Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: balancers  (Read 4518 times)

hatchetjak

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
balancers
« on: October 29, 2004, 05:24:27 PM »

Anyone have experience with aftermarket engine balancers? I see two different types out there...one with a mercury type fluid inside, and the other a more mechanical type with rollers. Do they work? Are they worth the time and trouble....

mfgreen

Re: balancers
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2004, 06:49:21 PM »

no one else has answered so here is my $0.02
the fluid (mercury) and spring balancers are suspect in there operation, performance and continuity of consistant operation.  A good machinist will give a much better product that will operate that way for the life of the bike.
Mike

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2005, 07:03:14 PM »

Yep.  I had the harmonic balancers installed on my pretty much stock 80" Evo and could tell a little difference, but still had viberations.   I'm not sure that they're worth the trouble/expense.  It's also just something else to break and leave you stranded.  I guess my bottom line is I would not recommend them.  My 2 cents worth.  
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2006, 05:18:15 PM »

I had a set of Balance Masters on a Fat tire softail with a 100" RevTech They took about 40% of the vibration out of the handgrips without any maint problems at all. Follow Mfgr recommendation and install both- - - - one on Comp Sprkt and one on the Clutch  IMHO they are a good product

BK

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2006, 10:39:55 PM »

can you give me more info on the balance masters. Price and were to find. My wife has a 96 fat boy and complains about the vibration in the handle bars.

I would rather try to fix it so I can have the next upgrade not her ;D

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2006, 10:34:57 AM »

BK  It's been a couple of years. I bought mine from Moreland Choppers in Solana Beach CA. Seems like Drag SPecialties, Custom Chrome, J&P otr someone should have them Try a Goggle search

BK

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2006, 09:41:53 AM »

Looking at new bikes yesterday, might just go that route.

jfscheck

• Senior CVO Member
  • also known as Da' Bear...
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2006, 10:10:28 PM »

Had "Balance Masters" intalled on my bike - noticed a difference but don't know if it was worth the cost...  [smiley=oops.gif]
John "JFScheck" Scheck
H-D Screamin' Eagle CVO Electra Glide Ultra Classic in Autumn Haze & Vivid Black
"Enjoy life. There's plenty of time to be dead."

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 21 queries.