CVO Social > Other Topics

What Harley Should Have Done

<< < (2/5) > >>

WildClyde:

--- Quote ---For the life of me I do not understand why this forum has become a Harley haters trolling ground
--- End quote ---

I am not a Harley hater!  I currently own two Harleys: a 2016 FLHXSE CVO Street Glide; a 2019 XL1200X Sportster 48. In all, I have owned seven Harleys (three of them CVOs). I have also owned: two Triumphs; a Ducati; a KTM; and three BMWs. Every bike has something to love including the Harleys.

I want to support Harley and I would have purchased a new 2020 Harley but put the brakes on all future Harley purchases. De-committing HD-Connect after promoting it crossed the line for me because I have to be able to trust companies I do business with. If I were a current 2020 Harley HD-Connect user I would be angry as Hell that Harley took a feature away from me after the sale! Harley will have to re-earn my trust before I purchase from them again.

As far as the Livewire goes, others disagree on how competitive it is in the market - especially as compared with Zero:
https://electrek.co/2020/06/10/zero-srf-vs-harley-davidson-livewire-electric-motorcycle/.

Clyde

mark:

--- Quote from: DOCGSS on October 01, 2020, 08:57:40 AM ---Actually this is the second go round for Polaris "teaming up" with electric manufacturers as they did with Brammo. I for one am glad HD developed their own electric bike as it is generally considered the best in class currently. Sales does not determine the best platform. At least HD is original while Polaris reminds me of the Chinese corporate mentality. For the life of me I do not understand why this forum has become a Harley haters trolling ground. No one forces anyone to buy a product from HD. If someone does not like a company, why not simple buy a product you do like. It is interesting that so many feel they are the corporate wizards that have the magic formula for HDs success if they would only listen. No company of HDs size is easy. What is the magic formula for the magazine industry. Markets give significant challenges.

--- End quote ---
Is Harley Davidson dumb?  I don’t know, but many are perplexed by decisions the MoCo has made...like developing a $30k electric motorcycle that’s not going to sell because it’s too expensive, has limited range, and isn't cost competitive with other electric offerings.  It may be the best in its class, but if it’s unaffordable to the target audience, we know how that’ll turn out.   

Ironhorse:

--- Quote from: Mark on October 01, 2020, 09:37:41 PM ---Is Harley Davidson dumb?  I don’t know, but many are perplexed by decisions the MoCo has made...like developing a $30k electric motorcycle that’s not going to sell because it’s too expensive, has limited range, and isn't cost competitive with other electric offerings.  It may be the best in its class, but if it’s unaffordable to the target audience, we know how that’ll turn out.

--- End quote ---

Does anyone know a rider who bought the Livewire? Other than Jay Leno and Jason Momoa,....

iski:

--- Quote from: Ironhorse on October 02, 2020, 01:34:18 AM ---Does anyone know a rider who bought the Livewire? Other than Jay Leno and Jason Momoa,....

--- End quote ---

Nobody I know.  I do know of a couple of HD owners who were "definitely going to buy a Livewire" but when they saw the price vs the competition they changed their mind.

mark:

--- Quote from: Ironhorse on October 02, 2020, 01:34:18 AM ---Does anyone know a rider who bought the Livewire? Other than Jay Leno and Jason Momoa,....

--- End quote ---
I’ve never seen one at a dealership...only at the HD Museum in Milwaukee.  I suspect most dealers don’t want any.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version