Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Cooling fans,...  (Read 5163 times)

Scott7d

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2020 CVO Road Glide 117"
    • IN

• CVO1: 2020 CVO Road Glide 117"
Re: Cooling fans,...
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2019, 05:15:24 PM »

I had the Love Jugs Mighty Mite fans on my bike just short of two years before one fan went out due to vibration. They sent me a free replacement fan, then I bought the frame mount kit. The fans and horn hardly even move at all now, even when sitting at idle. I've never had an issue with them falling off or coming loose.

Some of the fans mentioned I believe are more for rider comfort, such as the Harley fan, than actually cooling the heads down. Fans such as Wards and Love Jugs blow through a tunnel behind the spark plug for more of a cooling effect for the motor.

I don't care for how they look, but they blend in better after paint matching them to the motor. They 100% for a fact work. I used to bump down to 1 cylinder very easily on hot summer days when stuck in traffic. And that was when the bike was stock. Now a 124" at 11:1 compression, I've never bumped down to 1 cylinder with these fans on.
Scott Matlock
Iron Butt Ride List

davidw221

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2019, 10:34:06 PM »

Here is what I did with the fan issue, I put a fan in the middle to make things even.

redbeard719

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE converted to FLTRXSE
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTSCI
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2019, 05:10:37 PM »

This thread is very encouraging for me.  I just received a set of the Love Jug Mighty Mites and the frame mount kit as well.  I'm hoping to get them mounted this week.

Since I've swapped in an S&S 124", I've noticed more heat from the rear head.  Everything I've read about these fans (and similar) tells me that they should help greatly.

Thanks to all for sharing their experiences with them!

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2019, 09:34:38 AM »

I had a center fan and it did help but changed later to Wards and made a bigger difference.

danner55

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHTCUSE6 Big Red "Izzy"
    • CVO2: 1989 FLT TOUR GLIDE CLASSIC
    • CVO3: 1997 Heritage Springer Softail
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2019, 06:04:29 AM »

I just installed the Ultra Cooler oil cooler. It replaced the original cooler with thermostat controlled twin fan cooler. It was an easy installation all plug & play. The thermostat is set at on at 210 and off 190. It has to help as oil temp is in the 200,s on any given day of riding Haven’t had a chance to try it out as I have a few other projects going on while it is on the lift.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
IBA #63514
If you can't run with the big dogs stay home on the porch!

danner55

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHTCUSE6 Big Red "Izzy"
    • CVO2: 1989 FLT TOUR GLIDE CLASSIC
    • CVO3: 1997 Heritage Springer Softail
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2019, 06:07:03 AM »

I just installed the Ultra Cooler oil cooler. It replaced the original cooler with thermostat controlled twin fan cooler. It was an easy installation all plug & play. The thermostat is set at on at 210 and off 190. It has to help as oil temp is in the 200,s on any given day of riding Haven’t had a chance to try it out as I have a few other projects going on while it is on the lift.

IBA #63514
If you can't run with the big dogs stay home on the porch!

Scott7d

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2020 CVO Road Glide 117"
    • IN

• CVO1: 2020 CVO Road Glide 117"
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2019, 11:31:57 PM »

Here is what I did with the fan issue, I put a fan in the middle to make things even.

I noticed you have the spark plug covers. Are the Mighty Mites still able to blow through the opening behind the plugs as the design intended? I wasn't sure if your covers were vented.
Scott Matlock
Iron Butt Ride List

Ta2dResqr

• OH

« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2020, 10:52:23 PM »

I have been running the Love Jugs Cool Master for 5 years on my Road King. It has a Stage 4 motor built by Roeder Racing. I went to Sturgis and the bike overheated in traffic to the point of shutting down. I installed the fans as soon as I got home. I borrowed the FLIR camera from work and can actually see a difference. I am using a Thundermax ECU and have to shut the fans off to get the motor through a full heat cycle for tuning. I can then turn the fans on and watch the motor cool back down. I also use it by shutting the motor off and letting the fans cool it back down to ambient so I can tune again a lot faster. I have had one fan fail in 5 years and they sent me a replacement for free. Great product with even better service.
2018 FLHXSE Dark Alloy/Black Denim
Oil Cooler Fan
Redline Fluids
ThunderMax
Fuel Moto Ceramic Jackpot XXX Headpipe
FullSac 2.0" cores with TechMat
Fuel Moto Modified K&N Intake
Feuling Vented Dipstick
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.137 seconds with 22 queries.