Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: M8 114 Standard Oil Transfer  (Read 1685 times)

tazmun

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE (sold)
    • CVO2: 19 FLHXS All Black
M8 114 Standard Oil Transfer
« on: December 04, 2020, 06:45:59 PM »

I know maybe most know about the 2018, 2019 transmission, primary oil transfer issues.
I purchased a 2019 SGS and had the 1k done at 1.3k. About 2.3k later I was reading all different
things about the issue, and decided to head to the garage to check my bike. to my surprise, I found
NOTHING on the transmission dipstick!!!! Took it to the dealer, they took off the primary cover, and
all the oil came pouring out!!!!!
  So following the COMPANIES outline for warranty work, they are SUPPOSED to refill both the tranny and primary
to the correct levels, than I'm supposed to ride it for 1k and have them inspect it again. This process is supposed
to happen 2 more times b4 they do the approved Harley fix. Needless to say seeing as the bike goes to AZ with us
I asked if the could do the fix RFN! The service warranty person got the ok to fix, and away we went!
  My question to you all, has anyone else have the problem, and did the fix work? Anyone who doesn't know
about the issues, please look them up on YouTube, along with valve seat issues. Then check your Transmission!
The "TAZMUN"

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
Re: M8 114 Standard Oil Transfer
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2020, 07:25:40 PM »

I bought a new 2019. Rode it home and when I parked it in the shop I had a terrible finding neutral. So the next morning I checked the trans. Nothing on the dipstick. Took right to my local dealer with 239 miles on it. They did the fix and had the bike back to me the following day. It had been good as gold up to when I traded it in on a new 2020 CVO Limited.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2020, 08:45:48 PM »

I know maybe most know about the 2018, 2019 transmission, primary oil transfer issues.
I purchased a 2019 SGS and had the 1k done at 1.3k. About 2.3k later I was reading all different
things about the issue, and decided to head to the garage to check my bike. to my surprise, I found
NOTHING on the transmission dipstick!!!! Took it to the dealer, they took off the primary cover, and
  So following the COMPANIES outline for warranty work, they are SUPPOSED to refill both the tranny and primary
to the correct levels, than I'm supposed to ride it for 1k and have them inspect it again. This process is supposed
to happen 2 more times b4 they do the approved Harley fix. Needless to say seeing as the bike goes to AZ with us
I asked if the could do the fix RFN! The service warranty person got the ok to fix, and away we went!
  My question to you all, has anyone else have the problem, and did the fix work? Anyone who doesn't know
about the issues, please look them up on YouTube, along with valve seat issues. Then check your Transmission!

Had problems with mine in March of 2019, known issue with a Harley “kit” to solve the transfer issue.
The hose kit works but I’m not sure about the end of the hose right above the trans pulley.
Yes, it does work, and it should be replaced under warranty.
 :soapbox:
JMHO
« Last Edit: December 04, 2020, 11:32:16 PM by HOGMIKE »
HOGMIKE

tazmun

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2020, 09:43:39 AM »

Had problems with mine in March of 2019, known issue with a Harley “kit” to solve the transfer issue.
The hose kit works but I’m not sure about the end of the hose right above the trans pulley.
Yes, it does work, and it should be replaced under warranty.
 :soapbox:
JMHO
Are you talking about the breather hose thru that primary case?
The "TAZMUN"

KGB

• 1K CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: 2016 FLHXSE Carbon Crystal with Phantom Flames
    • CVO2: 2019 FLHTKSE Magnetic Grey/Wineberry w Red Pepper
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2020, 10:42:57 AM »

I purchased a 2019 CVO Limited, I also noticed the hard to find neutral as well, I performed the 1000 mile service and knowing they had oil transfer problems, the first thing I did was removed the derby cover and had a catch can, about 8 ounces pored out of the primary. So I called the dealer and talked to the service manager, he asked me a couple of questions on how I did the test, then he said he would call me back, he called back about 3 hours latter and said he has the parts and we set it up for the next day. They installed the vent hose. The next three oil changes I had absolutely no transfer. Just my experience. 
2018 MITM Eureka Springs
2018 WV GTG
2018 Maggie Valley GTG
2019 MITM Eureka Springs
2019 Maggie Valley GTG
2020 Maggie Valley GTG
2021 WV GTG
2021 Maggie Valley GTG
2022 Ohio GTG
2023 1/2 Maggie Valley GTG

RivRaptor

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2020, 04:07:46 PM »

its amazing to me that HD would put people through the hassle of multiple testing trips before drilling a small hole & installing a 2 cent hose!  My 17' didn't show symptoms until after warrenty so I had to pay almost $50 bucks for a 2 cent hose, gasket & instructions kit for a known problem on an 40K price bike and it seems that HD still has no clue as to why sales are down!  The hose did fix the transfer problem but somehow I don't feel all warm &  fuzzy inside.
2017 CVO Street Glide-Dark Slate Candy & Artic Black

Sometimes it's the people who no one imagines anything of that do the things that no one can imagine

tazmun

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2020, 04:39:22 PM »

its amazing to me that HD would put people through the hassle of multiple testing trips before drilling a small hole & installing a 2 cent hose!  My 17' didn't show symptoms until after warrenty so I had to pay almost $50 bucks for a 2 cent hose, gasket & instructions kit for a known problem on an 40K price bike and it seems that HD still has no clue as to why sales are down!  The hose did fix the transfer problem but somehow I don't feel all warm &  fuzzy inside.
  I think they have more problems than they admit to. They sponsored a music stage
For 20 some years at the biggest music fest in Wisconsin,  until this year. Dropped it, and
Genorac generators took over. My real question is WHY  do they continue to create problems
Every time  they have a new engine? I checked my 2006 only once in 14 year's!
The "TAZMUN"

glinkmeyer

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2020, 06:23:41 PM »

I have a 2019 CVO Limited and also had oil transfer, The Dealership installed the vent and now with 37,000 mile no transfer. Lifter failure at 36,000 miles after a trip out West, new lifters, new cam, new upgraded oil pump and just made it before the Harley warranty ran out. Hope most problems are resolved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2020, 07:09:56 PM »

Are you talking about the breather hose thru that primary case?

Yes
If you do a search there is plenty of talk about the problem.
 :drink:
HOGMIKE

Page created in 0.161 seconds with 22 queries.