Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27]

Author Topic: Freedom Pipes  (Read 45818 times)

schog

Re: Freedom Pipes
« Reply #390 on: August 26, 2005, 10:26:57 AM »

Has anyone with the freedom setup modifed their map in the power commander from Freedom to work with the stage 1 flash or is everyone using the freedom setup with the stock ecm map and no change to the power commander

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #391 on: August 26, 2005, 10:45:57 AM »

Has anyone with the freedom setup modifed their map in the power commander from Freedom to work with the stage 1 flash or is everyone using the freedom setup with the stock ecm map and no change to the power commander

The map that they send out with the "kit" is for a stock ECM. I would suggest that you call and ask Brad @ Freedom if he has a map for a stage 1 flash. His # is 775-848-8600

displacing air

• Elite CVO Member
  • I am glad God answers no sometimes!
« Reply #392 on: August 26, 2005, 12:51:36 PM »

OK...read the entire thread...twice...still havent seen but one dyno for the freedom pipes and the numbers where good. I guess some where deleted. I think only two got the numbers claimed by freedom. I dont see anything factwise to put them over rinehart.
Fact both rinehart and freedoms crack. Freedom needs grinding work to fit and I need to keep springs on hand...that just makes me scratch my head....1400 bucks...scratching.
I have seen dynos of rinehart look as good as the the wopping one dyno chart that I can veiw on this thread. Show me four dynos...or even three...not fine tuned on the manufacturers dyno ... and proof that I wont have to bend and fix a brand new 1400 dollar set up and then I will be ordering Freedom and posting that they really do rock...until then I will say...every has an opinion. I would really like a 2-2 but if this thread dead ends...then Fatcat 2-1...here I come. They have put there dyno where there mouth is, here on other treads. Stock 06 103 SEUC coming soon. And if you have a hopped up motor...non-stock no need to reply. You could put a goldwing pipe on it and still get better numbers...ae...your out of my leauge.

Thanks,

2006 SEUC ...Watermelon Flavor!

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member

• Metal Dragon
« Reply #393 on: August 26, 2005, 02:58:30 PM »

OK...read the entire thread...twice...still havent seen but one dyno for the freedom pipes and the numbers where good. I guess some where deleted. I think only two got the numbers claimed by freedom. I dont see anything factwise to put them over rinehart.
Fact both rinehart and freedoms crack. Freedom needs grinding work to fit and I need to keep springs on hand...that just makes me scratch my head....1400 bucks...scratching.
I have seen dynos of rinehart look as good as the the wopping one dyno chart that I can veiw on this thread. Show me four dynos...or even three...not fine tuned on the manufacturers dyno ... and proof that I wont have to bend and fix a brand new 1400 dollar set up and then I will be ordering Freedom and posting that they really do rock...until then I will say...every has an opinion. I would really like a 2-2 but if this thread dead ends...then Fatcat 2-1...here I come. They have put there dyno where there mouth is, here on other treads. Stock 06 103 SEUC coming soon. And if you have a hopped up motor...non-stock no need to reply. You could put a goldwing pipe on it and still get better numbers...ae...your out of my leauge.

Thanks,

My dyno sheet is posted here:
http://flhrsei.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=eg_gen;action=display;num=1072508181;start=300#300

I have the Freedom's PCIII, and AC kit. No other work, As far as the grinding they have modified the pipe so that none is required any longer. As far as the springs go they are not a problem. I broke one of mine removing it. The fit of the pipe and the cracking issue has been resolved by the addition of a spacer between the pipe bracket and the starter mount bracket. As far as the $1400. If you were to buy the parts and have the Dyno you would have spent more that that. This kit comes ready to run.

Here the most important part. Customer Service!!!. These guys are on the top of the list. If you have a problem it will be resolved. I am not affiliated with them, just a happy customer!

hd2003-se2005

« Reply #394 on: August 26, 2005, 03:10:04 PM »

HD-DUDE

I could not have said it any better!

HD2003

hd2003-se2005

« Reply #395 on: August 26, 2005, 03:16:17 PM »

Displacing Air!

Bud we will still care about you no matter what pipes you have!

But on another matter,
What about that scooter.
I feel a need to race someone!

HD2003

Laker

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #396 on: August 26, 2005, 03:34:40 PM »

My dyno sheet is posted here:
http://flhrsei.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=eg_gen;action=display;num=1072508181;start=300#300

I have the Freedom's PCIII, and AC kit. No other work, As far as the grinding they have modified the pipe so that none is required any longer. As far as the springs go they are not a problem. I broke one of mine removing it. [bgcolor=Yellow]The fit of the pipe and the cracking issue has been resolved by the addition of a spacer between the pipe bracket and the starter mount bracket.[/bgcolor] As far as the $1400. If you were to buy the parts and have the Dyno you would have spent more that that. This kit comes ready to run.

Here the most important part. Customer Service!!!. These guys are on the top of the list. If you have a problem it will be resolved. I am not affiliated with them, just a happy customer!

[bgcolor=Yellow][/bgcolor]

Dude, what size/kind of spacer do they use?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2005, 03:35:16 PM by Laker23 »

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member

• Metal Dragon
« Reply #397 on: August 26, 2005, 04:06:29 PM »

[bgcolor=Yellow][/bgcolor]

Dude, what size/kind of spacer do they use?

Its about 3/16" I think its aluminum. i received my replacemtn pipe and its attached to the bracket with a wire tie. I will be installing it this weekend.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #398 on: August 26, 2005, 04:32:36 PM »

It's a completely different setup so the following is offered only for comparison's sake.  But on a couple of sets on Samson true duals and a set of Vance and Hines true duals now on the red bike those three sets of pipes never had a problem.

They were each on their own bike and collected (so far) somwhere around 130,000 miles between the three sets of pipes.  The Samsons didn't have any support bracket at the starter. As I remember one of the sets even suggested removing the bracket to gain a little clearance in its installation instructions.

The Vance & Hines use the support bracket but it's not a hard point.  The bracket is held to the pipe and the bracket via the same size hose clamp that is used to hold the heat shield on.

Granted the true dual pipe doesn't have as much weight up there and isn't pulled from both sides the way a standard header is.  So, just for comparison, those are what their mounting differences are and how they held up.

displacing air

• Elite CVO Member
  • I am glad God answers no sometimes!
« Reply #399 on: August 26, 2005, 07:12:39 PM »

Hd-dude dont get me wrong...I would really like to have the Freedom pipe setup. But if you and Magoo are the only two that got those numbers without a dyno and the other two guy who bought them didnt get those numbers...then thats 50%. Now the other two had to dyno tune their bikes... dyno cost added to the 1400...math I can do. I think in the thread Magoo got good numbers, if I remember...but a couple of guys had lower than expected numbers? I can only base my opinion on what I see and read. Thats why I listed a juicy response...to get others to put some numbers up...not to insult those that have what I want.

Also I still think yours is the only dyno sheet I have seen...and I think only one other was listed, but the hacker got those. I would like just a better than 50% response on Freedoms claims before I call them.

And once again...I really want to get Freedom...but I havnt seen enough in this thread yet to prove what they claim...If I was sure I would jump on the boat and be yours and Freedoms biggest allie.

As far as racing...I would love to ride with anyone on this board...they all seem great...I usually wouldnt race...but the kid in me might come out. And thank you hd-dude...I wouldnt even of considered Freedom without your inputs.

ps. I am in a cast with a broken foot right now...foot race is out.
2006 SEUC ...Watermelon Flavor!

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member

• Metal Dragon
« Reply #400 on: August 26, 2005, 10:59:26 PM »

Hd-dude dont get me wrong...I would really like to have the Freedom pipe setup. But if you and Magoo are the only two that got those numbers without a dyno and the other two guy who bought them didnt get those numbers...then thats 50%. Now the other two had to dyno tune their bikes... dyno cost added to the 1400...math I can do. I think in the thread Magoo got good numbers, if I remember...but a couple of guys had lower than expected numbers? I can only base my opinion on what I see and read. Thats why I listed a juicy response...to get others to put some numbers up...not to insult those that have what I want.

Also I still think yours is the only dyno sheet I have seen...and I think only one other was listed, but the hacker got those. I would like just a better than 50% response on Freedoms claims before I call them.

And once again...I really want to get Freedom...but I havnt seen enough in this thread yet to prove what they claim...If I was sure I would jump on the boat and be yours and Freedoms biggest allie.

As far as racing...I would love to ride with anyone on this board...they all seem great...I usually wouldnt race...but the kid in me might come out. And thank you hd-dude...I wouldnt even of considered Freedom without your inputs.

ps. I am in a cast with a broken foot right now...foot race is out.

To answer your concerns about the dyno posts.... I had mine dynoed just because it was a good excuse to go for a nice long ride. Brad got a couple of more HP and TQ out of mine but quite honestly there was no "seat of the pants" difference when he was done. While I was at Freedom Brad showed me several dyno runs with their set ups on different bikes. They all were in the 100+ hp 100+ tq range. In fact he also showed me Monorat's (from this site) sheet and he was able to get 106 hp
« Last Edit: August 26, 2005, 10:59:57 PM by hd-dude »

SE05

• Senior CVO Member
  • aka - Mrs. SBB
« Reply #401 on: October 07, 2005, 12:25:50 PM »

We will put the Freedom true duals on the 03 Classic as soon as hd-dudes brother get dyno results on his R/G.

[smiley=helmet.gif]

[smiley=2vrolijk_20.gif]

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member

• Metal Dragon
« Reply #402 on: October 07, 2005, 01:12:07 PM »

We will put the Freedom true duals on the 03 Classic as soon as hd-dudes brother get dyno results on his R/G.

[smiley=helmet.gif]

[smiley=2vrolijk_20.gif]

My Brother hasn't ordered his pipes yet, still saving the $'s. He probably won't get it dynoed right away if at all. I'm sure he will rely on the map the Brad sends with the kit. I did post a dyno sheet of and 06 88"er with the Frteedom setup here:
http://flhrsei.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=CVO_TC;action=display;num=1127967547
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27]

Page created in 0.176 seconds with 21 queries.