Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Pull behind camper  (Read 1286 times)

2-oranges

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG
    • CVO2: 2009 SERG
Pull behind camper
« on: October 13, 2019, 10:22:48 PM »

What’s best camper on market and wondering if anyone is pulling Roadman camper ?thanks

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
Re: Pull behind camper
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2019, 11:10:12 AM »

Aspen model is the best. Has a large room in front and a queen size bed. I have had a camper trailer since 2000. Mine is not available any more. It was modeled after the Kwik camp trailers that were made 80's to 90's area. Most were pulled by Gold Wings. Someone bought all their stuff and is making them again I heard but the price is to high. The Aspen model is well made and I also have several friends that own them as well. All of them are very happy with theirs. There is at least one knock off model that I know of as one of my friends bought one a few years back and was not happy and got rid of it. I will tell you they weigh about 325lbs before adding your camping gear. If you ride alone and pull one no problem but if you have a passenger also you want to make sure and have a better clutch only for smooth take off to prevent chatter. If you have any questions I will be glad to help.

JDLEE

• Junior CVO Member
  • Let's Ride!!
Re: Pull behind camper
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2019, 04:35:09 PM »

I have a Bunkhouse, which I think is the "knock-off" model referenced in the prior post. I have used it for 10 years and have nothing but good things to say about it. Take it to Sturgis every year from Texas and haven't had any problems (knock on wood!). It is a heavy trailer, especially once fully loaded for trips.....probably in the 400 lb. range or slightly more.

I believe Bushtec bought out Bunkhouse as I saw them in the Bushtec display area in Sturgis a couple years ago. Not sure if they are still making them or not, but used ones come up sometimes on craigslist and Ebay.

Page created in 0.117 seconds with 21 queries.