Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11

Author Topic: 2021 CVO's  (Read 23645 times)

kojak

• 1K CVO Member
Re: 2021 CVO's
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2020, 05:45:46 AM »

I read some  articles about no CVO Lineup for 2021, is it too early to confirm that or does someone on here know?
What articles?
kojak
2022 CVO RGL
2022 Apex FLTRK Traded
2021 CVO Limited Bronze Armor Sold
2019 RGS Billiard Blue Traded
2017 CVO Limited Spiked Olive Traded
2016 CVO SG Stardust Traded
2013 CVO RG Atomic Orange Sold
2010 CVO SG Cobalt Sold
2007 CVO RK Blue Traded
2005 CVO EG Teal Traded
And some 20 other bikes over 45 years

Aussie

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2020, 05:00:58 AM »

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2020, 06:35:02 AM »

"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

J.D.

« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2020, 08:50:30 AM »

"They (website Total Motorcycle) also said there were rumours all CVOs would face the axe for 2021."

mark

« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2020, 08:50:36 AM »

Here’s what hiring a tennis shoe executive gets you at HD (from one of the articles linked above):

“The new boss is also driving up the merchandise, parts and accessories side of the business.

He says they will push parts and accessories sales at dealerships by promoting customization.

The company also hopes to attract new customers through investing in new technology for their apparel range.“

I got my first HD in 2002 and the dealer gave me a customization catalog that was probably an inch and a half thick.  Every year after that, HD created even more new accessories which were included in their catalog.  For decades, they’ve offered more accessories than any bike manufacturer.  But now for 2021, the new CEO is going to focus on “customization.”  Seems to me HD has led the motorcycle industry in customization for the last three decades.  With sales down, wouldn’t you first have to sell a bike before the buyer customizes it? 

Also, HD is going to focus on technology in their apparel line to draw new customers.  Perhaps I don’t understand, but how is “technology apparel” going to cause someone to buy a motorcycle?  Actually, I’m not even sure how you add technology to a jacket or a pair of pants.

michaelokielee@yahoo.com

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE / Traded
    • CVO2: 2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2020, 07:18:16 PM »

Here’s what hiring a tennis shoe executive gets you at HD (from one of the articles linked above):

“The new boss is also driving up the merchandise, parts and accessories side of the business.

He says they will push parts and accessories sales at dealerships by promoting customization.

The company also hopes to attract new customers through investing in new technology for their apparel range.“

I got my first HD in 2002 and the dealer gave me a customization catalog that was probably an inch and a half thick.  Every year after that, HD created even more new accessories which were included in their catalog.  For decades, they’ve offered more accessories than any bike manufacturer.  But now for 2021, the new CEO is going to focus on “customization.”  Seems to me HD has led the motorcycle industry in customization for the last three decades.  With sales down, wouldn’t you first have to sell a bike before the buyer customizes it? 

Also, HD is going to focus on technology in their apparel line to draw new customers.  Perhaps I don’t understand, but how is “technology apparel” going to cause someone to buy a motorcycle?  Actually, I’m not even sure how you add technology to a jacket or a pair of pants.

I am going to have to agree with you. You are on point, too bad Harley doesn't listen.

J.D.

« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2020, 07:26:36 PM »

Didn't these dunces learn anything after AMF?  Build a good quality bike for a reasonable price.  Focus on your target market and not the masses.  Treat your customers fairly and with respect.  If they don't do this first really any new strategy isn't going to save them.

kojak

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2020, 04:38:25 AM »

Harley is employing what they call a “back to basics” strategy I.e. less experimentation and focus on what sells. So I would think all the touring bikes will remain maybe in fewer flavors, apparel and parts will still drive profitability and their goal is simply to manage the business for the next couple of years. No more of the last ceo’s experiments. Who knows long term, Wall Street likes the current focus better though, stocks jumped from some dismal lows.
kojak
2022 CVO RGL
2022 Apex FLTRK Traded
2021 CVO Limited Bronze Armor Sold
2019 RGS Billiard Blue Traded
2017 CVO Limited Spiked Olive Traded
2016 CVO SG Stardust Traded
2013 CVO RG Atomic Orange Sold
2010 CVO SG Cobalt Sold
2007 CVO RK Blue Traded
2005 CVO EG Teal Traded
And some 20 other bikes over 45 years

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2020, 06:47:12 AM »

I am thinking more advanced technology in the riding gear, wicking materials, and so on.  Also better water proof materials and keeping heat in for winter.  That said, none of that sells motorcycles.  That is sold to people who have motorcycles and travel on them.  Local riders do not need high tech stuff, distance riders with limited space do.

Quality is what they need to focus on.  Its gone down hill bad in the last 11 years.  My 19 has had more warranty issues than my 09 + 12 +15 +17 + 18 all added together. 

Front rotors failing again, so when it goes in it will be the 5th new set.  two to 3 rotors per front tire. 
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

ultrarider123

« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2020, 07:17:12 AM »

Dave, that is unacceptable.  5 sets of new rotors on a year old bike?  I know you put the miles on a bike but still. 

longlast

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2020, 05:29:49 PM »

I had to replace the rear wheel drive gear one was ordered up from HD  when it arrived it was only good for a wall plaque.
The teeth had parcel chrome and little pebble size splattered bits all within the teeth of the gear. It would have ripped the belt to bits if I would have put it on.

My thoughts were where is quality control how/ why would they ship that kind of crap out. Even the Dealership could not believe it.
The second one was much better but I still think it was below being quality work.

Harley Davidson really needs clean up it's act on their accessories.  For me next time I need any parts I'll be looking at aftermarket first.

Threephase

• Elite CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Streetglide Starfire/Atomic Red
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2020, 10:01:24 PM »

As long as Harley continues to plant non-motorcycle leadership at the top of the company, they will continue to spiral into non-existence. Long ago, other motorcycle companies wanted to “be like” Harley.

I doubt that is the case anymore. Harley is now the example of “What not to do” in vehicle manufacturing.

The old t shirts that say “I own a Harley, not just a t shirt” are about to be replaced by the newer version. “Yes I own a Harley t shirt, because that’s all they sell”.
People call me Left. Because I ain’t Right.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2020, 10:35:19 PM »

History, especially the past twenty years worth, is filled with once excellent companies that were destroyed by p-poor CEO's.  Harley is well down that road, and the board of directors just keeps bringing on people from outside the motorcycle market who have no clue what Harley owners and potential owners want.  These days it's all about moves to make short term profit gains to impress Wall Street and boost the stock price, which will generate a huge bonus for the CEO and other top executives.  Every time, the short term nearsighted approach ultimately fails, digging the hole deeper and deeper for the next clown to roll out of the clown car.  At this point it is too late, Harley directors and management are clueless and don't seem to care that they are clueless.  For the faithful, hopefully someone will buy them out and go back to building  decent quality bikes people actually want to ride.  I look back at the many travails of the Indian brand, and then look at what Polaris is doing with it now.  Harley needs that same sort of restart.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2020, 12:23:12 AM »

What’s happening to the MoCo is a microcosm of a bigger picture. Poor planning, poor response, lacking leadership, management filled with inadequate people in ill suited positions, not listening to the needs of the loyalists, and a weak product that can’t stand up to the flashy promises of the ads and sales pitch. When the focus is on clothing and accessories and not fixing the main product, well it’s going to be a long uncomfortable period. It is what it is.
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2020, 07:14:18 AM »

Dave, that is unacceptable.  5 sets of new rotors on a year old bike?  I know you put the miles on a bike but still.
I have called customer service about this twice now, soon to be three times.  Dealer has called also.  They go bad between 5500 and 6500 miles.  They have replaced front wheel, still warping rotors.  Really sad.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11

Page created in 0.178 seconds with 22 queries.