Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 27

Author Topic: Freedom Pipes  (Read 45855 times)

onevtwinlover

• Junior CVO Member
  • It's all about the ride
Freedom Pipes
« on: November 03, 2004, 09:16:07 PM »

Just thought I would share with you all my experiances with this install on the new 05 SEEG.

After much thought, I decided to go with the modified Reinharts from Freedom Cycles in Reno.  Ordered the pipes, air cleaner / breather kit, and a preprogramed Power Commander from them.  Other then the fact that Fed Ex lost the package for a few days, the delievery came as expected.  Installing the Power Commander and Air cleaner was a piece of cake (about 30 minutes each).  The pipes were pretty much a bolt on operation; however, there was a clearance issue with the front header and the Billet Rear Break Lever.  At their suggestion, I heated the pipe with a propane torch and "clearenced" the header pipe with a screw driver between the break lever and the pipe.  Although this wasn't difficult, I would have been nice not to have to do this.  The heat shield had the same problem only worst.  I didn't want to heat it and bend it figuring the discoloration would not be acceptable.  So out came the grinder.  Did a beautiful job with it however; the shield will now have to be re-chromed.  I would not consider this to be 100% bolt on.

Results:  The sound is awesome - low and loud.  The mapping seems to be good.  Power is definitely improved over stock.  I do plan on a dyno run to varify the mapping and will post the results when I get them.  I am happy with the set-up, and saved a couple of $ doing the install myself.

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
Re: Freedom Pipes
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2004, 10:29:09 PM »

Had mine done at Freedom cycle while in Reno for street Vibrations.  At the shop they remove the pedal and notch it on a mill, you can't tell and fits nice without having to dent the pipe. When they where done it turned out 103hp and 105 fpt. Yes JC I did call them and asked for a dyno sheet and will post it.  Hope you are as happy with yours as we are with ours.  [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

onevtwinlover

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2004, 08:32:17 AM »

I was thinking about notching the brake pedal as well.  The finished job looks good though with the heat shield covering the "dented" header pipe.  I guess there is more than one way to skin a cat as they say.

PCC

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2004, 12:30:32 PM »

I have had the "denting" experience as well. These pipes were originally designed to work with the Magnacharger setup as well as on regular bikes. Interestingly, the change seems to have somehow benefited the low end torque curve, perhaps contributing to the absence of the "dip", normally seen.

Onetwinlover:  I'm glad the mapping seems good to you. Freedom is meticulous in their Air/Fuel
setup. When you go to the dyno in your area, since you are at a different altitude than we are you may want them to check the ignition curve. Brad usually builds in a lot of advance, which works well here, especially with the stock camshafts. If you get any pinging, it's the ignition curve. You probably know this is a normal tuning procedure. [smiley=beerchug.gif]

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member
  • Who says 110's won't run? SofA 777

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond/Emerald Ice
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2004, 02:37:26 PM »

PCC....would you have any website info on Freedom Cycles that I could pass on to a riding buddy in Las Vegas.  He's having pure misery trying to get his SEEG mapped correctly.  thanks

onevtwinlover

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2004, 03:18:01 PM »

You know, I never gave any thought to the difference in altitude.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2004, 03:20:11 PM by onevtwinlover »

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2004, 04:50:03 PM »

The bike have a barmeteric senser that adjust for altitude. Reno is about 5000feet where I live is about 200ft bike is no different than when they set it up.  Freedom cycles web page is Freedomcyclereno.com  hope you are as happy as we where.  [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member
  • Who says 110's won't run? SofA 777

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond/Emerald Ice
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2004, 08:26:41 PM »

Thanks onetwinlover and magoo for the web address and the phone numbers.  I'll pass them on.  Thanks again!

PCC

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2004, 10:48:06 PM »

MAGOO:

THAT SOUNDS STAR TREK TO ME...I DON'T  DOUBT YOU BUT WHERE IS THE SENSOR? I ASSUME IT'S HOOKED TO THE ECM.

[smiley=confused5.gif] [smiley=nixweiss.gif] [smiley=dunce2.gif]

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2004, 08:23:49 AM »

Think its in the efi manifold, and yes its tied to the computer.  They get more techincal all the time.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander

don

• Full CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2004, 08:59:47 AM »

What,s the difference between freedim pipes and the regular Rienharts [smiley=nixweiss.gif]don
FLHRSEI-2 ONE FUN BIKE

PCC

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2004, 01:37:44 PM »

Don:

The Freedom Pipes were originally made to work with superchaged bikes, so the length of the left side pipe is a tiny bit longer than the RInehart's but they also have a different baffle design...not just diameter. Generally, at least when Brad tunes the bike, you don't get the torque curve dip at around 2200 rpm. With the S/E aircleaner, Freedom Pipes and Power commander, virtually every stock 103 he has done have been 103HP 104TQ...just where Magoo's is. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

don

• Full CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2004, 02:09:30 PM »

PCC                                                                                
      OK , now I'm straight on that, are these pipes modified Rienhart's?  How much? and what RPM does the max. torq. come in at?  thanks don
FLHRSEI-2 ONE FUN BIKE

onevtwinlover

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2004, 05:05:01 PM »

Don,

others on the site here have dyno runs with this set-up.  I'm hoping to see some posts soon.  I installed this set-up a couple of weeks ago and haven't dynoed the bike yet; however, I am very pleased with both the sound (low and deep) and the performance feels very good.  I haven't notice a loss of torque at the bottom and don't feel a peak up high.  From a riders standpoint the torque curve feels very good.

don

• Full CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2004, 05:57:35 PM »

That would be nice to see some dyno print out on  them. As you can tell I'm shopping for some new exhaust. The SE slip on looks great with the orginal heat sheilds and end caps, sounds pretty melow. I would like to have a little more torque, seem to never be satisfied. Does anybody have this problem? I,m like a junkie , but I like. don [smiley=cool3.gif]
FLHRSEI-2 ONE FUN BIKE
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 27

Page created in 0.113 seconds with 21 queries.