Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 09 fatbob  (Read 1018 times)

1workinman

09 fatbob
« on: November 09, 2020, 03:53:17 PM »

I bought a used and I know better a 09 Fat Bob cvo that supposedly has 8k miles on it . I started it up and was quiet ,no lifter noise or compensator noise ect . Pretty clean bike . I took it for a spin and it did vibrate more that I expected . I hope that its not a bad crank on or other motor problems. I not had any good experiences with used bikes .I got it at the Harley dealer and they said it was checked out and ready to go . I replied the last F in time did that a 12 street glide here the shifter lever fell off at the house .The one that is behind the primary and the crank went out in less than 1k more like 500 miles > I had a new SS motor 124 installed but I never forgot . So when  I got home with the little jewel and the throttle grip slid off the checked out an ready to go used CVO bike . Damn I knew better lol .So I was wondering if the Fat bob has a reason for the vibration or am I looking at a SS bottom end here . .  It been a while since I drove a stock bike but the 110  seem to run ok I guess . Very clean bike but I hope I did not get burned again damn .  The cvo 110 does not have a oil cooler and I think it needs one and a set of wards cooling fans . Any advice on a oil cooler also thanks for any help

quicked

• quicked
  • Junior CVO Member
  • GOTTA RIDE
    • FL

• CVO1: 2010 inferno orange flstse
    • CVO2: 2009 electric orange fltrse3
    • CVO3: 2005 cherry seeg,sold 1994 black,polish and chrome FATBOY 117 CUSTOM S&S SIDEWINDER,BAKER TORQUEBOX,CHAINDRIVE
Re: 09 fatbob
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2020, 06:44:30 AM »

fat bob 110ci is solid mount,gonna feel that twin cam vibrate a bit more than rubber mount
09 fltrse3, custom hicomp124,,s&s flywheel,axtell cyl,,redshift 647 cams.s&s lifters,roller rockers,jims titanium pushrods.weldedported heads,s&s lifter pushrods,feuling beehive springs,s&s tc3 oilpump cam plate,se 5.3 inj,se 58mm tbody,baker grudgebox,barnett clutch,aims vp,diamondeng race fastnrs,thundermax,d&d boarzilla,2010 flstse,SE10.5 pistons,ported heads,s&s pshrdslifters,rollrrockers,woodscamstw9b6,SE6.2inj,hpi55tbody,barnettclutch,diamondeng race fasteners ,pm calipers,rb race header

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2020, 09:21:03 AM »

Sounds like you were pre-preparing for buyer's remorse before you even became the buyer.

2smoke

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 Softail Convertible
    • CVO2: 2012 Softail Convertible
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2020, 10:26:05 AM »

fat bob 110ci is solid mount,gonna feel that twin cam vibrate a bit more than rubber mount
Totally agree. Start it up, let it warm up, and then hammer on it. If nothing breaks you got yourself a good bike.

1workinman

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2020, 10:18:30 PM »

Totally agree. Start it up, let it warm up, and then hammer on it. If nothing breaks you got yourself a good bike.
  ok guys I appreciate it . I just got bit once so I not fond of Harley quality anyway but I really like my 2 Harleys but they are SS or mostly SS and built the way I want them . I was thinking ok I can pull the motor and send it off to get fixed the way I want . But since the vibration may be normal then I just replace the lifters and run the breather to the ground .   

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 22 queries.