Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Get ready. severe crowd restrictions coming for next 2 weeks.  (Read 2598 times)

kojak

• 1K CVO Member

Since the federal govt seems to be behind the curveball of coronavirus spread, states are taking the lead. State of Illinois just closed all bars and restaurants effective tomorrow except for takeout food. 20+states have closed all public schools for at least 3 weeks. I believe this will keep accelerating. This disease doesn't care if you are liberal or conservative, stop listening to the bs and take this seriously. If we all act responsibly, we can get past this quicker. Just as an example, there are a total of 600 total icu beds in the entire state of ny. Right now, 60 of them (10% of all) are taken up by coronavirus patients. Imagine what it will be like in another 3 weeks. This is the time to be an alarmist and be wrong rather than be  complacent and be wrong.
kojak
2022 CVO RGL
2022 Apex FLTRK Traded
2021 CVO Limited Bronze Armor Sold
2019 RGS Billiard Blue Traded
2017 CVO Limited Spiked Olive Traded
2016 CVO SG Stardust Traded
2013 CVO RG Atomic Orange Sold
2010 CVO SG Cobalt Sold
2007 CVO RK Blue Traded
2005 CVO EG Teal Traded
And some 20 other bikes over 45 years

Threephase

• Elite CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Streetglide Starfire/Atomic Red
Re: Get ready. severe crowd restrictions coming for next 2 weeks.
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2020, 05:28:51 PM »

It seems odd that New State has over 57,000 hospital beds and only 600 ICU beds? I would think NYC alone would have more than that with a city population of 8 million.
People call me Left. Because I ain’t Right.

kojak

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2020, 05:34:44 PM »

Their governor reported that number.
kojak
2022 CVO RGL
2022 Apex FLTRK Traded
2021 CVO Limited Bronze Armor Sold
2019 RGS Billiard Blue Traded
2017 CVO Limited Spiked Olive Traded
2016 CVO SG Stardust Traded
2013 CVO RG Atomic Orange Sold
2010 CVO SG Cobalt Sold
2007 CVO RK Blue Traded
2005 CVO EG Teal Traded
And some 20 other bikes over 45 years

Threephase

• Elite CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2020, 05:40:31 PM »

I found this. This seems more realistic.

New York has approximately 53,000 hospital beds, and about 19,000 are unfilled as of Friday.

The state has just more than 3,000 intensive care beds, according to numbers released by New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo.

KGB

• 1K CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: 2016 FLHXSE Carbon Crystal with Phantom Flames
    • CVO2: 2019 FLHTKSE Magnetic Grey/Wineberry w Red Pepper
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2020, 05:40:36 PM »

All bars and restaurants starting tonight have to close at 9:00pm in Ohio

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2018 MITM Eureka Springs
2018 WV GTG
2018 Maggie Valley GTG
2019 MITM Eureka Springs
2019 Maggie Valley GTG
2020 Maggie Valley GTG
2021 WV GTG
2021 Maggie Valley GTG
2022 Ohio GTG
2023 1/2 Maggie Valley GTG

Threephase

• Elite CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2020, 05:52:50 PM »

I think I read the same is happening in Illinois tomorrow, except drive thru can be open.

fastfreddy

• 1K CVO Member
  • MY CVO
    • IA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE traded
    • CVO2: 2016 FLTRUSE
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2020, 06:23:25 PM »

this only means one thing.....   :nervous:
SERGU aka the RENTAL ... never home & always broke...Thnx FF

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2020, 07:21:15 PM »

this only means one thing.....   :nervous:

There will be men that will have to rely on their own cooking !!   :o :o

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2020, 07:25:16 PM »

Unfortunately it will take such drastic actions by authorities because we cannot depend on the average American to just do the right things voluntarily.  Those of us in the higher risk category cannot depend on the majority to do the right things, so we need to isolate ourselves to some extent to try to avoid all of those "who's afraid of a little virus, I'll do what I want" folks and especially the folks who know they are sick but still go to work or to public venues where they spread their diseases far and wide.  It might get a bit boring to stay home most of the time, but it's not something that bothers me.  Catch up on my reading, play some games, finally get a pass from the Mrs. to not go to the gym, tinker on various projects around the house, take some naps; I'm a simple man and the simple pleasures are all I need.  Someone please wake me up when it's over.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2020, 07:28:03 PM »

There will be men that will have to rely on their own cooking !!   :o :o

or.....  Cocktail napkin manufacturers will be going bankrupt?
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2020, 07:35:06 PM »

Unfortunately it will take such drastic actions by authorities because we cannot depend on the average American to just do the right things voluntarily.  Those of us in the higher risk category cannot depend on the majority to do the right things, so we need to isolate ourselves to some extent to try to avoid all of those "who's afraid of a little virus, I'll do what I want" folks and especially the folks who know they are sick but still go to work or to public venues where they spread their diseases far and wide.  It might get a bit boring to stay home most of the time, but it's not something that bothers me.  Catch up on my reading, play some games, finally get a pass from the Mrs. to not go to the gym, tinker on various projects around the house, take some naps; I'm a simple man and the simple pleasures are all I need.  Someone please wake me up when it's over.

Jerry

Self-awareness and self-protection can only go so far though Jerry.  Even though regular animal testing is already being skipped in a vaccine development for this virus a vaccine will still take longer than we can avoid people, surfaces, etc.  All the short term isolations and quarantines will (hopefully) serve the goal of rolling out the exposures (and the concomitant gaining of natural immunities) to a pace that doesn't overwhelm transport, medical, and other systems.  It's less scary if it runs through the population in 18 months instead of six.  I'm an old(er) fart now also.  Not looking forward to eventually making my acquaintance with the bug.  Somewhere, somewhen, and from somewho it's going to happen though.  Fortunately I've got toilet paper (so I should be ok).

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2020, 08:12:05 PM »

Self-awareness and self-protection can only go so far though Jerry.  Even though regular animal testing is already being skipped in a vaccine development for this virus a vaccine will still take longer than we can avoid people, surfaces, etc.  All the short term isolations and quarantines will (hopefully) serve the goal of rolling out the exposures (and the concomitant gaining of natural immunities) to a pace that doesn't overwhelm transport, medical, and other systems.  It's less scary if it runs through the population in 18 months instead of six.  I'm an old(er) fart now also.  Not looking forward to eventually making my acquaintance with the bug.  Somewhere, somewhen, and from somewho it's going to happen though.  Fortunately I've got toilet paper (so I should be ok).

:2vrolijk_21:   Same here Don, but if things get dragged out beyond my supply of toilet paper I can use newspaper (I'm one of those people who still gets a newspaper delivered).  I'm often tempted to use it for TP anyway after reading what they pass off as news. 

I can't help but compare the current situation to the 2009 pandemic often called Swine Flu.  That one dragged out for a year, about 12,000 Americans died from it, and yet the government at that time did very little.  Nothing was shut down, people still did all the things people do, and the media didn't constantly try to promote panic.  I don't remember changing my normal routine at all back then. 

Here's hoping they have overblown the whole thing, but I still think I will take this one much more seriously.  I'm no longer a middle aged whippersnapper, now I'm officially an old coot.

Jerry ;)

Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2020, 08:34:10 PM »

All bars and restaurants starting tonight have to close at 9:00pm in Ohio

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dewine started that chit and Illinois followed suit almost immediately.

Sent from my boring Droid phone.

« Last Edit: March 16, 2020, 06:12:14 AM by OBB »
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2020, 08:36:25 PM »

Since the federal govt seems to be behind the curveball of coronavirus spread, states are taking the lead. State of Illinois just closed all bars and restaurants effective tomorrow except for takeout food. 20+states have closed all public schools for at least 3 weeks. I believe this will keep accelerating. This disease doesn't care if you are liberal or conservative, stop listening to the bs and take this seriously. If we all act responsibly, we can get past this quicker. Just as an example, there are a total of 600 total icu beds in the entire state of ny. Right now, 60 of them (10% of all) are taken up by coronavirus patients. Imagine what it will be like in another 3 weeks. This is the time to be an alarmist and be wrong rather than be  complacent and be wrong.

It's just a Democrat hoax,.........wait,.....

It's going away,.......wait,.....

National Emergency!!!!

I guess it wasn't just "Fake Newz" and hysteria "created by the mainstream media". I guess there really was something to this after all. 
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

J.D.

« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2020, 09:02:50 PM »

CDC now recommending everything stays closed for 8 weeks (minimum).  Every day a new recommendation.  I'm sure it'll be something different in a few days.  Hope government takes care of the people and businesses who cannot work/operate and will ultimately have no income during this time.
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.181 seconds with 22 queries.