Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All

Author Topic: Vehicle Hold Control New for 2020  (Read 12818 times)

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
Re: Vehicle Hold Control New for 2020
« Reply #45 on: August 24, 2019, 09:43:37 AM »

Well said sir!

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

It's a good day when an old blind hog finds an acorn or 2.  ;D
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

WildmanUltra

• Wildman
  • Full CVO Member
  • Scars only show where we've been, Live Life
    • WA

• CVO1: 2015 CVO RGU Carbon Dust/Autumn Sunset
    • CVO2: 2011 Road Glide Ultra
    • CVO3: 2010 Road Glide Custom
« Reply #46 on: August 24, 2019, 06:39:19 PM »

I look at all these things as making people lazy and then when a sensor fails then what will people do?

It's like the newer cars that parallel park your car for you. Or the sensors that tell you that you are too close to something. I found out real fast how worthless all this crap was this winter.
You get snow or ice on these sensors and they no longer work. For me with my prosthetic the hill control might be nice but I am doing just fine without all this junk. I never even own a vehicle with a automatic transmission for the first 15 years I was driving. Never had A/C for a lot of years either and never missed it.

mark

« Reply #47 on: August 25, 2019, 09:49:54 AM »

I look at all these things as making people lazy and then when a sensor fails then what will people do?

It's like the newer cars that parallel park your car for you. Or the sensors that tell you that you are too close to something. I found out real fast how worthless all this crap was this winter.
You get snow or ice on these sensors and they no longer work. For me with my prosthetic the hill control might be nice but I am doing just fine without all this junk. I never even own a vehicle with a automatic transmission for the first 15 years I was driving. Never had A/C for a lot of years either and never missed it.

If you'll go back in time we heard the same about fuel injection, ABS brakes, throttle by wire, cruise control, etc. 

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #48 on: August 25, 2019, 10:24:32 AM »

If you'll go back in time we heard the same about fuel injection, ABS brakes, throttle by wire, cruise control, etc.

At the end of the horse era somebody was saying: Buggy whip holders are the future, that horseless carriage will never catch on!

;D

"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

RivRaptor

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

« Reply #49 on: August 25, 2019, 03:07:30 PM »

Agreed, if your going to make a bike do everything for you what's the point....just take the bus.
2017 CVO Street Glide-Dark Slate Candy & Artic Black

Sometimes it's the people who no one imagines anything of that do the things that no one can imagine

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #50 on: August 25, 2019, 05:04:06 PM »

Agreed, if your going to make a bike do everything for you what's the point....just take the bus.

Screw that.  The idea is to care about what you ride.  Doesn't matter what/how someone else rides.  Whatever floats their boat and makes them happy.  It's up to them.  Or, to quote Peter Fonda:

"We wanna be free! We wanna be free to do what we wanna do. We wanna be free to ride. We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Or my standard now decades old response to people that get all "special" about riding something other than a Harley (or whatever); "I don't care what you ride, who you ride, or how you ride.  Just leave me alone while I ride."

08glide

• 1K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2012 cvoseuc
    • CVO2: 08 sg 105 anniv
« Reply #51 on: August 25, 2019, 06:38:01 PM »

not trying to thread jack here, but got a kick out of salesperson yesterday.  talked with sales person yesterday & they were trying to tell about the traction control & how it would keep you from sliding out on decelleration. even said it would keep you from sliding out in a curve. I'm thinking, BS. told them that in 40+ yrs of riding & road racing that on a HD I'd find it hard to believe someone could slide out under normal riding conditions. would have to be riding extremely hard,fast, etc & I don't see that happening. told them it was a good sales pitch for someone, but I wasn't buying it.the RG ultra looks like plain jane Honda paint. no glimmer,shine metal flake, very flat looking colors. looks lik an old honda.
"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."  (James Dean)

RivRaptor

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

« Reply #52 on: August 25, 2019, 07:01:32 PM »

We wanna be free to ride.
Agreed.  Ride not drive.  Fonda & Hopper chose to ride for the experience of it, they could have drove.  (Glad they didn't, the movie would have sucked!)  Reducing the experience down to the equivalent of driving a Lexus, then IMO drive a Lexus.  CVO owners on this site have many choices to get from one place or another but, we chose to ride our Harley's. Hey I'm not against some innovation I just would hope Harley doesn't take the Harley out of their bikes it's the reason I bought one!
« Last Edit: August 25, 2019, 07:41:15 PM by RivRaptor »
2017 CVO Street Glide-Dark Slate Candy & Artic Black

Sometimes it's the people who no one imagines anything of that do the things that no one can imagine

scottt

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #53 on: August 25, 2019, 09:03:33 PM »

Agreed.  Ride not drive.  Fonda & Hopper chose to ride for the experience of it, they could have drove.  (Glad they didn't, the movie would have sucked!)  Reducing the experience down to the equivalent of driving a Lexus, then IMO drive a Lexus.  CVO owners on this site have many choices to get from one place or another but, we chose to ride our Harley's. Hey I'm not against some innovation I just would hope Harley doesn't take the Harley out of their bikes it's the reason I bought one!
Do tell please; what exactly is "don't take the Harley out of Harley's"?

Seriously, do we buy Harleys for styling down the road? How it looks in the garage? Or do we choose because we seriously ride and want a great motorcycle that delivers the best experience?

Have noticed, the number one comment about the 2020's is about paint. Really? Is Paint the most important feature of your bike? Very few comments about the new cornering ABS and how it could help save an accident.

longlast

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #54 on: August 25, 2019, 09:29:34 PM »

When you release the brake, do the stop lights go out?  To me that would be a deal breaker.  I make sure my brake lights are on the whole time I'm sitting still in a vulnerable situation.  In fact when someone is coming up behind me at a stop light, I flash my brake lights just to make sure they see me.  Being clobbered from behind while sitting at a stop once in my past, I'm not crazy about having it happen again.  I'm getting too old, and it takes a lot longer to recover from injuries.

Jerry

I do the same thing tapping the brakes when I'm at a stop and a vehicle is coming up on me.

As for vehicle hold control never owned one but have had work vehicles with it can't say I really liked it.  I've never had issues with rolling back on pulling away.

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
« Reply #55 on: August 25, 2019, 09:30:41 PM »

Is Paint the most important feature of your bike? 

For the rest of the HD line up no, paint is not that important. But for the CVO line up, it should be. Paint is supposed to be one of those things that sets the CVO apart from the rest of the field. And if the buyers don't like it, then expect to hear about it.

There was a time when CVO meant something. Back then they were all built off the assembly line by hand picked crews. But that probably got to be too expensive, so they folded the CVO into the regular line up. Now it's just like the Shriner/Firefighter/Peace Officer Special Editions.

Actually,...when I think about it the Shriner/Firefighter/Peace Officer are all "order ahead and wait" bikes like the CVO used to be. Now you walk into a dealer and there sits 4 CVOs from this year, and 4 CVOs from last year. Kinda takes the uniqueness out of it.
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

Finster101

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #56 on: August 25, 2019, 09:32:24 PM »

"Seriously, do we buy Harleys for styling down the road? How it looks in the garage? Or do we choose because we seriously ride and want a great motorcycle that delivers the best experience?"

Simply put, YES to all three questions.  However what I might consider the best riding experience may not be the same as Mr. Goldwinger or the BMW guy.  I have sat on a few wings and I feel like I'm driving a bus.  I have a couple of friends who ride them and throw them around in the mountains better than some guys on sport bikes.   

BigLock

• Elite CVO Member
  • CVO1 2012
    • NC

• CVO1: 2012 FLTRXSE
    • CVO2: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #57 on: August 26, 2019, 07:52:08 PM »

I agree paint on a CVO is everything. I know my 12 CVO RG was painted by Gun Slinger out of CO. Must likely all CVO's that year was. I think that was the last year they painted for HD.

scottt

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #58 on: August 26, 2019, 08:28:36 PM »

I agree paint on a CVO is everything. I know my 12 CVO RG was painted by Gun Slinger out of CO. Must likely all CVO's that year was. I think that was the last year they painted for HD.
While i respect your position, a CVO should stand for all the best components. Engine, suspension. Paint and style should also be above but not the primary focus of the build. The engine and suspension should receive most of the build budget. This would keep the CVO special. It should be hard to get, very special IMHO.

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
« Reply #59 on: August 26, 2019, 08:39:59 PM »

The engine and suspension should receive most of the build budget. This would keep the CVO special. It should be hard to get, very special IMHO.

And that's how it used to be. Only the CVO came with the bigger engine 95', 103", 110", 114", and now 117". It came with SE cams, intake and exhaust, and a bunch of chrome plus a special limited paint job. And it WAS hard to get, people were putting down payments and waiting 4-6 months. Like I said earlier the bikes were made by hand picked teams off the assembly line. But all of that went away.

Now you walk into the dealer and there it sits on the floor,...alongside last years CVO bike.
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All

Page created in 0.181 seconds with 21 queries.