Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6  All

Author Topic: My 2002 FLHRSEI Brandywine SERK  (Read 16512 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: My 2002 FLHRSEI Brandywine SERK
« Reply #60 on: October 13, 2020, 01:54:01 PM »

The saddlebag guards....  Correct.  SEEG did not have them so any seat whose original mold was built for a bike without them won't have the notch.  Don't let that deter you.  It's not a big.

Drill out a few rivets that would surround the area where the notch needs to be.  Roll the leather back far enough to clear those areas and with a sanding wheel on a Dremel notch out the fiberglass.  Then roll the leather back down and put some new pop rivets back in.  First time I did one it took me two hours.  By the fourth time was in and out in 30 minutes.

OddN

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2002 FLHRSEI
« Reply #61 on: October 13, 2020, 04:07:17 PM »

The saddlebag guards....  Correct.  SEEG did not have them so any seat whose original mold was built for a bike without them won't have the notch.  Don't let that deter you.  It's not a big.

Drill out a few rivets that would surround the area where the notch needs to be.  Roll the leather back far enough to clear those areas and with a sanding wheel on a Dremel notch out the fiberglass.  Then roll the leather back down and put some new pop rivets back in.  First time I did one it took me two hours.  By the fourth time was in and out in 30 minutes.

Thanks. That will be on my to do list for tomorrow. Also need to find some flat iron to fabricate the bracket.

OddN

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #62 on: October 14, 2020, 02:01:34 PM »

Fabricated a seat bracket, and modified the seat pan. Now everything looks much better. I'm very pleased with the recent changes, both the dash and the new seat:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #63 on: October 14, 2020, 11:00:53 PM »

Oh yeah, that looks great.  That was an improvement worth chasing :drink: .

If the now somewhat vacant backend begins to get to you there's always a razor or other size tour pak you could hang back there.  Of if you just want a splash of chrome in a smaller visual bite than a tour pak there are some detachable luggage racks that don't look too bad.  They exist to mount in either solo saddle or a dual saddle location.  Or you could leave that gorgeous ass end just the way it is!

OddN

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #64 on: February 03, 2021, 08:39:34 AM »

It's winter time here in Norway, and the SERK is resting under its cover. -16 C and quite a bit of snow outside. Only two wheel activity is on my e-bike with studded tires. And when back inside I try to source some original parts for the SERK.

OddN

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #65 on: February 03, 2021, 08:57:14 AM »

Some of the parts chasing done this winter:

I got hold of two original Centerline wheels, although I suspect the rear to be off a 2005 CVO Fat Boy. The front though is confirmed to be off a 2002 SERK. Don't know if I will use them, but I just had to have them. Both will need new tires as they are really old, but with the front wheel having the wide whitewalls, I can check to see if I like that look before I order any.

Also got a stock rear turn signal bar. My bike has the custom turn signal bar with the low down license plate relocation kit, and I really like that look. But the stock bar turned up and I grabbed it.Will probably never go on the bike as long as I have it.

And finally, I got two rear saddlebag filler panels. They are from a purple SERK, but I will try and find a good painter locally.

OddN

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #66 on: February 03, 2021, 09:01:02 AM »

The purple stuff:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #67 on: February 03, 2021, 09:08:03 AM »

If doing a repaint the House of Kolor brand Candy Brandywine is a really close match.  Close enough that a good painter can make it work.

OddN

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #68 on: February 03, 2021, 01:26:38 PM »

If doing a repaint the House of Kolor brand Candy Brandywine is a really close match.  Close enough that a good painter can make it work.

Thanks. I will try and find someone locally who knows the House of Kolor line.

OddN

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #69 on: March 03, 2021, 09:11:03 AM »

Found a couple of saddlebag fillers in the correct color from one of the Harley recyclers that constantly advertises on ebay. They have some small stone chips but over all they look ok. At least they look a million times better than the hacked pieces that are on my bike right now. Same recycler had a lot of other brandywine parts, and I was tempted to buy the left side cover as well, but it too had some damage. So I passed on that. The one I have looks good on the outside, but is missing one of the mounting pins on the back.

OddN

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #70 on: March 03, 2021, 12:08:32 PM »

And I had my first run of the season yesterday. Dusty but dry roads and around 10 degrees C. Not bad for early March here in Norway.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #71 on: March 03, 2021, 08:39:46 PM »

Looks good.  Nice score on the filler strips.  I'd seen those side panels and other parts listed.  Another of the few of these bikes has bit the dust and is being parted out.

OddN

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #72 on: March 04, 2021, 08:21:03 AM »

Looks good.  Nice score on the filler strips.  I'd seen those side panels and other parts listed.  Another of the few of these bikes has bit the dust and is being parted out.

One man's loss is another man's gain...

Always sorry to se another brandywine being parted out, and by the looks in the video they made of the salvaged bike it didn't look too badly damaged at all. Could be frame damage that didn't show though. But probably still worth more in parts I guess. And thanks to the internet the parts will keep other brandywine bikes (mine included) on the road and looking good in the years to come.

OddN

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #73 on: March 11, 2021, 06:15:40 AM »

Another tiny detail in place. Subtle but important. An ignition switch from a 2007 CVO. I was a bit nervous when dismantling the lock, as I wasn't sure exactly how it would come apart. Initially I thought I'd change only the hinged cover, but I couldn'd find a way to safely remove the hinge pin, so I ended up removing the lock cylinder from my old switch and fitting it to the 07 lock. As far as I know the bike has all its original locks, and I want to keep it that way.

Still want to replace the ring surrounding the switch for a better one, or preferably a new one, but as it is a restricted part I need to find a kind soul with a 2007 bike who would be willing to order one for me...

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #74 on: March 11, 2021, 11:47:32 AM »

Nice little addition.  Few of us would know it wasn't made that way to begin with; but it's a nice change. 
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6  All

Page created in 0.147 seconds with 22 queries.