Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7  All

Author Topic: Why is it Snowing Everywhere But Here?  (Read 10347 times)

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
Re: Why is it Snowing Everywhere But Here?
« Reply #75 on: March 17, 2007, 12:34:11 AM »

Hey, Howie!  I've never seen anything like that! :shocked2:  That's about as sick as it gets, man! :2vrolijk_21:  You could sell the begeezus outta those set-ups around here, I bet.

What rate of snowfall is it able to keep up with?!?  Do temps affect the performance, too?

That's freakin' cool! 8)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #76 on: March 17, 2007, 12:56:28 AM »

Hey, Howie!  I've never seen anything like that! :shocked2:  That's about as sick as it gets, man! :2vrolijk_21:  You could sell the begeezus outta those set-ups around here, I bet.

What rate of snowfall is it able to keep up with?!?  Do temps affect the performance, too?

That's freakin' cool! 8)

Hey Brian, thanks man, and I'm sure glad I didn't have to shovel too. I've been home sick all week. The system is definitely dependent on temperature. Also wind velocity and amount of snow/hour. You use these factors to design the system. Mine is set up for 0 deg F, 50 MPH winds, and 2" snow/hour. You can design it as powerful or weak as you want to. For powerful systems, like anything else, you need the HP to back it up. Just keep throwing BTU's at it! I love it! It's made my life so much easier in the winter! Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

ESJ JESTER

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 B/O
« Reply #77 on: March 17, 2007, 01:42:21 AM »

Hey Howie,  Is that steam coming out  over there by the flag pole?   Man we got slammed today  i was thinking about ya while breakin my chops plowing for 8 hrs.  come on  spring...... :coolblue:
Do it right the first time, don't leave it for the next guy, as YOU may be the next guy!!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #78 on: March 17, 2007, 02:12:17 AM »

Hey Howie,  Is that steam coming out  over there by the flag pole?   Man we got slammed today  i was thinking about ya while breakin my chops plowing for 8 hrs.  come on  spring...... :coolblue:

Very perceptive Gene. The water vapor you see is the only by product of combustion released to the atomsphere, vented thru PVC pipes on the side of the house. The fresh air for the boilers enters from outside also. It's a sealed combustion system. It's 98%-99% effic. As a condensing boiler, any contaminants go out with the condensate to a floor drain.

We're getting clobbered too. We got freezing rain all day. I got some big piles fall off some surrounding roofs. Instant dump of 6"-8" in some spots. That will take awhile to melt now. I'll run the system until the entire property is dry! Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

ESJ JESTER

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #79 on: March 17, 2007, 02:22:35 AM »

I thought thats what it was as the new wave of construction up here is using that principle. Its quite cost effective on the new build although there is no NG  up here so propane is the fuel used.   Well  when your neighbors complain bout the loud pipes  just tell em in a ny way to keep your frikin   ice off my property  in the wintah    huh!!   Very cool  system :2vrolijk_21:
Do it right the first time, don't leave it for the next guy, as YOU may be the next guy!!

ESJ JESTER

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #80 on: March 17, 2007, 12:28:47 PM »

Gee Howie...  Il'l be thinking bout your side walk  steaming as i go plow for another too many hours!   Dang my front end loader goes up only 12 feet :nervous: :thinking2:

twincam

« Reply #81 on: March 17, 2007, 08:03:09 PM »

WHAT THE HELL IS TOPIC SPLIT!!!!!????????????????

twincam

« Reply #82 on: March 17, 2007, 08:05:37 PM »

ANYWAY Howie, went on that ride today ........won 1st place in the bike show....... got  a sun burn.......... had to many bud sodas........ will post pics as soon as Gail gets home w/camera!!!!! 8) 8) 8) 8)

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #83 on: March 19, 2007, 08:35:57 AM »

Yea, when it gets deep, we just get out my neighbors bobcat! But it's in the 60's and 70's here now!!!

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #84 on: March 19, 2007, 10:22:29 PM »

I'm lazy ( what else is new ) so I'm not gonna read all 6 pages of this thread, but did anyone suggest that the key to Howie's snow removal system is all the hot air that comes out of his pie hole ?

B B

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #85 on: December 02, 2007, 11:11:50 AM »

Well, here we go again! First snow of the year here. Go to the first post here to see what I do about the snow! Lot of new folks here. I thought ya'll would get a kick out of it! ;)

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=11910.msg185333#msg185333

Hoist! 8)

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #86 on: December 02, 2007, 07:23:38 PM »

just starting here looks like snowmobile season starts tomorrow.....
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #87 on: December 03, 2007, 08:56:33 AM »

Snowed in the mountains, but missed us, and today it's going to be in the 60's! Think I'll go for a ride.

rmarion

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #88 on: January 21, 2008, 05:24:09 PM »

BTW Mad Props to Ya….. On your heated concrete system :bananarock:
2006 FLHTCUSE - Candy/Black
SERT
SEAC
Branch Head Work
BP 595 cam gear drive
2:1 RB Racing Black Hole
Hawgwired Speakers & Amps
Rock & Roll Paint
Danny Grey Seat

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #89 on: January 21, 2008, 05:59:33 PM »

BTW Mad Props to Ya….. On your heated concrete system :bananarock:

Thanks rm! My back thanks me for it every time it snows! ;) :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7  All

Page created in 0.163 seconds with 21 queries.