2019 FLTRXSE, 2020 FLHTKSE, 2021 FLTRXSE
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2017, 09:27:52 PM »

And I was told by the scum bag factory rep ED that Harley would never have a bike need to have 3 engine replacements because they would have replaced the bike. He called me a liar to my face.
I am so disgusted with Harley and their piss poor dealers executing their coverups.
It is a very sad day for Harley as they truely don't care.
Defend the 2nd Amendment with your life

happyman

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2017, 11:48:04 PM »

And I was told by the scum bag factory rep ED that Harley would never have a bike need to have 3 engine replacements because they would have replaced the bike. He called me a liar to my face.
I am so disgusted with Harley and their piss poor dealers executing their coverups.
It is a very sad day for Harley as they truely don't care.
there are bikes out thee that have had three motors. many people do not pay attention,  and have  no idea they are having issues but when they ride them not just  a short hop  thing happen to these motors.  get them up to operating temps and do not beat on it  just cruise and it can happen just pass a couple cars do not down shift and you will or can if unlucky wonder if your going to make it home, some just may not make it for whatever reason.   now if you are out on a nice little spirited ride it may feel feel pretty good then al of a sudden the spirited rides turn into a limp home if you can get it there. if indeed someone would like to make a nice bet on the amount of motors  and stage 4 kits  thrown at a bike I have the change for a real lucrative bet  so step right up  and I will take the money and run,  so bring it !!   
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 11:55:36 PM by happyman »

Page created in 0.151 seconds with 22 queries.