Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 TourPak Detach  (Read 1890 times)

Fletch21078

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MD

2010 FLHTCUSE5 TourPak Detach
« on: April 19, 2020, 08:57:30 AM »

I just bought my brother's 2010 CVO Ultra from his estate.  I'm wanting to make the tourpak detachable but can't seem to find a "kit" anywhere on the web?  Anyone done this or have ideas?  It's a POW tribute bike and I'm just trying to make it my own while representing my brother's love for the Military.  ANY help would be greatly appreciated!!

Smoketown

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • PA

• CVO1: 2013 FLHTCUSE8
Re: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 TourPak Detach
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2020, 09:56:57 AM »

Welcome from PA!

Don't know how close you are but, Chesapeake/Eisenhours Harley has some good people there.

The QD tour pack kit should be available in the Harley catalog.

https://www.harley-davidson.com/store/detach-tour-pak-rack

Cheers,
Smoketown

timo482

• Elite CVO Member
Re: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 TourPak Detach
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2020, 09:36:00 PM »

i see it does not have stock exhaust. so... you NEED to find the tuner dongle that went with it,[its real money to replace] or you will have troubles w maint. also you need to find when it had lifters changed last.. other than that they are really good bikes. the later twin cams worked out most of the problems.  all you really see with them is lifter failures.  my 07 has been pretty good after some issues the first thousand miles. i run with a HD sidecar so its really beat on and still good.  i changed the lifters at 30k and one was just starting to go, two small flakes of hardness was gone on one roller.

some of the cool kits for a removable tour pack are no longer available. IF it has the amp under the tour pack and you use the speakers, you need to tread carefully so it works when done. there are LONG articles in the archive of this site with tour pack removal and sound rearrangement. it was always kind of expensive, technical challenging, and a pita to find the parts, but completely doable.

have a great time riding it!!!

to

Page created in 0.123 seconds with 22 queries.