Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Author Topic: HD wont replace my pitted rocker box cover  (Read 5796 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: HD wont replace my pitted rocker box cover
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2020, 09:27:51 PM »

If they tell you to piss off don't be replacement parts from them.  In fact don't buy parts from any Harley shop to avoid putting more money in the company's pocket.  There's interesting looking aftermarket alternatives or just take yours off and get them powdercoated to match a predominant color on the bike. A little more color is rarely a bad thing.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2020, 09:34:39 PM »

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2020, 05:27:50 AM »

From dealer and the MoCo.  I requested to speak with a manager so waiting on phone call back from them within next 48 hrs. This might be the last HD I ever buy and I will surely tell them thsat but I’m guessing they don’t really give a chit anyway.

They really do not care any more.  Their quality has gone way down hill.  Was a Major fight to get them to replace my seat on my 19 CVO with only 10K miles on it.  Looked like it had over 50K, very worn, discolored and looked old.  Even sent them pictures of my seat and a 3 year CVO seat with 40K miles on it, which looked new.  After two month of fighting I finally got a new seat.  My dealer was very helpful in this. 

If you can, get your dealer on your side.  Mine has helped me on more than one issue when MoCo says no
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

newseultra07

• Elite CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2020, 09:12:23 AM »

They really do not care any more.  Their quality has gone way down hill.  Was a Major fight to get them to replace my seat on my 19 CVO with only 10K miles on it.  Looked like it had over 50K, very worn, discolored and looked old.  Even sent them pictures of my seat and a 3 year CVO seat with 40K miles on it, which looked new.  After two month of fighting I finally got a new seat.  My dealer was very helpful in this. 

If you can, get your dealer on your side.  Mine has helped me on more than one issue when MoCo says no

Yea dealer is going along with what MOCO decides. They aren't going to step up and do the rite thing. And I've purchased 2 bikes from them.. But not anymore will I. Matter of fact this is prolly gonna be my last HD. Screw them..
2018 Anniversary CVO M8

newseultra07

• Elite CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2020, 02:23:30 PM »

Still waiting on a call back from Someone above the customer service people. Was suppose to be within 48 hrs as of last Thursday but so far Nadda. I did call back about it and said would relay message.  They just don’t give a CHIT  about there customers I guess.
2018 Anniversary CVO M8

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2020, 07:15:10 AM »

Still waiting on a call back from Someone above the customer service people. Was suppose to be within 48 hrs as of last Thursday but so far Nadda. I did call back about it and said would relay message.  They just don’t give a CHIT  about there customers I guess.

In 10 years I have got one of the 10 plus call backs I have been promised.  I just keep calling and calling. 

No they really do not care about the customer at all.  Its been getting worse and worse over the past 5 years.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

mark

« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2020, 10:10:22 AM »

In 10 years I have got one of the 10 plus call backs I have been promised.  I just keep calling and calling. 

No they really do not care about the customer at all.  Its been getting worse and worse over the past 5 years.
Perhaps if the MoCo offered some type Screamin’ Eagle “We Care” plan.  You pay an additional $1,500 at purchase and get the We Care Plan...where the MoCo will return your call within a week.  Does not transfer to a new bike and renewal required yearly.   

Mr. Warlock

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited - unnamed
    • CVO2: 2011 Softail Convertable "Bourbon Betty" - Traded
    • CVO3: 2005 SE FatBoy - Sold
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2020, 05:57:00 AM »

I think the "They All Do That" moniker fits here.
Lived hard and fast, laughed harder than humans have a right to and continue to do so.

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2020, 07:44:40 AM »

Your average is better than mine. I'm still waiting for one call back from ten years ago.

But I did find out through the grapevine that I owe them a fairing.  :bananarock:
Wut the hell was that maneuver

newseultra07

• Elite CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2020, 09:23:53 AM »

Yea its sad that they cant return a phone call. Guess there too busy playing candy crush on there phones to call back a customer that supports there salary.
2018 Anniversary CVO M8

ultrarider123

« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2020, 09:39:29 AM »

I read this entire thread and feel for ya, news.  I moved away from HD and have not looked back.  While I've not had this same issue you are having, the seat (and other) problems Dave has had, I have had MANY issues on other things MoCo related for over 30 plus years of ownership and 40 plus dealing with Harley...and had to ask forgiveness more than a few times for some of the words I've used. 

I am not saying the grass is greener on the other side with another brand but at least the other side I chose has green grass and better customer service (and a much better ride, stock).  I was hesitant to move but did my homework and jumped.  Maybe this is the push you need to move.

I don't know if I will ever purchase another Harley.  I did visit SMHD recently.  It had been a year and a half since I went into the last HD dealer.  I didn't see anything on their showroom that pulled at me, calling me back.  I got back on my Chieftain and headed off, still very pleased with the move.

newseultra07

• Elite CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2020, 02:47:44 PM »

Well after some posts I made on Facebook about this situation. I had an HD dealer reach out to me about what problem was. I explained the the SM and they said to send them some pics and stuff and they would see what they could do for me. Granted this dealer is about 4 hrs away. So maybe it will get a resolution.  I did call the customer support again also and they said they see where I’ve called requesting someone to call me back.  Well I’m still waiting.  Told the lady I would never buy another HD product again if this wasn’t covered. Said she would put a note about what i said. 
2018 Anniversary CVO M8

newseultra07

• Elite CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2020, 01:11:25 PM »

Well 2nd dealer had no luck either getting this resolved. I made another phone call to the HD line & requested a manager to call me back. I advised the person on phone that this would be my last HD bike id purchase if this wasn't taken care of. And that I would tell anyone I came across about this experience. They just don't seem to care.. Still blaming it on ENVIRONMENTAL DAMAGE. I said bike has 3200 miles on it & kept in garage.. But whatever im almost done with it now. HD is loosing the market share. The younger generation aren't buying  a 30k motorcycle. Just wait about 6 months till all these people that bought a new HD with there stimulus money & got no payments till 2021. I bet there will be a lot of repo's coming for HD finance..
2018 Anniversary CVO M8

Phreakyz

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: Current: 2019 CVO Road Glide Lightning Silver & Charred Steel With Black Hole
    • CVO2: Previous: 2016 CVO Street Glide Licorice/Cobalt
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2020, 03:49:58 PM »

Well 2nd dealer had no luck either getting this resolved. I made another phone call to the HD line & requested a manager to call me back. I advised the person on phone that this would be my last HD bike id purchase if this wasn't taken care of. And that I would tell anyone I came across about this experience. They just don't seem to care.. Still blaming it on ENVIRONMENTAL DAMAGE. I said bike has 3200 miles on it & kept in garage.. But whatever im almost done with it now. HD is loosing the market share. The younger generation aren't buying  a 30k motorcycle. Just wait about 6 months till all these people that bought a new HD with there stimulus money & got no payments till 2021. I bet there will be a lot of repo's coming for HD finance..
Would you be willing to post some pics of what you are dealing with?   

newseultra07

• Elite CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2020, 07:11:40 PM »

Well well a manger finally called me back today after almost 3 weeks and numerous phone calls. Said was going to send all my info and pics they got from dealer to higher ups to see if gonna cover it or not. Said would let me know next week of the decision.   I explained to him I’ve bought only CVO’s since 2007 and this would be my last HD bike if not covered. Said the customer reps noted that in there notes. So guess will see what happens next. 
2018 Anniversary CVO M8
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Page created in 0.164 seconds with 21 queries.