Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Author Topic: Article on Brakes  (Read 12954 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Article on Brakes
« Reply #60 on: April 09, 2007, 11:38:57 PM »

Twolanerider,  I wasn't given the option either on the brake pads. I asked them if I could get the Lyndalls instead. From what Jeff was telling me the owner of Hawg Halters went to Lyndalls to see if they could work out a deal but Lyndalls wanted to much $$$$ , so they went with sinters but if you ask for Lyndalls you can get them.

Hey HDG, just in case you missed it at Hawg Halters or they didn't give you the cheat sheet for it you ought to take a look at the website for the mftr/vendor of the locking part of the calipers.  RoadLok is at www.roadlok.com .

There's a registration process that might be worth going through.  It registers your locking hardware to you and your bike and would be used by RoadLok to supply you a replacement key should such a thing ever be necessary.  They also sell other replacement/spare parts like the pins or the lanyard and some other odds and ends.  This seemed to me to be one place where the  registration was worth doing though.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 04:40:55 AM by Twolanerider »

HDguy

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #61 on: April 10, 2007, 04:18:18 AM »

Thanks Twolane for the info. No I did not get the cheat sheet.After they installed the calipers I was in a hurry to get out of there to beat the holiday rush hour traffic.
2006 flhtcuse,V@H true duals with classic slash cut mufflers with end caps, slotted six spoke drive sprocket,fuelpak tuner,nav sys,stage 1 intake,chrome inner primary,SE six speed trans,chrome intake backplate.
2005 flstsci,aux lights,se mufflers,sta

eball

« Reply #62 on: July 10, 2011, 10:07:42 AM »

I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THE FRONT BRAKES ON MY 08 RG WHEN THE FRONT BRAKES ARE APPLIED THERE IS A CLICK. I HAVE CHANGED TO NEWER BREMBO CALIBERS AND PROBLEM IS STILL THERE. WITHOUT GOING TO A SINGLE ROTOR AND CALIBER, HAS ANYONE OUT THERE HAD THIS PROBLEM OR IS IT BUILT INTO BREMBO CALIBERS

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #63 on: July 10, 2011, 11:19:59 AM »

I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THE FRONT BRAKES ON MY 08 RG WHEN THE FRONT BRAKES ARE APPLIED THERE IS A CLICK. I HAVE CHANGED TO NEWER BREMBO CALIBERS AND PROBLEM IS STILL THERE. WITHOUT GOING TO A SINGLE ROTOR AND CALIBER, HAS ANYONE OUT THERE HAD THIS PROBLEM OR IS IT BUILT INTO BREMBO CALIBERS

EBALL, hello.  You may want to go to the New Member Introduction forum near the top of all the topics here and introduce yourself and give us a little background on you and your bike / riding.

That aside, here is a thread that may help you out.

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=61902.0

As was said in this thread, this is a most possible cause scenario.  You may have a mechanical issue instead, so make sure all is well at the front end.  The fact that you've already changed out your calipers gives you some confidence of a sound mechanical brake system.

One thing you don't say is how long has this been going on, from new, or just started before you changed out the calipers?

I have had an '08 SERK with Brembo anti lock brakes and I now have an '09 SERG with the same Brembo anti lock brakes.  Both of my bikes have made the click/clunk/knock noise when I either back up and apply the brakes or just hit them while moving forward.  Mine are more pronounced at slower speeds or even walking speeds in forward or reverse. 

I think we all agree that it's just the clearance in the pads, sometimes the floating rotors, but no time is it an issue of concern.

Again, welcome to the forum.
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black
Board Track Racer Project, Ultima 113"/6spd
2021 Coleman UT400 Side By Side

guppytrash

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #64 on: July 10, 2011, 01:05:07 PM »

I put LRB Z-pads on my 09. 

I used the gold pads on my 2000 RK classic and thought they were the greatest thing since sliced bread.  LRB is an awesome company and great to talk to.

I will say that after about 500 miles on the Zpads on my 09 I am going to take them off the front and go back to HD pads. 

The Zpads are very smooth and progressive (which I like) but require what I guess at to be about 30-40% more pull to get the same stopping power.  I love the progressive part of the Zpads but do not like how hard the squeeze needs to be to get the same brake input as the HD pads.  Before switching I would do almost all braking with just the front brakes and was completely comfortable with that.  Now in the last 500 miles I find myself constantly needing the rear brake to get the stopping power I am used too.

I am a huge fan of LRB and would recommend those pads to anyone with an 07 or older HD, but for me on the 09 they did not work out. 

Anybody else using the Z-pads on an 08 or newer bike?

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Page created in 0.173 seconds with 21 queries.