Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Indian Neck Failure  (Read 3437 times)

2smoke

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 Softail Convertible
    • CVO2: 2012 Softail Convertible
Re: Indian Neck Failure
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2020, 10:33:57 AM »

Thanks.  If this is not a casting failure, that is a good explanation.  Or the rider hit something - hard - & it cracked.  Back in the days when I worked in a garage I can remember when people would bring in a vehicles that "nothing happened to" & then find part of whatever it was they hit embedded underneath their vehicle.  It's part of human nature - the Sgt. Schutlze kind.
[/quote
Anybody that has worked in a dealership for more than 1 week can tell you the "I was just driving down the road and the engine fell out" stories. My favorites always surrounded when a car came in and the oil pan was ripped off. The owner never had any idea how it happened. First question: "you got any teen-age drivers in the house?" UHHHHHHHHH...

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2020, 11:13:47 AM »

So "Itz FakeNewz", or "The New Indian Hoax".
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2020, 12:57:18 PM »

Thanks.  If this is not a casting failure, that is a good explanation.  Or the rider hit something - hard - & it cracked.  Back in the days when I worked in a garage I can remember when people would bring in a vehicles that "nothing happened to" & then find part of whatever it was they hit embedded underneath their vehicle.  It's part of human nature - the Sgt. Schutlze kind.
[/quote
Anybody that has worked in a dealership for more than 1 week can tell you the "I was just driving down the road and the engine fell out" stories. My favorites always surrounded when a car came in and the oil pan was ripped off. The owner never had any idea how it happened. First question: "you got any teen-age drivers in the house?" UHHHHHHHHH...

;D  Never had one ripped off but saw one with hole & the owner said "the motor just stopped running." No oil.  Worst ones were "It made this real funny noise" & then when you popped the hood you saw what used to be a cat.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2020, 01:18:59 PM »

;D  Never had one ripped off but saw one with hole & the owner said "the motor just stopped running." No oil.  Worst ones were "It made this real funny noise" & then when you popped the hood you saw what used to be a cat.

Here's one,....

I was working at an auto repair shop in Arlington VA and a lady driving an Audi 100 pulls in the driveway. There is oil running out of the pan. The first words out of her mouth were, "This car serves Jesus Christ". I look under the engine and there is a one inch gouge in the bottom of the pan. I said "Ma'am, you can't drive this car, it's leaking oil from a hole". She asks, "Can your fix it?" I said "The pan needs to be replaced, or removed and welded properly". Get this, she says "Can you use glue or tape?" I said, "No, it needs to be done properly, you can't jury rig this". She says,..."But this car serves Jesus", so I replied "Then get him to fix it, I'm not touching it" and walked away. She drove off. How far before before the motor locked up, I do not know.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2020, 02:14:34 PM by Ironhorse »
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

J.D.

« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2020, 01:40:35 PM »

Oh, it serves Jesus, ok, I will glue it  :nixweiss:

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2020, 02:45:15 PM »

Here's one,....

I was working at an auto repair shop in Arlington VA and a lady driving an Audi 100 pulls in the driveway. There is oil running out of the pan. The first words out of her mouth were, "This car serves Jesus Christ". I look under the engine and there is a one inch gouge in the bottom of the pan. I said "Ma'am, you can't drive this car, it's leaking oil from a hole". She asks, "Can your fix it?" I said "The pan needs to be replaced, or removed and welded properly". Get this, she says "Can you use glue or tape?" I said, "No, it needs to be done properly, you can't jury rig this". She says,..."But this car serves Jesus", so I replied "Then get him to fix it, I'm not touching it" and walked away. She drove off. How far before before the motor locked up, I do not know.

The devil musta done it. ;D    Even if Jesus Took the Wheel doubt she got very far.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

charles05663

• 1K CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 - Petunia
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2020, 10:43:05 AM »

Here's one,....

I would have asked her...but do you?

:oops: :nixweiss:
« Last Edit: July 08, 2020, 10:47:13 AM by charles05663 »
And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.
Matthew 4:19

http://www.thefishermenministry.net/

Q:  What is the USA's number one export to China?
A:  Trash!  They loved our high quality trash. (not any longer).

Stolen technology and Jobs!
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.15 seconds with 21 queries.