Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Centerline wheels differences FLSTFSE vs FLHRSEI  (Read 2527 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Centerline wheels differences FLSTFSE vs FLHRSEI
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2021, 09:12:05 AM »

The first wheel has slightly different markings. Some are the same but the numbers are 081104 and it has an additional JWL stamp. That JWL stamp is something I have previously seen on car wheels, and is some sort of japanese test approval, don't know why that would end up on a H-D wheel...

But then it hit me that the numbers could very well be a date stamp. It would match the fact that the 021102 is a 2002 SERK wheel, and it would also confirm that the first wheel 081104 would be for a 2005 CVO Fat Boy and explaim why it has 3/4 inch bearings. Comments?

3/4" wheel bearings definitely not in a wheel from an 02 touring bike.  Very likely you're right and it's from a Fatboy.  If you try to set it up for the 1" bearings you might be ok; or might not.

Some of the wheels I've messed with that were originally for 3/4" bearings did not have a center hole with a large enough diameter to accept the spacer for a 1" axle.  If that's the case you're only option is to have a machine shop bore the center of the wheel such that it will accept the larger OD spacer.

OddN

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2002 FLHRSEI
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2021, 10:16:04 AM »

3/4" wheel bearings definitely not in a wheel from an 02 touring bike.  Very likely you're right and it's from a Fatboy.  If you try to set it up for the 1" bearings you might be ok; or might not.

Some of the wheels I've messed with that were originally for 3/4" bearings did not have a center hole with a large enough diameter to accept the spacer for a 1" axle.  If that's the case you're only option is to have a machine shop bore the center of the wheel such that it will accept the larger OD spacer.

I guess the only way to be sure is to pull the 3/4 inch bearings and spacer and check the clearance then.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2021, 10:56:38 AM »

I guess the only way to be sure is to pull the 3/4 inch bearings and spacer and check the clearance then.

:2vrolijk_21:
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.27 seconds with 22 queries.