CVO Social > Ride Report

Blue Ridge Parkway Today...

<< < (2/6) > >>

smkymtnboy:

--- Quote from: Spiked Olive on April 25, 2019, 09:35:40 PM ---We don't want to scare anyone away!!! LOL

--- End quote ---
saw them at 10 yrs of age and it did scare me!  :o https://westernncattractions.com/brown-mountain-lights/

Spiked Olive:

--- Quote from: smkymtnboy on April 26, 2019, 09:08:58 AM ---saw them at 10 yrs of age and it did scare me!  :o https://westernncattractions.com/brown-mountain-lights/

--- End quote ---

There are some very interesting stories. The couple that had the UFO land on top of their car was one of my favorite. Guess it depends on what you are smoking! LOL

Spiked Olive:
Well after church yesterday the wife and I took a cruise to Pilot Mountain and Mt. Airy (Mayberry). Ended up riding on up Hwy 52 and hitting the Parkway at Fancy Gap, Va and heading back south to N.C. the road is still pot hole city on that stretch from Hwy 52 back to N.C. Hwy 21.

A little cool up there yesterday but felt really nice. Not as many bikes out as I had expected to see.

This makes our third trip up on the Parkway in five weeks. We enjoyed it so much because it keeps you off the major roadways that are just too crowded with everyone in a hurry. The nice temperatures along with the beautiful views make it special.

WRE4U:

--- Quote ---Well after church yesterday the wife and I took a cruise to Pilot Mountain and Mt. Airy (Mayberry). Ended up riding on up Hwy 52 and hitting the Parkway at Fancy Gap, Va and heading back south to N.C. the road is still pot hole city on that stretch from Hwy 52 back to N.C. Hwy 21.

A little cool up there yesterday but felt really nice. Not as many bikes out as I had expected to see.

This makes our third trip up on the Parkway in five weeks. We enjoyed it so much because it keeps you off the major roadways that are just too crowded with everyone in a hurry. The nice temperatures along with the beautiful views make it specil
--- End quote ---

We rode to the winery (Jo-Lo)....great place!  Talk about picturesque, great food, owners are terrific, and wine!!  Coming back down from Pilot Mountain the wife got a little light headed with all the tight curves, however, a wonderful ride!

BigLew:

--- Quote from: Spiked Olive on April 26, 2019, 05:00:28 PM ---There are some very interesting stories. The couple that had the UFO land on top of their car was one of my favorite. Guess it depends on what you are smoking! LOL

--- End quote ---
Hey Spiked I'm in Greensboro, we should hook up and ride some. Give me a shout or PM me!

BigLew
Mike

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version