Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: My first 7days and 2000+miles  (Read 1718 times)

radavi98

• FLHRSEI.ORG
My first 7days and 2000+miles
« on: March 16, 2007, 11:17:46 AM »

No pics but you should know what a stock 07 Red/Blk SE Ultra looks like.  I picked up my new ride at the Gainesville, Fl dealer on Sat 3/4.  On Sunday made it to trafficfest and understand what all threads were talking about with the heating issue.  My addition of the digital dipstick told me that I needed a beer when my thighs were burning as engine temp was 270.  The goal of this trip was to make it to Key West.  After 2 prior failures in the past, I guess 3rd time was the charm.  As the bike was breaking in, it ran flawlessly except for when idling longer than 2 minutes but I did not idle long.  It was a beautiful ride and the weather held out for the entire trip, a novelty in my riding career.  Five days and many bars later my trip ended back in Gainesville for the 1st 1000 mile service.  Had the service on Friday and left first thing Sat morning, 3:15 to be exact, for the next iron butt ride home.  The bike was a dream.  As the weather got colder the further north I went, the better the heated seat and grips worked. The seat started to give some pain after the first 6 hours, but I alternated my take along saddle gel pad that aided my 1300 mile/23 hour iron butt from Sturgis in 2005 on my 2003 Road King.  I made it home to Northern Virginia at around 4:30 pm.  After averaging 80 mph for the 13 hour ride, it was good to be home.  Will be adding V&H Bigshot Duals, Arlen Ness Big Sucka and power commander this weekend to help with the breathing, heat, and noise
After all the money spent, I refuse to more on additional parts!!!   Except air filter, Exhaust, Power commander.........well, maybe a few more things.

ESJ JESTER

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 B/O
Re: My first 7days and 2000+miles
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2007, 11:27:15 AM »

Welcome  Radavi98! Sounds like a great break in . but   :worthless: :worthless:  we dont know what your ride looks like!  Did you concider the t-max/auto tune   instead of the  PC?   just wondering :nixweiss:   Gene
Do it right the first time, don't leave it for the next guy, as YOU may be the next guy!!

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2007, 11:33:19 AM »

Welcome to the site and congrats on the new ride and first post.

Looking forward to some pics of the trip.

TCinVA

• Elite CVO Member
  • FINALLY!

• CVO1: 2007 B&O FLHTCUSE2
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2007, 11:34:42 AM »

Radavi98,
Welcome to the site.  I'm from Woodbridge.  Where you located? and oh yea,  :worthless:,,
TC

radavi98

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2007, 11:52:14 AM »

Do I address each individually or as a whole?  I will economize and respond as a whole.  I do have a couple of pics from the ride, but have to wait.  Too much riding and not enough down time to get from the camera.  I live in Sterling and work in Tysons.  Did not consider the auto tune.  But since its Zippers, I have issues with them  Will post that after our court case. Parts may be superior, service and support is inferior.
After all the money spent, I refuse to more on additional parts!!!   Except air filter, Exhaust, Power commander.........well, maybe a few more things.

jeffj

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Teach a man to swim, but not while he's drowning"

• CVO1: 2004 Orange Pearl and Jet Black FLHTCSE & 2002 Candy/Brandywine FLHRSEI
    • CVO2: 2006 Autumn Haze FLHTCUSE Sold - 11-11-12 Bought another 2006 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2003 Gold FLHRSEI2 Sold CVO4: 2002 Purple FLHRSEI Crashed
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2007, 12:06:47 PM »

Welcome to CVO site and glad you had a Positive Riding Experience on your new scoot  :2vrolijk_21:

jeffj

SCRM-R

• Elite CVO Member
  • It's Only $Money$...And I Can Make Some More!!
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2007, 12:41:39 PM »

But since its Zippers, I have issues with them  Will post that after our court case. Parts may be superior, service and support is inferior.
Yeah, there has been quite a bit about that on this site lately....sure hope they get it corrected.
2003 Screamin' Eagle Road King with Custom "Real Fire" Paint Scheme
Zipper's 117" Kit, Including:
   H-D Race Tuner
   Zippers 54MM Throttle Body
   RedShift 647 Cams

Diamond Cut Cylinders & Heads
Custom Engraved Front Lower Legs, Primary Inspection Cover & Saddlebag Latch Covers

bisounours

• 5k CVO Member
  • First miles the 6th February 2008

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2007, 01:27:01 PM »

Good afternoon radavi98,

I send you the  :welcome_005: from FRANCE.

Sure,  :worthless:

Best regards

:vrolijk_26:  Jacques
********2007 FLHTCUSE2 Red/Black**********
  SE RYO A/C and KN filter, V&H dressers duals and
          oval, TM/AT map#364, SE 251 cams.
     2008 FLHTCUSE3, White Frost and Silver Mist
              (Casper) -> 6th February 2008
             SE 251 cams/Torrington bearings,
      SE pushrods, SE High compression pistons,
             A/C Big sucker, V&H dresser duals ,
             Fullsac baffles, SE Pro Super Tuner.
2011 FLHXSE2, Stage1

BalDeagle

• FLHRSE3 Candy Cobalt with Pale Gold Leafing Graphics
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do it today, tomorrow may be too late......
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2007, 01:54:38 PM »

Hi Rad and :welcome_005: from the UK.

Sounds like you had a good shakedown ride. Your mods should sort out your overheating problem and then you should be good to go.

We all know what a Red/Black SE Ultra looks like, but that doesn't mean we don't like to see a pic.

:worthless:

Nige
Don't leave it until tomorrow, do it today !

110 SERK FLHRSE3
Power Commander
Doherty PowerPacc + PowerVents + Mystfree
Vance & Hines Slip ons + V & H True Duals
Lots of other shiny bits!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2007, 01:59:59 PM »

Hey Rad, welcome aboard! Now you and everyone else knows why even a bone stock 110" needs ECM mods! The stock AFR is completely unacceptable, as you found out. Oil should never be 270 deg in the tank! Glad you're getting the mods done or you'd be looking at a 3rd failure! Good luck with your new ride and your mods, and enjoy the site! Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2007, 05:03:44 PM »

Excellent break in tale. Glad the weather held and welcome to the site.

hogasm

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2007, 06:27:20 PM »

Do I address each individually or as a whole?  I will economize and respond as a whole.  I do have a couple of pics from the ride, but have to wait.  Too much riding and not enough down time to get from the camera.  I live in Sterling and work in Tysons.  Did not consider the auto tune.  But since its Zippers, I have issues with them  Will post that after our court case. Parts may be superior, service and support is inferior.

:oops: that doesn't sound very good

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2007, 06:54:58 PM »

RADAV,
Welcome to the site...I'm also a Virginian, just down the road from you in Fredericksburg.  Sounds like you had a great ride and can't wait for some pics.  The heat issue is deffinitely a problem with the 110's in their stock garb.  Get those mods done ASAP.  You do know that you have to use the O2 sensor eliminators with the PC don't you?  Some will say that the narrowband sensors don't do much anyway, so it won't matter.  I'm not positive about that.  My dealer wouldn't do the PC because it didn't use the O2 sensors, so they SERT'd my ECM.  Did you get your scoot at Patriot HD?

Cheers :2vrolijk_21:,
Red

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

rubaga

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2010 SESG
    • CVO2: 08 SERK Anniversary
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2007, 07:39:27 AM »

Radav

Welcome to the site! Thanks for excellent trip report!

Look forward to pictures.

All the best with your mods and bike!

Page created in 0.207 seconds with 23 queries.