Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: BOOM GTS GPS Signal Strength  (Read 866 times)

Plongson

• UT

• CVO1: 2019 FLHTKSE Magnetic Grey & Wineberry with Red Pepper
BOOM GTS GPS Signal Strength
« on: April 10, 2019, 09:21:30 AM »

First post here...
On my GPS signal strength, all bars are very low. I've got a CLEAR shot of the sky and I'm at 36° north latitude...NO obstructions. See the attached photo.
What are you guys getting for signal strength under Ideal conditions? This looks like the antenna is not receiving properly. Looking for feedback.

2019 FLHTKSE CVO Limited
Magnetic Grey, Wineberry with Red Pepper

Glenncarp

Re: BOOM GTS GPS Signal Strength
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2019, 05:29:14 PM »

First post here...
On my GPS signal strength, all bars are very low. I've got a CLEAR shot of the sky and I'm at 36° north latitude...NO obstructions. See the attached photo.
What are you guys getting for signal strength under Ideal conditions? This looks like the antenna is not receiving properly. Looking for feedback.

Why did you check? I saw I have this, but did not bother to look as I have never lost a GPS signal. Just wondering of you had an issue so decided to look into it? If not, ride on without being lost as you have a (albeit low) GPS signal!

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2019, 07:17:50 PM »

The displayed signal strength is low (if accurate), the next question is does your GPS function properly or does it seem to take a long time to connect to satellites compared to the GPS in your other vehicles?  Harley buries the GPS antenna inside the fairing, and they have been known to mount it incorrectly in the past, further shielding it.  If you are experiencing any kind of problem, have the dealer check it out under warranty to make sure it is connected and mounted properly.  Even if it works OK but not great where you're located right now, if you plan to ever ride where coverage is spotty you will want it working as well as possible, not just good enough to get by right now.

JMHO - Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Plongson

• UT

• CVO1: 2019 FLHTKSE Magnetic Grey & Wineberry with Red Pepper
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2019, 09:04:09 PM »

Why did you check?

Ha! after two weeks of ownership, there isn't much on this bike that hasn't been probed or poked... :bananarock:
2019 FLHTKSE CVO Limited
Magnetic Grey, Wineberry with Red Pepper

rayson56

• 1K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey not a destination.
    • WA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Black Earth/Vivid Black (Sold)
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond (Traded)
    • CVO3: 2007 FXDSE Red (Sold)
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2019, 09:53:55 PM »

My FM antenna wasn't even plugged in from the factory. Took it in for bad reception and they found the lead in the fairing with the plastic still on the end. Removed it plugged it in and what do you know, it's worked fine ever since.  :oops:
2010 Dyna Wide Glide
2021 GW Bagger
2018 SERG (Sold)
2011 SESG (Traded)
2007 Dyna Wide Glide CVO (Sold)
2010 Night Rod Special
2007 full custom road king
2006 big dog mastiff
2000 big dog pro 18
1999 big dog pro sport
1991 fxrs full custom
1984 v65 magna

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2019, 12:10:41 PM »

The selling dealer on that bike did a real nice job of set-up/check-out when they originally took delivery. How could they not at least check the different radio bands?

Page created in 0.153 seconds with 20 queries.