CVO Technical > Riding Gear

Russell Day Long Seat

(1/3) > >>

Indenial:
Simon said "just do it"----so I did.  I wanted to do the drive in build there, so my buddy and I drove out from Minnesota by way of Glacier NP and the Oregon coast.  I wanted to be sure any problems with the fit were taken care of while I was there.  Seat builder, Magic Mike, did a perfect job and got it right the first time.  I bought a ripped seat on Ebay for $80 and sent it to them a month early.  So they had it all taken apart and ready to go to work.  I showed up at 8 to show them what I liked about my Mustang seat and Air Hawk for height and setback. They took a couple of measurements and Mike said "OK, see you back at 9:15 for the fitting". I took the uncovered seat for a ride to test it out. It felt different, but good, so they covered it with vinyl sides and leather top.  Since we had 2000 miles back to MN, we wanted to see if we could get to Reno yet that evening.  They went out of their way to get us out of there by 2:30.  During the 200 miles to Reno, it was comfortable. The left side was perfect and the right side had a small hot spot.  The next day we did 800 miles, all interstate, past Salt Lake to Rawlins.  I can't tell you how much I enjoyed it.  I never got sore once and didn't even think of using my AirHawk.  They were right, I  could go gas stop to gas stop without shifting around on the seat.  It is un-explainable. My only regret is not doing it 50,000 miles ago.  I also bought the rain cover.  The next day was 600 miles and I smiled all the way.  Best $1000 I have ever spent.  My wife still shakes her head in wonderment, spending that kind of money on a seat. It's actually not as wide as my Mustang was.  Anyone want to buy an Air Hawk?

muddypaws:
That is a bunch of cash but if it works who cares...

Yellow09SERG:
Thank you for the review. Wife and I have been back and forth for 2 years now trying to decide if we should invest that much in a sest. That sure helps the decision

RoadTrip:
I’ve used my RDL on three bikes. Well worth the investment!

Gkup:
Can you post a side picture of the entire bike so I can see what it looks like please

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version