CVO Technical > Cleaning/Detailing

Foam canon Qs

<< < (2/3) > >>

Cooch366:
https://adamspolishes.com/collections/car-washing-detailing-kits/products/adam-s-foam-cannon-snub-nose-combo

I have this and very satisfied with it. Instructions say to use 800-900 psi for optimum foam, so less pressure, which has been stated.

Glenncarp:

--- Quote from: dayne66 on June 25, 2020, 01:18:29 AM ---Thinking of getting a foam canon....like the idea of thick foamy soap loosening up all the dirt and road grime....ready to rinse off.

I see some on Amazon for $55-60....anyone have one they'd recommend? What do you use for soap?

https://www.amazon.ca/MATCC-Pressure-Washer-Blaster-Connector/dp/B01MYV2X8H/ref=pd_sbs_263_4/138-5661493-2086730?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B071FQWRT7&pd_rd_r=c50b5817-1701-471a-b714-46160e93271a&pd_rd_w=Ckfhh&pd_rd_wg=wZV04&pf_rd_p=0ec96c83-1800-4e36-8486-44f5573a2612&pf_rd_r=74KFFXD9HK4EMYN2F9N0&refRID=74KFFXD9HK4EMYN2F9N0&th=1

--- End quote ---

After reading this post i bought this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B082B2N6GS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Gotta say I love it. If you adjust the foam consistency and make it thick enough to stay on vertical surfaces for a while, it really does take off road dirt.

It also takes off water marks on windshield and mirrors. I then began using it on my truck, pollen, water marks, dust, light dirt, works well, thin mud in wheel wells, might as well not apply. Another plus is that you have your pressure washer out now, so bike/truck is automatically going to get pressure washed! Make sure you use the green tips and you will have no issues.

CVODON:
Glen, color of tip indicates the width of the pattern. Color has no bearing on amount of water being passed thru. For car/bike washing where you need more water than pressure a green 4.0 will work well but a white 4.0 gives you a wider pattern with more water in that pattern, if that makes any sense. The reason I posted is I have a green that is a 2.0, lots of pressure and the same size pattern as my 4.0 but hardly any water flow, mostly just pressure, whereas the 4.0 drops the pressure and adds the water.
For wheelwells/tires etc on your vehicles a yellow with 3.5 or 4.0 does a great job. Narrower pattern, more focused and lots of water to go along.
Flow rating should be stamped on the nozzle.

Glenncarp:

--- Quote from: CVODON on September 23, 2020, 03:01:22 PM ---Glen, color of tip indicates the width of the pattern. Color has no bearing on amount of water being passed thru. For car/bike washing where you need more water than pressure a green 4.0 will work well but a white 4.0 gives you a wider pattern with more water in that pattern, if that makes any sense. The reason I posted is I have a green that is a 2.0, lots of pressure and the same size pattern as my 4.0 but hardly any water flow, mostly just pressure, whereas the 4.0 drops the pressure and adds the water.
For wheelwells/tires etc on your vehicles a yellow with 3.5 or 4.0 does a great job. Narrower pattern, more focused and lots of water to go along.
Flow rating should be stamped on the nozzle.

--- End quote ---

Good info, thanks, I just know red will take paint off. Lol

CVODON:
Yep, Red will strip some paint especially with a 3000# + gasoline powered unit!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version