Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: It is Offical I am a CVO RGU Owner.........  (Read 1653 times)

WildmanUltra

• Wildman
  • Full CVO Member
  • Scars only show where we've been, Live Life
    • WA

• CVO1: 2015 CVO RGU Carbon Dust/Autumn Sunset
    • CVO2: 2011 Road Glide Ultra
    • CVO3: 2010 Road Glide Custom
It is Offical I am a CVO RGU Owner.........
« on: June 12, 2019, 12:35:09 AM »

Okay so I had to do it. After riding both a new 2019 RGU with the M8 and then the 2015 CVO RGU I felt the CVO was more my kind of bike. Nothing against the M8 but I just didn't feel that it WOWED me.
Now I don't know why but the CVO feels more balanced than my 2011 RGU. I really REALLY liked it and I took it for a nice LONG test ride on both the freeway and then thru stop and go traffic. Compared to my 11 103" the 15 110" never got warm and I felt the same heat off the M8 that I rode. And since I don't believe in doing anything half-way I am getting the Stage IV 117" kit installed with a Vance & Hines Power Duals head pipe and Khrome Werks mufflers. So this should be a fun bike to haul butt on.

Mofo67

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NC

Re: It is Offical I am a CVO RGU Owner.........
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2019, 05:58:52 AM »

Congratulations!!!!

WildmanUltra

• Wildman
  • Full CVO Member
    • WA

WIldman is in the building
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2019, 06:26:34 AM »

Well today was a LONG but AWESOME day for me.I left my house at 9AM and drove over to the westside of the mountains to go test ride some bikes. I stopped at Eastside Harley first and Jake (salesman) took awesome care of me and sent me out on a 2019 RGU M8 in Vivid black. He told me a good route to follow that allowed me to get some street time and then some freeway riding also. I might have been nit picking on the M8 but I didn't really think it was any quieter than my 103" TC. Maybe it is but I didn't think it was. My impressions of the M8 was that it was a nice engine and yes it has torque down low but I wasn't WOWED by it. It didn't jump out and say BUY ME buy me by me. I was impressed with the wind management of the new Rushmore RG fairing and how much easier it was to hear the radio and how little buffeting I got behind the windscreen. As for handling and ride itself yes it is hands down WAY improved over my 2011 RGU. I have not touched my suspension on my bike but it was always one of those things I wanted to address. So yes the newer bikes have a noticeable difference in handling.Then I hopped back into my Ram p/u and drove over to Emerald City Harley which is a sister store to Eastside. Back in 2005 when I could finally walk again after being shot I bought my Buell from this store back when it was Cycle Barn. I had a CBR 1000 at the time and could no longer do the sport bike crouch due to the damage to my leg. The Buell was still sporty enough but had a better sitting position.

I really liked that Buell and kick myself at least once a month for selling it. But my daughter was turning 5 years old and that is the legal age to be able to ride a motorcycle in WA. This is how I got started on Harley. That 2007 NightTrain was a fun bike and it is a bike I would have in my garage if I could own all the bikes I wanted.

So get over to Emerald City Harley and start looking at the CVO. There is just something about the way one looks. The paint is just THERE. Not all CVO paint schemes do something for me. And for what ever reason Harley just seems to like to NOT offer some of the better paint options that they do for the Street Glide/Ultra/Limited models. Yes they have gotten better but there are so many colors I'd like to see the Road Glide offered in. So Bryan at ECH answered all my questions about the bike or at least attempted to as some of the questions couldn't be answered. The PO had removed the heel shifter and of course didn't include it with the bike. The PO also didn't include any of the manuals which I am always bewildered as to why people do this. Why would you want to hang onto the owners manual of a rig you no longer own??? So far I have found the owners manual and the Boom manual online in pdf form so I have it covered BUT I am an old kodger and LIKE my paper manuals. It is what it is.

So I took the 2015 CVO RGU out for a long ride with a mix of residential area, stop & god traffic & then some freeway time. All the things I have read and been told about the new Rushmore bikes was true in every way with this CVO. I loved the way it handled and it might just be me but it feels more balanced to me than my 11 RGU. I had less issues with the CVO when stopped and having to shift my weight to the right side. Engine heat to me was about the same as the M8 engine and I was actually happy to get stuck in stop & go traffic as it gave me a chance to really see how the twin cooled TC would work. It is cooler than my 11 RGU is all I know.

So I didn't get quite what I was hopping for in my trade but they lowered the price of the CVO some plus gave me some discounts which helped to lesson the blow.I decided to buy the CVO. A lot because it is my dream bike but also because I really enjoyed the way it rides and the reduced amount of heat that I felt. And since I am never one to do things small I decided to add some fun things to my new ride. As good as 110" of engine is "There is not Replacement for Displacement" so along with the new bike I am getting the Stage IV 117" kit installed along with a V&H Power Duals with Khrome Works mufflers. This should be one scootin ride when it is all done. So they are going to order all the parts tomorrow and they should be here in around 10-12 days. Then they are going to need the bike for 2-3 days to do the install. Now before you all jump on me for letting them do this I also got a 60 month ESP on the bike so by letting them do the install it is all covered under the ESP. I'm stoked to be getting this done and am lookin forward to seeing just how much of a beast this bike will be. As we were starting the KILL some trees process a tech grabbed the bike. Well it seems they had missed a recall on the bike. It's related to the saddle bag clips? This is suppose to make sure they won't fall off. But of course they didn't have the parts in stock so I have to wait until Thursday to pick up my bike. Such is life...………... 

Enjoy

ultrarider123

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2019, 07:00:03 AM »

Good for you.  I always liked that color combo on the '15.  I chose the blue from the same year.  Enjoy the new ride, Wildman.

WildmanUltra

• Wildman
  • Full CVO Member
    • WA

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2019, 11:34:53 AM »

Sorry for the HUGE pictures. I'll have to figure this site out more now that I'll be around more. The pic's are on photobucket so with most sites they give you a thumbnail and then you can click on it for a larger picture.

I can't explain how excited I am to finally have my CVO. I wasn't hardly able to sleep last night because my mind was in overdrive. I was lookin at parts and trying to get ideas of what I want to do with this bike.

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2019, 12:45:11 PM »

Great looking bike. Congratulations!   :2vrolijk_21:   :2vrolijk_21:   And I'm not biased one bit.   :2vrolijk_21:

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

flhman

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2019, 07:28:54 PM »

Congrats !!!  Got the same bike, you’ll love it. Now ride the wheels off of it !

PBSTN

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IL

• CVO1: 2003 FLHRSEI2
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2019, 12:20:02 AM »

Nice bike. Congrats and enjoy.
2001 flhr-traded
2010 fltrx-sold
2010 flhr
2003 flhrsei2

WildmanUltra

• Wildman
  • Full CVO Member
    • WA

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2019, 01:05:28 PM »

Okay folks I have TONS AND TONS of questions after trying to read thru all the stuff on here.

First I'll RANT a little. The DANG NAB PO didn't include any of the owners manuals when he traded the bike in. I'll never understand ANY OF THIS. What are you going to do with these manuals if you don't onw the rig any longer???? Plus the DUMBA$$ only gives them ONE (1) fob and power lock remote???? What the HAY???? Again what are you going to do with these items once you don't own it anymore? And then the little things like the special cover and the gold key that came with the bike. I know I am buying USED so I can't expect everything to be there but it just pisses me off. So now I have to try to track down the manuals and buy them.

Question #1: Since I don't have the little key number tab that comes with a new bike how can I order the power remote lock fob that has the barrel lock on it?

#2: What windscreen has most people gone with if you changed yours? I have a Cee Baily on my RGU and loved the look and how it worked but they stopped making windscreens for bikes.

#3: I'll wait a while and try adjusting my stock bars but if I change them out what other options are there than the types of bars offered by Factory 47 and others like them? I am not a huge fan of that look. I have Drag Bars on my RGU

#4: How do I get updates for the radio & the maps? Or are they both done at the same time?

#5: I'm guessing from reading other threads I can not get a 2016 security fob/power lock fob combo? Can anyone explain the reason why not?

#6: Stay tuned I am sure I will have a TON more questions as I get into riding and figuring out my bike.

I have down loaded an electronic version of the owners manual and the Boom manual but I really like to have the paper version in front of me.

On a side note last month when I took the motorcycle safety class to give me a chance to get comfortable again on a bike plus be able to use smaller bike for the skill test my daughter also took the class and got her endorsement. I had to retake the skill test after my amputation to show I could safely operate a bike and because I hadn't ridden for 4 years I figured it was a good idea for me to take it also. And I didn't want to try and take the skill test on my RGU. My daughters birthday is also in May so I surprised here 2 weeks after taking the MSC with a bike of her own.

muddypaws

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2012 FLHTCUS7

• CVO1: 2005 CVO
    • CVO2: 2009 CVO SEUC
    • CVO3: 2017 CVO LIMITED
    • Re/Max
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2019, 05:31:37 PM »

Nice , now ride....
Bill

Page created in 0.174 seconds with 22 queries.