Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Does a TTS reflash of the ECM affect the ability to flash a new BCM?  (Read 864 times)

motor1

• Elite CVO Member
  • Current Harley: 2022 FLTRKSE

• CVO1: 2022 FLTRKSE
    • CVO2: 2022 FLRTXSE traded, 2015 FLTRUSE traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLTRXSE traded, 2011 FLTRUSE traded

Before I get yelled at, for this thread, I wanted to put it on the TTS master tune thread however Steve hasn’t answered that in almost 7 months. So here is my dilemma. I replaced my GT 6.5 radio with the GTS, so far so good, no problems. Now here’s where the issue is, I have installed the TPMS on my wheels from a 2016 and have the dealer try and install the updated BCM. They cannot get the BCM to except any commands from their shop computer. They have tried a second BCM and still have the same problem. The dealer is trying to work with me but has said they don’t understand why it won’t work. I would love the thoughts (excluding “why did you do the upgrade?”) of some of my extra friends on the site. All I’m trying to do is get a tire pressure reading on my radio.
Excuses are the conditions under which you have failed.

timo482

• Elite CVO Member
Re: Does a TTS reflash of the ECM affect the ability to flash a new BCM?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2020, 07:08:22 PM »

try flashing back to stock [using TTS] from the saved original and then see if the dealer can do it.. ive read several times that with tts you need to flash to stock for the dealer to work on it.

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2020, 12:01:46 AM »

Yes, you need to "restore" your original calibration from the TTS interface then have the dealer perform the updates.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2020, 06:29:20 AM »

And for the record.......we don't yell at anybody here.  It's all peace, love and cum-by-yaa :P
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

motor1

• Elite CVO Member
  • Current Harley: 2022 FLTRKSE

• CVO1: 2022 FLTRKSE
    • CVO2: 2022 FLRTXSE traded, 2015 FLTRUSE traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLTRXSE traded, 2011 FLTRUSE traded
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2020, 06:32:35 AM »

Thank you for the information. I saved the original flash on a thumb drive, so I will load it and SLOWLY ride back to dealer for new BCM install, return home and flash it back. Last question, if I may, can the dealer screw up the BCM install/flash and affect my GTS radio? (I believe the term is “bricking”) as always I appreciate the guidance from the knowledgeable people on this site.
Excuses are the conditions under which you have failed.

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 21 queries.