Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Iron butt on a Livewire...  (Read 1091 times)

Threephase

• Elite CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Streetglide Starfire/Atomic Red
People call me Left. Because I ain’t Right.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
Re: Iron butt on a Livewire...
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2020, 06:49:44 AM »

"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

RivRaptor

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2020, 01:49:24 PM »

Watched both vids and was wondering, didn't see anything about where they actually charged the dudwire up.  Were they planned stops with the proper available chargers (doesn't seem likely with traffic and real world conditions), or to make that distance they were followed with mobile charging devices?  If its the later than what's the point
2017 CVO Street Glide-Dark Slate Candy & Artic Black

Sometimes it's the people who no one imagines anything of that do the things that no one can imagine

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2020, 01:57:04 PM »

"Michel began the ride in Zurich, covering around 200 km (124 miles) to reach Stuttgart, Germany. From there, Michel rode the approximately 150 km (93 mile) distance back and forth between Stuttgart and Singen, Germany, on the A81 highway. After six legs, interrupted by short charge stops as needed, he finally peeled off for Ruggell, Liechtenstein to finish the 24-hour ride."

Article does not make the charging stops clear.  A guess is for about 550 miles - Stuttgart to Singen for 6 legs - he had 2 places to charge at Level 3.

As a commuter bike - 100 mile day or less - the range makes sense. The price at almost $30k makes little to no sense.

RivRaptor

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2020, 02:05:48 PM »

So he was bouncing between charging stations to get the mileage up....didn't catch that.  What did he prove?
2017 CVO Street Glide-Dark Slate Candy & Artic Black

Sometimes it's the people who no one imagines anything of that do the things that no one can imagine

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2020, 03:19:20 PM »

He got his 1,000 mile Iron Butt I suppose.

I have done more than a few of these, only documented a couple of them.  Usually I make a big loop or head out in 1 direction 1,000 miles +.  Know of some who do Iron Butts by running 100 miles or so, same route, back & forth on the same road enough times to get to 1,000 miles.  For me that is not the "spirit" of the idea - ride 1,000 miles in less than 24 hours. I prefer to have a destination in mind, even if it's my own garage at the end of the 1,000 miles. More fun when it's 1,000 miles away & more challenging.

Page created in 0.116 seconds with 22 queries.