Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: Doherty PowerPACC Question  (Read 11190 times)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: Doherty PowerPACC Question
« Reply #45 on: July 23, 2007, 05:01:10 PM »

Just noticed this post and Howie and like you I am getting some puking with the DPP w/PV. I get a very fine mist which normally finds it's way onto the bottom of my seat and back onto the pannier. Jan was riding with me at the weekend and she wanted to know what the stuff was on her right leg ? I hadn't been excited for a while so I guess it must have been the A/C gently puking on her !  ;)

I have now ordered the Mystfree system which is clearly stated as "eliminates all mysting problems". I'll wait and see, but if it doesn't I ain't going to be a happy bunny.

:beatdeadhorse:

Anybody else had any experience with the Mystfree ?

Nige

I just put it in also Nige to see if it helps. If it doesnt, I'm running the breather line to the ground. That is, if I don't switch to the S&S Single Bore Tuned Induction System! ::) ;) Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #46 on: July 26, 2007, 12:16:31 AM »

Slight change of plans! The bike won't be seeing the DPP anymore. I love the look of the S&S Teardrop Cover on the DPP, but looks don't take the win light! ::) I switched to the S&S Single Bore Tuned Runner Induction Intake. On preliminary tuning for break-in purposes, I picked up 7 ft-lbs of Tq and 4 HP. And that's only changing the A/C assembly. And only to 4500 RPM. And it took a dip out that occurred in the midrange between 2500 and 3500 RPM. Right where you ride often. Next week will be WOT final tuning. I'm doing a WOT before changing to the Performance FatCats. I'll let you know overall how much better it is, numbers wise. So the DPP is out and the Tuned Runners are in! ;) Hoist! 8)
« Last Edit: July 26, 2007, 12:22:48 AM by Hoist »

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #47 on: July 26, 2007, 08:41:56 AM »

Wow, Howie, that's a nice bump, especially since the Power Pacc should be giving you a good increase already! You'll have to post a picture when you have some. How did you exhaust testing go?

Seegarsmkr

• Elite CVO Member
  • Do or do not there is no try...Yoda
« Reply #48 on: July 26, 2007, 08:44:52 AM »

Howie,
Where did you p/u the S&S and how much did they run...I am so loving the look but am a little leary of rain.

Seegarz

If it sticks...force it...if it breaks...the damn thing needed replacing anyway!!

Seegarsmkr

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #49 on: July 26, 2007, 08:51:40 AM »

Wow, Howie, that's a nice bump, especially since the Power Pacc should be giving you a good increase already! You'll have to post a picture when you have some. How did you exhaust testing go?

Not up to exhaust or TB testing yet. We used my current exhaus and DPP. Tested @ 120/114 up to 4500 RPM. Then retested w/S&S Tuned Runner and was 127/118. Now I'm going up there to break it in over the weekend. Next week, we'll do a WOT w/current exhaust and Tuned Runner. Then we'll test again w/Performance FatCats. Then we'll confirm the correct size TB by testing it with a smaller one. The overall best results and ridability is what will wind up remaining on the bike. I'll try and get all the dyno sheets for these different combos for ya'll! ;)

Hoist! 8)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #50 on: July 26, 2007, 08:53:22 AM »

Howie,
Where did you p/u the S&S and how much did they run...I am so loving the look but am a little leary of rain.

Seegarz

My tuner got it for me. I didn't ask the price, but I think it's around $600-$700. I'll be selling my DPP if anyone's interested. I'll advertise it in the Selling Section.

Hoist! 8)

Seegarsmkr

• Elite CVO Member
  • Do or do not there is no try...Yoda
« Reply #51 on: July 26, 2007, 08:54:56 AM »

Probably a winter upgrade.

Seegarz

If it sticks...force it...if it breaks...the damn thing needed replacing anyway!!

Seegarsmkr

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #52 on: July 26, 2007, 09:24:00 AM »

Probably a winter upgrade.

Seegarz

Probably should be Seegar, it looks really cool on a Springer! ;) Hoist! 8)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 21 queries.