Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Installed a Hayden Tensioner....and Amsoil Primary Fluid.......  (Read 2549 times)

fastfreddy

• 1K CVO Member
  • MY CVO
    • IA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE traded
    • CVO2: 2016 FLTRUSE
Re: Installed a Hayden Tensioner....and Amsoil Primary Fluid.......
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2020, 05:28:41 PM »

sure its not a ping ?? tune issue ??    :nixweiss: i had to buy some 87 octane fuel on my last trip and it had a lill ping on some long grade hills ... same driving condition you just explained
SERGU aka the RENTAL ... never home & always broke...Thnx FF

bgdv1

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2020, 07:38:39 PM »

...and now have a "rattle".
At Idle in neutral.....snap the throttle and it has a big rattle. Snap throttle again from anything above idle and no rattle.

Let it settle down to idle again ....and there it is again...the big rattle.

I have it apart now......the 3/8" 'gap' is only about 5/16" without shims on a 70k km chain.

This compensator only has about 3000 km on it.

Oil was quite black when I drained it before installing the Hayden...only 3000 km.

I have had a hayden years ago on another bike without issue....could it be the fluid (amsoil)?....or the fluid accentuated the compensator's failing again?

After the 2nd comp was replaced in my '11 SG I put a Hayden M6 in it and always run Amsoil oils Ive had no problems since. Have 1 setting on work bench for the RG just debating because I have 4 yrs of ESP left.
'17 CVO Ultra
'11 SG

longlast

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2020, 04:16:23 AM »

...and now have a "rattle".
At Idle in neutral.....snap the throttle and it has a big rattle. Snap throttle again from anything above idle and no rattle.

Let it settle down to idle again ....and there it is again...the big rattle.

I have it apart now......the 3/8" 'gap' is only about 5/16" without shims on a 70k km chain.

This compensator only has about 3000 km on it.

Oil was quite black when I drained it before installing the Hayden...only 3000 km.

I have had a hayden years ago on another bike without issue....could it be the fluid (amsoil)?....or the fluid accentuated the compensator's failing again?

dayne,...  looking threw your thread  I have a Hayden M6 I've installed I just curious what was the issue with the tensioner?
What was  causing it to make the rattle? What failed on it? Is it the springs not being up to the job ?

I ask because I've got a bit of a rattling/ heavy tapping/ clicking  sort of noise that I haven't really pin pointed yet.
Top gear there's no noise it's more noticeable in lower gears, or like you described in "N" if I rev it up I can hear it,  running slow in second/ thread gear it noticeable.

Thanks for any input.

dayne66

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • BC

• CVO1: '12 Ruby/Typhoon SG
    • CVO2: '15 Superior Blue FLD Switchback
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2020, 02:07:13 PM »

It's in the shop now waiting for parts. They have a compensator but want to replace the tensioner and chain (both coming fron the US warehouse)because they are baffled as to why I'm eating compensators at an increasingly fast rate.

I put the stock tensioner back in...went on a 1800km vacation .....and it got really loud on the way home. Sounds like LOUD top end noise...but can be traced to primary when putting an ear near it. Gets louder with RPM...not speed. And more vibes felt in feet.......and the horn 'bounces' more.

The Hayden seemed to be fine.....good spring tension....was wondering why I did NOT need a shim with a 65k+ km chain though.Rear tire was in the air and the measurement was per spec and done as on their video.

TO me ....that sounds like the compensator going.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2020, 02:09:36 PM by dayne66 »
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." Socrates

longlast

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2020, 02:44:20 PM »

My compensator has got just under 5k on it as well as the  tensioner they were installed at the same time.
It is close to it's oil change looks like I'll have to investigate and pop the primary open . Cheers

Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 21 queries.