Custom Vehicle Discussions > Screamin' Eagle® Electra Glide®

New guy, couple questions

<< < (2/6) > >>

SIKBIRD:
Mine had Hogtunes in it (previous owner installed) but there wasn’t much of a difference as far as I could tell when comparing it to a buddy’s with factory speakers.  I’m sure others will have different opinions but I wouldn’t waste the $ on Hogtunes speakers.  If you are capable of doing the install yourself you can get a much better sounding system for $500-$600 (head unit, thumb control module, amp, and 6.5” speakers with adapter rings) and if you want to put speaker pods in the lowers, you should be able to get a decent speaker and pods for around $250 and those made a huge difference on mine.

VANAMAL:
Great bike id like one too. They had a few issues but for the most part were trouble free. Some of us stripped out clutch basket splines,peeling chrome at wheels and floorboards,cam chain tensioner shoes early failure. Dont forget to lube neck bearings. Turn wheel to right and theres a zerk fitting on neck.  :orange:

Bigmatthew86:
Ok yall school me on handlebars. I'm looking at khrome werks 10". My clutch line seems like it has slack, brake lines not as much. Has anyone got any direct experience with this?

SIKBIRD:
No direct experience but when I was considering changing from factory bars I found this helpful:

http://www.sideroadcycles.com/AmericanMotorcycles/Handlebars/Stock_Bars.html

While our bikes are not specifically listed, it appears that all batwing handlebars from 2002 to 2013? have the same geometry.  So if the bars you’re considering have less pullback and are relatively close in width, you may have just enough slack to run them.  I was seriously considering LA Choppers 10” apes (mainly for the wrist position rather than height) which are only 1” wider on each side than stock but with much less pullback so I think they would have worked with factory wires and cables.  So far I have not been able to muster the give-a-damn to pull the trigger and tear into the fairing but may do it this winter.

If you do order new bars make sure you order a one-piece top clamp...the SEEGs come from the factory with two-piece and they are garbage.

Bigmatthew86:
 After going from the low & wide beach bar to 10" on my fatboy it was a huge improvement. That's my only issue I have with this one so far. I like not having to use a choke, that's a new one for me. I can live with the stock stereo but the bars & squishy forks I'd like to address.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version