Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Check this out.  (Read 2083 times)

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
Re: Check this out.
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2020, 11:19:34 AM »

I have watched him before. He dislikes HD, makes no bones about it, but will use the HD brand to gain views. When he has anything about HD I just click the thumbsdown and turn him off. BUT he is just there to make a living and I am sure he cares not whether I like him or not.

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2020, 11:53:56 AM »

I have watched him before. He dislikes HD, makes no bones about it, but will use the HD brand to gain views. When he has anything about HD I just click the thumbsdown and turn him off. BUT he is just there to make a living and I am sure he cares not whether I like him or not.

True, but he's also an equal opportunity basher. He once did a spot on BMW that had me laughing as he mentioned the "techno-riders seeking bloated over engineered machines steeped in Wehrmacht traditions".
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

Phreakyz

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: Current: 2019 CVO Road Glide Lightning Silver & Charred Steel With Black Hole
    • CVO2: Previous: 2016 CVO Street Glide Licorice/Cobalt
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2020, 06:10:57 AM »

I have been a long time subscriber to Fort Nine for the reasons stated in this posting. Ryan is generally very good at reviews, almost to the iunt of consumers reports style with the added sarcasm. All that being said, he has never liked HD. He had a review of the Low Rider S a few years back and concluded with much guilt, that he liked the bike. Of course there were buts. His preferred riding is offroad so some of what he says has to be framed that way. To me this is a typical critical review of HD grounded in the sentiment, "they do not produce the types of motorcycles I like. They are so not hype they don't understand today's market"

Buying a bike is not the same as buying a washing machine. It is an emotional purchase and much is tied to the image of the product and how it makes you feel. Fr me ADV Bikes are the real "posers" and 99.9% of users will never go offroad except to a groomed campground possibly. I am not knocking them, it is just not my thing, I am pointing out the hypocrisy.

Yes Harley like everyone but Toyota has issues. BMW has a far higher defect and frequency of repair record and no one seems to bash them. COVID-19 has affected HD especially when there were some bright spots, like a 6% increase in sales until the pandemic hit. I truly hope HD stays around, I love how I feel when I ride them. I know that a Duc Pangale V4 R will leave me in the dust but I don't ride that way for that experience. Motorcycling would forever be diminished in every aspect without HD. In fact IMO when one thinks of motorcycling you think of Harley first which is why the world's press is obsessed with the company. I hope the new CEO can do what it takes.
I wish you would post that every time someone starts a Harley Doom and Gloom thread!   Well Said!
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 21 queries.