Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: Daytona bike week cancelled  (Read 4418 times)

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
Re: Daytona bike week cancelled
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2020, 11:47:33 AM »

Puzzled posted up a video yesterday on FB and it looked like the bikes were still there. From what I understand, the vendor permits got pulled. Pretty sure there's still beer in the bars.  :nixweiss:
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2020, 11:54:46 AM »

It’s not by design it’s by default. There was a whole CDC program staffed with doctors and scientists in place to deal with these types of things, which is why all those “other diseases” weren’t so bad. They were able to monitor and mitigate them to some degree. But that whole program was cut and the staff was fired.

So as this grew and spread worldwide, all we could do is watch and send thought and prayers. Then when it hit our shores it was denied, ignored, and called a hoax. We were lied to and told it was going away. And suddenly 24 hours later a state of emergency was declared.

Our nation was uninformed and ill prepared. And now we are experiencing the result. Yesterday I flew. The airports were empty and there were 13 people on my flight. That was not by design, that was by ignorance. We will be feeling the effects of this for generations.
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

kojak

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2020, 01:11:26 PM »

Kojak, same as the flu right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No. its a completely different virus. Unfortunately, it seems to have started in a "wet" meat market in Wuhan. China where they routinely butcher bats for human consumption. Bats carry several virus strains that don't affect them but can be transmitted to humans and that's exactly what happened here with covid 19. China tried to clamp down the news and kept the world in secret till the situation got out of control and they essentially had to declare a quarantine enforced by martial law.
kojak
2022 CVO RGL
2022 Apex FLTRK Traded
2021 CVO Limited Bronze Armor Sold
2019 RGS Billiard Blue Traded
2017 CVO Limited Spiked Olive Traded
2016 CVO SG Stardust Traded
2013 CVO RG Atomic Orange Sold
2010 CVO SG Cobalt Sold
2007 CVO RK Blue Traded
2005 CVO EG Teal Traded
And some 20 other bikes over 45 years

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2020, 02:49:01 PM »

No. its a completely different virus. Unfortunately, it seems to have started in a "wet" meat market in Wuhan. China where they routinely butcher bats for human consumption. Bats carry several virus strains that don't affect them but can be transmitted to humans and that's exactly what happened here with covid 19. China tried to clamp down the news and kept the world in secret till the situation got out of control and they essentially had to declare a quarantine enforced by martial law.

Read the same from multiple sources.  China decided not to take action when Chinese Ozzy or whoever had their bat snack and now the world is out of toilet paper.  Stranger than a movie plot.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG BLK/BLU
    • CVO2: 11 SESG. ORANGE/ BLK
    • CVO3: 19 SERG LIGHTNING/ SLVR
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2020, 03:23:44 PM »

I was there all week and it was mobbed when I left Saturday with only one day left.  When did this happen?? :nixweiss: :nixweiss:

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2020, 03:54:42 PM »

I was there all week and it was mobbed when I left Saturday with only one day left.  When did this happen?? :nixweiss: :nixweiss:

At 8 am on Saturday, announced by Mayor McCheese of Daytona.  Saturday is the last busy day usually.  The last Sunday can be a snoozer when I have stayed until then.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

kojak

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2020, 04:02:45 PM »

Your beloved president Trump just announced that Americans should not gather in groups of 10 or more starting now. Are you listening?
kojak
2022 CVO RGL
2022 Apex FLTRK Traded
2021 CVO Limited Bronze Armor Sold
2019 RGS Billiard Blue Traded
2017 CVO Limited Spiked Olive Traded
2016 CVO SG Stardust Traded
2013 CVO RG Atomic Orange Sold
2010 CVO SG Cobalt Sold
2007 CVO RK Blue Traded
2005 CVO EG Teal Traded
And some 20 other bikes over 45 years

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2020, 07:01:10 PM »

Your beloved president Trump just announced that Americans should not gather in groups of 10 or more starting now. Are you listening?
No reason to turn this thread into a political bashing.

Sent from my boring Droid phone.

PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

J.D.

« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2020, 07:08:02 PM »

Politicians really aren't driving all these containment ideas, the CDC and medical community are.

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2020, 09:49:09 PM »

Media is.

J.D.

« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2020, 10:12:59 PM »

Unfortunately the gov't is damned if they do and damned if they don't (shut everything down).  No way to please everyone under the circumstances.  I personally don't blame our gov't for this mess though.  This type of situation has been predicted by the CDC for many years, all enabled by cheap global air travel, and based on how this virus works there was really no practical way to contain it immediately.  There's really no way to fully plan for every variation of this situation globally, IMHO.

Threephase

• Elite CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Streetglide Starfire/Atomic Red
« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2020, 10:39:45 PM »

This outbreak is a product of a global economy. Imagine if we had open borders as some want...
People call me Left. Because I ain’t Right.

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2020, 06:35:12 AM »

Media is.

I fully agree.  We never had this hysteria for any-other Pandemic.  We are still well under 100 deaths.  Far lower than any other one.  Way lower then the 20,000 flew deaths this year.  The ones in the USA dying are an average age of 74 years old, with serious respiratory problems.

The news is not reporting the 60,000 plus in the USA who have recovered from the Corona virus. 
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

mark

« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2020, 12:24:27 PM »

I fully agree.  We never had this hysteria for any-other Pandemic.  We are still well under 100 deaths.  Far lower than any other one.  Way lower then the 20,000 flew deaths this year.  The ones in the USA dying are an average age of 74 years old, with serious respiratory problems.

The news is not reporting the 60,000 plus in the USA who have recovered from the Corona virus.
The only thing I would add is this virus is much more contagious than the flu.  I think that’s what has public health officials nervous...it could easily get out of hand and overwhelm our medical system. 

guppytrash

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2020, 01:38:38 PM »

It’s not by design it’s by default. There was a whole CDC program staffed with doctors and scientists in place to deal with these types of things, which is why all those “other diseases” weren’t so bad. They were able to monitor and mitigate them to some degree. But that whole program was cut and the staff was fired.

So as this grew and spread worldwide, all we could do is watch and send thought and prayers. Then when it hit our shores it was denied, ignored, and called a hoax. We were lied to and told it was going away. And suddenly 24 hours later a state of emergency was declared.

Our nation was uninformed and ill prepared. And now we are experiencing the result. Yesterday I flew. The airports were empty and there were 13 people on my flight. That was not by design, that was by ignorance. We will be feeling the effects of this for generations.

Well said.  These are some truths people may want to deny, but at the end of the day these are all facts.
Along with the fact we don't know the actual numbers of who has the virus because there are not enough tests. 
Ask anyone who works in a hospital. 
Only select emergency rooms are getting the tests. 
The tests are NOT available to whoever wants them.
More like you will only be tested if you have all the signs including difficulty breathing.

I am not going to post the blog here as it is not mine to post.  But here are some facts of an actual recent case.
40 something pilot.  Plays soccer on the weekends.  Does not smoke.  Good overall health.
Tested positive in emergency room when he could not breathe.  His words.  Not flu or common cold like symptoms.  Worst pain I have ever felt.
He is still in the hospital.

Not trying to cause hysteria or panic.  But this is real and it is real for everyone not just the elderly or sick.

Be safe!  Do something about the things that are in your control and try not to worry about the sh1t that is out of your control.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 0.175 seconds with 22 queries.