Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2015 CVO Ultra Limited  (Read 2151 times)

joe98

• Junior CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 CVO
2015 CVO Ultra Limited
« on: March 29, 2020, 05:41:17 PM »

Well last September I think I made a very foolish a regrettable mistake.  I sold my 2012 FLHXSE3 Street Glide.  I was off work and recovering from a double inguinal hernia surgery.  6 weeks of going crazy, and mind playing tricks on ya.  Knowing I would'nt ride again in the season(Canada early winter) and my surgery issue at the time, I decided to sell the bike.  Now ofcourse I'm having sellers remorse and kicking myself in the azz.  I wanna get another bike, but I think the Mrs will be exremely pissed if she came home and found a bike in the garage....lol.  I'm toying with the idea, just not sure.  I certainly won't buy new as the prices are absolutely astronomical up here, well over $50 grand for CVO Street Glide and upper 50's for a Limited.  I wanted to ask you folks your opinions on the 2015 models.  I am aware that they still used the 110"  Twin Cam motor, but it is liquid cooled ?  Just the heads ?  Are they still prone to lifter failure ?  Any other issues with this particular model ?  I think I may go with Limited this time around.  I only had my 12 CVO for 2 years, no issues;  only voltage regulator and steering head bearing adjustment.  Other than that it was a good bike.  Had the Fullsac DX with 2" baffles in them and it ran absolutely awesome.  Steve's map with TTS was spot on.   So,...just feeling really anxious right now as spring is approaching and I'll be really hurting when the bikes start rolling out.

Any advice on the Ltd would be greatly appreciated as to what years to watch out for .....Thanks guys !   Much appreciated...

Joel

• 1K CVO Member
    • WA

• CVO1: 2015 CVO LIMITED
Re: 2015 CVO Ultra Limited
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2020, 08:21:26 PM »

We have a 2015 CVO LTD with a little under 20,000 miles on it.
Bought it new in Sept of 15. And other than a nail in the rear tire and the replacement front rim and tire do to not holding air , the bike has been very trouble free.
We mainly use it for long trips and recently bought a Bushtec trailer.
It is stock and will remain that way.
Always keep 2 feet away from your shadow

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2020, 08:01:11 PM »

We have a 2015 CVO LTD with a little under 20,000 miles on it.
Bought it new in Sept of 15. And other than a nail in the rear tire and the replacement front rim and tire do to not holding air , the bike has been very trouble free.
We mainly use it for long trips and recently bought a Bushtec trailer.
It is stock and will remain that way.
I have a 2015 CVO RG Ultra (since new)that has always had a slow leak in the front tire too! I asked to have the wheel checked when I replaced the front tire and they claimed nothing found. Still leaks with the new tire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2020, 09:29:48 PM »

'15 CVO RG like Rob. Still with the 110 and yes it's twin cooled. Still lifter issues. I got 30k mile out of the stock ones on this one.

Sent from my boring Droid phone.

PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

Joel

• 1K CVO Member
    • WA

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2020, 10:38:21 PM »

Mine would lose 15 lbs a day, new valve stem, than a new tire than they replace the rim after I asked if they had to  put air into all the front tires of all the new bikes in the showroom.
4 plus years with replacement rim and I have maybe added 5 lbs to it.

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2020, 06:17:52 AM »

Mine would lose 15 lbs a day, new valve stem, than a new tire than they replace the rim after I asked if they had to  put air into all the front tires of all the new bikes in the showroom.
4 plus years with replacement rim and I have maybe added 5 lbs to it.

Good to hear. Wish I would have pressed the issue while it was under warranty.

joe98

• Junior CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2020, 06:59:58 PM »

Thanks fellas for all your replies.  Not even sure what I’m gonna do with way things are going right now.  I’m also considering a pre owned M8 model, but not a CVO as there still really pricey up here preowned.   I’ve read lots about these oil pumps and fluid transfer on the M8’s.  So uncertainties remain....

RonandJanet

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2020, 11:17:01 AM »

I had the 2014 and replaced the lifters at 20K just to be sure. I had the recalls done (clutch, bags, etc.).  I never had issues and she ran great.  From a performance PoV I didn't do much. I just had a HD Tuner and Fullsac headers with Kuryakyn exhaust. It was a great bike that I wish I still had.  So of course I am also looking for another bike too!

hdguy1

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 FLHTKSE Carbon Dust/Charcoal Slate
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2020, 05:26:24 PM »

This is very coincidental. I had a 2012 CVO FLHSXE3 also that was a complete nightmare. I traded it for a 2015 CVO Ultra Limited and other than a couple of minor things it had been great. Just had a 40K service and all is well to this point.

One thing I noticed is that with the tour pack on, the wind does affect the ride somewhat, but not enough to make a big deal about. I love it!

Vance & Hines Monster Ovals, Power Duals, FP3 Tuner

JMK

• Senior CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: FLTRUSE
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE7(sold)
    • CVO3: FLHTCUSE3(sold)
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2020, 09:59:55 AM »

2015 cvo road glide water pump went out at 15K. Have read quite a few with the same problem. Harley has a redesign. I would change out with the new design.

joe98

• Junior CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2020, 04:39:21 PM »

Seems to be “ luck of the draw “ with a lot of these bikes.  I only  had my 12’ FLHXSE for 2 years and can honestly say it never gave me any serious grief.  Original battery was replaced last year it went 7 years.... lol.
Steering head bearing needed adjustment, and voltage regulator replaced  under warranty.  I guess I never rode enough or kept it long enough to experience the lifter failures that many of you folks have experienced.   Guess it’s gonna be a long wait.....hope everyone makes it through this ok. 

Joel

• 1K CVO Member
    • WA

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2020, 09:07:15 PM »

I had so many problems with my 12 CVO StreetGlide the dealer bought it back at what we paid for, I was stuck with any extras that we bought, but was able to sell all of them, keeping a few items that went on the replacement bike.

Rebel1

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CO

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Ultra Limited
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2020, 12:04:50 PM »

My 2015 Ultra Limited needed lifters at 32K.  Also the compensator at the same time.  Now has 39K and the compensator is rattling again.  Have also had ongoing problems with the power lock system.  When the bike is hot and the ambient temp is over 85, none of the locks work.  When everything cools off, all the locks start working.  No dealer will replace anything since it never does it at the dealer.  Has to be the control module but we all know that telling a dealer what the problem is, never helps. 
Other than that, I really like the bike.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2020, 12:06:54 PM by Rebel1 »

Page created in 0.148 seconds with 21 queries.