Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Bag Locks - 2018 CVO Limited  (Read 4466 times)

Spiked Olive

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NC

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Limited
Re: Bag Locks - 2018 CVO Limited
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2019, 08:33:17 PM »

Okay I have recently had an issue with the left side bag not locking. I'm not saying this is the issue, or the only issue but I'll share what I found.

I tried it a couple of time last night and it would not lock when closed or when open. As mentioned above when I hit the button twice it would lock!

Then I tried locking it with the key and much to my surprise the key lock would just spin and spin either direction. I looked at the right side bag, it locked perfectly with the fob and with the key. What I immediately noticed is a large gap between the keeper clip, C Clip and the inner part that turns. It was so loose that it did not hit the catch when turned. I did not see an issue that I could acually correct so I decided to put an O-Ring under the c-clip to fill the gap and keep things in place. Amazingly it started working properly! I strongly believe at least in my case that the actual manual lock was the problem. My only guess is that it had the cable in a position that was preventing it from locking at least on the first or single push of the button. I'll try and remember to get a picture of what I did with the o-ring.

My regular warrany has expired but I have ESP so will get the dealership to look at it and get it fixed right when I can. Thanks to all for the information shared.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.116 seconds with 21 queries.