Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: I dove into the shark tank.  (Read 3457 times)

FLHTKSE16MAN

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NH

Re: I dove into the shark tank.
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2020, 10:08:43 AM »

Beautiful bike man, just test drove same one for chits and giggles this past weekend and I liked it.  Only knock is that it vibrates a little more than my 18 cvo street glide . . . . no idea why but thinking of a road glide for my next one.
It's better to burn out . . . . . . . than to fade away . . . . .

18 CVO Street Glide
16 CVO Limited (sold)
14 Ultra Limited (sold)

Scott7d

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2020 CVO Road Glide 117"
    • IN

• CVO1: 2020 CVO Road Glide 117"
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2020, 01:57:19 PM »

Beautiful bike man, just test drove same one for chits and giggles this past weekend and I liked it.  Only knock is that it vibrates a little more than my 18 cvo street glide . . . . no idea why but thinking of a road glide for my next one.

I have some front end wobble in tight turns. More so when turning left. I am going to make some adjustments to the rear suspension, but also getting front suspension and different tires put on this weekend. I've never been a fan of the HD Dunlops, I'm hoping the changes this weekend fix the wobble. My guess is a cupped front tire. American Elites are going on which I've never had that problem with.
Scott Matlock
Iron Butt Ride List

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2020, 07:47:06 AM »

On a road glide, front end wobble is oftentimes caused by an improperly adjusted neck bearing.  This will show it's self most often decelerating from 50 to 40 with no hands on the bar, if you get side to side movement of the bars, it is the neck bearing.  Often times the factory or the dealer sets it to the same spec as the other touring bikes, which is wrong.  The Road Glide has its own unique spec for the neck bearing. 
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

Scott7d

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2020 CVO Road Glide 117"
    • IN

• CVO1: 2020 CVO Road Glide 117"
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2020, 05:20:59 PM »

On a road glide, front end wobble is oftentimes caused by an improperly adjusted neck bearing.  This will show it's self most often decelerating from 50 to 40 with no hands on the bar, if you get side to side movement of the bars, it is the neck bearing.  Often times the factory or the dealer sets it to the same spec as the other touring bikes, which is wrong.  The Road Glide has its own unique spec for the neck bearing.

Thank you for that info! I have a 5000+ mile trip coming up next week so I will definitely get to feel the bike out after making some changes. If it's still present, I will head back to HD to see about that neck bearing.
Scott Matlock
Iron Butt Ride List
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.122 seconds with 22 queries.