Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2007 CVO Road King Tank Decals  (Read 1556 times)

trippy

• Full CVO Member
  • 2007 CVO Road King 113cu Stage 4 Baker F6R
2007 CVO Road King Tank Decals
« on: July 31, 2019, 08:49:26 AM »

Hi Guys,

I know this is not the correct section to put this in but just wanted as many people to get a look as possible.

The Tank decals on one side of my 07 CVO Road king were damaged by an unintended Brake fluid spill, as a result it eat through the lacquer and eat into the "HD" decal and the "Flames/Tribal" decals, after speaking to HD in the UK, became clear they (HD) would not supply me with new decals (Nice customer support for Someone that spent £20,000 on a bike), however I could buy a new Tank £2100!!.

So not going to  do  that, so my local indi suggested letting his paint man to have a go at repairing the damage, after 3 months of constant phone calls on the progress, it became clear he was unable to do a repair had had stripped the tank completely back to the metal.

Have lost patience now and got my tank back, its now in a very rough Grey primer, have got a local paint shop to make up some primer/main base coat (Candy Cobalt blue) and laquer.

Does anyone know of anyone who can make a set of Tank decals, or has the size dimensions of the original decals?

Any help would be gratefully received.

Thanks Guys.
WHUFC   COYI

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: 2007 CVO Road King Tank Decals
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2019, 12:10:11 PM »

Hi Guys,

I know this is not the correct section to put this in but just wanted as many people to get a look as possible.

The Tank decals on one side of my 07 CVO Road king were damaged by an unintended Brake fluid spill, as a result it eat through the lacquer and eat into the "HD" decal and the "Flames/Tribal" decals, after speaking to HD in the UK, became clear they (HD) would not supply me with new decals (Nice customer support for Someone that spent £20,000 on a bike), however I could buy a new Tank £2100!!.

So not going to  do  that, so my local indi suggested letting his paint man to have a go at repairing the damage, after 3 months of constant phone calls on the progress, it became clear he was unable to do a repair had had stripped the tank completely back to the metal.

Have lost patience now and got my tank back, its now in a very rough Grey primer, have got a local paint shop to make up some primer/main base coat (Candy Cobalt blue) and laquer.

Does anyone know of anyone who can make a set of Tank decals, or has the size dimensions of the original decals?

Any help would be gratefully received.

Thanks Guys.

I've checked a couple different online parts catalogs and neither shows any decals on the fuel tank of any 2007 Road King model, including the CVO domestic or export versions. :nixweiss:  Are you sure those were decals, or were they perhaps silk screened on the base coat of the paint and then covered with clearcoat?  Harley used to do a lot of silk screen printing on tanks in the old days, had it on my 99 Dyna for instance.  If yours actually were decals that were applied prior to the clearcoat, perhaps that is why they don't list part numbers for replacements as they were considered a part of the paint job and not just a decal applied to the surface.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2019, 04:16:59 PM »

Do they really still use Lacquer in England? Pretty much a thing of the past in the US. In fact some places it is not legal to spray. Just curious. If they are trying to match your HD with lacquer there are No formula's available and matching by guessing would just never work.

trippy

• Full CVO Member
  • 2007 CVO Road King 113cu Stage 4 Baker F6R
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2019, 05:20:12 PM »

Ok, I should have said "Clearcoat",   The upshot is I have the main colour "candy colbalt"  and am not worried about the "Harley Davidson"  emblem, have found stick on tank HD badges that I prefer, the problem is the Tribal/Flames that run under the HD emblem.

So if anyone has similar bike and take a photo and put the dimensions on the photo I would be very grateful.

Thanks.
WHUFC   COYI

Page created in 0.153 seconds with 21 queries.