Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 18

Author Topic: HID Alternative---Dual HID bulbs for high and low beam  (Read 48337 times)

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
Re: HID Alternative---Dual HID bulbs for high and low beam
« Reply #135 on: April 23, 2007, 10:57:49 PM »

One of the reasons I went HID is its life rating. They're rated in the thousands of hours while a halogens life span is rated in the hundreds. That and try to find an H9 bulb while on the road.
Ask me how I know. :(

OK, I'll bite...
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #136 on: April 23, 2007, 11:07:33 PM »

Do you think you are visible to others with these bulbs?

Ask TC.  He rode ahead of me in daylight for quite awhile.  Chief was awhile also.  But I think that was only after dark.  On the ride from Woodstock back to Birmingham TC definitely had the chance to see how noticable they'd be in daylight conditions though.

05Ultra

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #137 on: April 23, 2007, 11:13:38 PM »

OK, I'll bite...

Was doing a ride 2 years ago and hit a bump....Lights out!!!
NO ONE stocks the H9. Not even the dealers. TG for the passing lights...
All the bells and whistles. Including 6 speed, GPS and heated grips.
OK, I'm getting old. Get over it!

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #138 on: April 24, 2007, 08:38:59 AM »

this is a 3 way comparison

stock H4 low beam

HD dual halogen low beam

HID low beam
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #139 on: April 24, 2007, 09:11:52 AM »

Ask TC.  He rode ahead of me in daylight for quite awhile.  Chief was awhile also.  But I think that was only after dark.  On the ride from Woodstock back to Birmingham TC definitely had the chance to see how noticable they'd be in daylight conditions though.

Definitely brighter in the daylight, and remarkable at night.   This is on my list after I recover from the lastest outlay of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #140 on: April 24, 2007, 09:37:07 AM »

Definitely brighter in the daylight, and remarkable at night.   This is on my list after I recover from the lastest outlay of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

No time like the present, I can't believe you are riding around blind Terry.

First mod I did before taking delivery of the SEUC.

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #141 on: April 24, 2007, 09:51:06 AM »

Thanks for all the replies and pictures guys.  I went ahead and bit the bullet and ordered from Jim yesterday. 

TC-you spent some serious $$$ on the wheels, brakes, rotors, pulley etc..  My wife would ban me from the site.   ::)

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #142 on: April 24, 2007, 10:05:11 AM »

Thanks for all the replies and pictures guys.  I went ahead and bit the bullet and ordered from Jim yesterday. 

TC-you spent some serious $$$ on the wheels, brakes, rotors, pulley etc..  My wife would ban me from the site.   ::)

You let her know where you go?  :huepfenlol2:  If Cindy saw this week's additions I'd be there too Boatman.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #143 on: April 24, 2007, 10:08:47 AM »

You let her know where you go?  :huepfenlol2:  If Cindy saw this week's additions I'd be there too Boatman.
No chit!!!! Didn't take me but one time for shop to call my house and leave a message on voice mail that my parts were in. When I picked up those parts I immediately had them change the contact phone number to my cell phone. Now when she notices something new I give her the same line she gives me when I notice new clothes/things she has.... "Oh that, I've had that forever. You don't pay attention." ;) ;D

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #144 on: April 24, 2007, 10:16:46 AM »

d00d, I may have told this story here before, but Cindy once had seen a receipt from the gun shop.  While watching the tube that night she casually said, "those rifles aren't as expensive as I thought they'd be."

What are you talking about?  "I saw the receipt from Kesselring's, I thought they'd be more."  I gave her a puzzled look knowing I never left a gun receipt where she'd see it.

Then it hit me.........Oh that wasn't a receipt for the two rifles honey, that was for my new binoculars!   :oops: her bad.

She doesn't look at my receipts anymore, Swarovski EL 8x42's $1450.00, the look on her face, PRICELESS ::)

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #145 on: April 24, 2007, 10:28:44 AM »

Last night I had to sneak into our sunroom like a teenage kid to call Hd-Dude to order the light kit.  Fortunately she was watching "Dancing with the Stars"  but she still gave me a couple of looks.    ;D   

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #146 on: April 29, 2007, 10:28:21 PM »

Had a bit of garage misfortune this afternoon.  No more HID spotlamps to install.

Had started to do this one evening last week.  Then real life had the nerve to intrude on my play time and I didn't get it done.  Friday night just bailed on the project for the moment and put the fairing back on for the weekend.  Taking it off was as far as I'd gotten.

Was out riding this afternoon and while out someone put a boot against the side door of the garage here at the house.  Busted the door frame with dead bolt too.  Weird thief though.  Grabbed almost no tools, grabbed an old air cleaner cover, drabbed the HID spotlights package and the roll of 3M paint protective film I'd never gotten around to putting on yet.  A few other small bits and pieces.  But aside from the lights and the 3M film nothing taken was worth more than 20 bucks. 

Normally the lawmower is nosed up against that door.  For some reason it wasn't today.  Whomever it was didn't go on in the house.  Nothing touched there and animals still inside.  I hope he'd be so kind as to come back while I'm here sometime.  But as it is little of consequence was actually taken.  So I'm not fussing too much. Just going to bail out on the HID spotlights though. Not buying yet another package to go at it again. The ones I've got work just fine  :2vrolijk_21: .

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #147 on: April 29, 2007, 11:46:04 PM »

Had a bit of garage misfortune this afternoon.  No more HID spotlamps to install.

Had started to do this one evening last week.  Then real life had the nerve to intrude on my play time and I didn't get it done.  Friday night just bailed on the project for the moment and put the fairing back on for the weekend.  Taking it off was as far as I'd gotten.

Was out riding this afternoon and while out someone put a boot against the side door of the garage here at the house.  Busted the door frame with dead bolt too.  Weird thief though.  Grabbed almost no tools, grabbed an old air cleaner cover, drabbed the HID spotlights package and the roll of 3M paint protective film I'd never gotten around to putting on yet.  A few other small bits and pieces.  But aside from the lights and the 3M film nothing taken was worth more than 20 bucks. 

Normally the lawmower is nosed up against that door.  For some reason it wasn't today.  Whomever it was didn't go on in the house.  Nothing touched there and animals still inside.  I hope he'd be so kind as to come back while I'm here sometime.  But as it is little of consequence was actually taken.  So I'm not fussing too much. Just going to bail out on the HID spotlights though. Not buying yet another package to go at it again. The ones I've got work just fine  :2vrolijk_21: .

That really sucks Don! Sorry to hear about the low life no good piece of sh*t that took your stuff. Its good it was not worse.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #148 on: April 30, 2007, 01:15:49 AM »

That really sucks Don! Sorry to hear about the low life no good piece of sh*t that took your stuff. Its good it was not worse.

Absolutely could have Jim.  So I'm not losing a bit of sleep over it.  Whomever the asshole was could have had free rein of the house and garage for quite some time.  Lots of tools.  The stuff taken was all on or near a cart that happened to be near the door that got kicked.  So the guy probably gave it the boot, had a "oh chit, what did I just do" moment, and grabbed what was in reach.  The dog and cat didn't get out, everything else is fine, already been to Lowes to get another door that I'll finish up installing in the morning, so it's all good.  Or at least good enough.

(though I still wish he'd come back while I'm here.....)

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• CVO1: FLSTFSE
    • Aussie's home page
« Reply #149 on: April 30, 2007, 01:49:22 AM »

Absolutely could have Jim.  So I'm not losing a bit of sleep over it.  Whomever the asshole was could have had free rein of the house and garage for quite some time.  Lots of tools.  The stuff taken was all on or near a cart that happened to be near the door that got kicked.  So the guy probably gave it the boot, had a "oh chit, what did I just do" moment, and grabbed what was in reach.  The dog and cat didn't get out, everything else is fine, already been to Lowes to get another door that I'll finish up installing in the morning, so it's all good.  Or at least good enough.

(though I still wish he'd come back while I'm here.....)

Twolane,

Sorry to hear about you break-in. Why do these assholes do it? But as you said it could have been a lot worse. Since your not too pissed about it I'll try & add some humour to this!

Maybe you need a real Dog!

Cheers
Aussie
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 18

Page created in 1.033 seconds with 22 queries.