Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Dan's Boardtrach Racer Bike Project.  (Read 2904 times)

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
Re: Dan's Boardtrach Racer Bike Project.
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2020, 12:56:55 PM »

I'm from Lynchburg,Va & MI  was herejust down the road a few miles back in the 90's upto around 2007 ( there about. not sure of exact date or year). just curios about the Milwaukee Iron & logo? where did you come up with it? do I know you & can't remember. I have a t-shirt for a benefit we did for Wolfie

Milwaukee Iron was the name of the company that I bought the bike frame, frontend and wheels from.  They were in Lynchburg VA.  They were, for a time on TV with their own reality show similar to OCC, but way less stress.  Randy Simpson was the owner and had been in motorcycles for decades.  There was a downturn in the industry around '09 and he just couldn't keep up with the debt etc.  Also around that time his best friend and welder at the company died.  The combination took him down I believe.  About 2 months after I bought the parts from them, I saw they were having a huge liquidation auction.  There were many bike frames, fenders and parts for auction.  They were huge in making custom fenders.

They had a white sign out front of the building with their logo, the MI in a diamond and the Milwaukee Iron font.  I was able to replicate a similar font and worked with Cool Touch Graphic Designs, a local company in St. Charles MO.  They made up the tank decals and the oil tank logo for me.  It was $192 for 2 logos and 2 tank decals, and that included design artwork time as well.  I felt that was fare and if I need another, they're going to be quite cheap for me to get.  But I think I'll be good for now... :)

Here's a link to one of their show bikes of the boardtrack racer.  I think mine looks a "bit" better so far!

https://www.baggersmag.com/2003-replica-j-racer-worlds-dirtiest-showbike#page-11

Thanks again for all the kind comments guys!
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black
Board Track Racer Project, Ultima 113"/6spd
2021 Coleman UT400 Side By Side

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2020, 01:05:33 PM »

Looks amazing Dan, wish I could see it one person before you sell it. I can't remember, did you sell your 76? ( it was a 76 right? 😁) Hope you and Linda have safe travels to Michigan and have a good Christmas.

Hi Kevin!

I still have the '76 FLH Shovelhead, but "IF" the right person came along, I would sell it.  I have too many projects ahead of me that I want to do, but Linda says no money from our retirement fund or a loan.  So funding my projects relies on me selling STUFF! 

I have most of the expensive items for my Harley powered MG M-Type replica project.  So not a lot of extra money needed there.  But I also would like to build a rock crawler off road buggy of some sort.  Probably a GEO/Chevy Tracker or Suzuki Samurai would do the trick.  That project may need the funds from the '76 to get it past Linda... :)

If anyone would like to add a new toy to their garage, we can talk... :)

We're doing well and haven't had any issues with health etc.  We enjoyed hooking up with you and Kathy while in SD this summer.  Hope you two stay safe and healthy.

Have a very Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas!
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2020, 10:41:50 AM »

Just finished up the re-install of the tail light and turn signals.  They've been done for 10 years, but just replaced all the old cracked rubber gaskets and converted to LED's.  I flattened a 3/8" copper tube to match the arc of the rear fender and bonded it to the inside of the rear fender.  That gave me a place to run my four rear wires through without getting them tangled up in the rear tire.  Also did my ignition wiring to the coil and buttoned that up last night.

Thanks again!
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black

Mikey

• 2003 Harley Davidson FLHRSE12 Screamin' Eagle Road King
  • Senior CVO Member
  • Get the gold, make the rules!

• CVO1: FLHRSEi2 2003
    • CVO2: FLTRUSE 2015
    • Classic Muscle Bikes
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2020, 12:33:54 PM »

Hi Dan,
Really nice work on a very cool project! Rock crawling is really popular here. Happy Holidays to you and the lovely Linda!
Mikey
GET THE GOLD, MAKE THE RULES!
2003 Harley Davidson FLHRSE12 Screamin' Eagle Road King
Limited Edition 100th Anniversary
http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/gallery/452_21_04_11_11_12_33.jpg

Royalroadie

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • KS

« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2020, 08:17:58 AM »

It turned out terrific !   I hope Linda doesn't put a limit on you range toys.
V&H Power Dual Header
Rinehart 4"

acevtwin

• 1K CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: 2000 SERG Orange/White/Black sold
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Orange / Black Sold
    • CVO3: 2010 CVO FLSTSE Convertible Orange/Black CVO4: 2017 FLHXSE Orange/Black CVO5: 2022 FLTRXSE Orange/Black CVO6: 2010 FLSTSE Orange / Black (Yes, a second one)
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2020, 08:50:00 AM »

It's really coming together. If you think of it, post a picture of the gauges in the mirror.

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2020, 05:17:06 PM »

It turned out terrific !   I hope Linda doesn't put a limit on you range toys.

Thanks John.

We're up in MI now at the old homestead with family and friends for a couple weeks.  I brought my pistols for a little target practice with my nephews.  One of them brings over his side to side flipping metals and we have contests to see who can flip them over the other side before the other.  Then we go around on the ground to pick up all the brass as he reloads.  When my buddy and I go to the range back home, I always pick up the brass on the floor for him... :)

I still have tons of small things to do on the bike project, most important will be the front end wiring with the six early Harley style push buttons and then integrating the mirrors into the wiring harness.  I had misplaced the instructions to the mirrors along with the 12v to 5v power supply and momentary push button.  As it turns out, one of the old distributors for the Badlands mirrors had some documents and sent them to me, just what I was missing.  Then I ordered a power supply and push button from Amazon and they will be at my house when I get back home.  Hopefully I will have it running by the end of the year.  Then it's time to get it inspected and do the title thing.  I hope to put a couple hundred miles it before I put it up for sale.

You and Val have a very Merry Christmas and a great New Year!  2021 has to be better than 2020!!!
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2020, 05:19:45 PM »

It's really coming together. If you think of it, post a picture of the gauges in the mirror.

Ace, thanks!

I've not put any power to the wiring yet, still have the whole front end wiring to do when I get back home from MI for the Holidays.

I looked online and there are no "good" pictures of the mirrors, so I will do a few pics when I get power to them.

Thanks again for the kind comment.

Happy Holidays!
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black

acevtwin

• 1K CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO3: 2010 CVO FLSTSE Convertible Orange/Black CVO4: 2017 FLHXSE Orange/Black CVO5: 2022 FLTRXSE Orange/Black CVO6: 2010 FLSTSE Orange / Black (Yes, a second one)
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2020, 12:21:55 PM »

Ace, thanks!

I've not put any power to the wiring yet, still have the whole front end wiring to do when I get back home from MI for the Holidays.

I looked online and there are no "good" pictures of the mirrors, so I will do a few pics when I get power to them.

Thanks again for the kind comment.

Happy Holidays!
When you visit Michigan, where do you go?
I live near Hell.

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2020, 06:25:51 PM »

When you visit Michigan, where do you go?
I live near Hell.

Mentally I feel like I live there too... :)  3

Our family homestead area is the Clare / Farwell area.  That's where we are now.  If you're fisherman or hunter, you probably have heard about Jay's Sporting Goods in Clare.  My brother's house is about half a mile from there.  I graduated from Farwell in '67 and my dad graduated Farwell in '32.  I lived all my life in MI until we moved to O'Fallon MO in '02 for work.

For about a year I worked for a company that sold to Johnson Controls in Manchester.  I had an office in their corporate headquarters for that time.  Spent about three days a week there.  I commuted from Midland where I lived.

Now that I'm retired, I'm trying to talk my wife into moving back to MI, but she's not having any of that, at least for right now.  She's from MO and I moved her to MI in '89, so her home is only 20 miles from where we now live.  But she has no relatives living in the area and all of her old work friends have moved on or passed away.  I think it would be a good move to MI, but I'll just keep plucking away at her resistance a bit at a time... :)

Got snow up here before we got here on Monday, but no additional snow, just cold.

Hope you all have a great Holiday Season!
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black

acevtwin

• 1K CVO Member
    • MI

« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2020, 01:49:38 PM »

Mentally I feel like I live there too... :)  3

Our family homestead area is the Clare / Farwell area.  That's where we are now.  If you're fisherman or hunter, you probably have heard about Jay's Sporting Goods in Clare.  My brother's house is about half a mile from there.  I graduated from Farwell in '67 and my dad graduated Farwell in '32.  I lived all my life in MI until we moved to O'Fallon MO in '02 for work.

For about a year I worked for a company that sold to Johnson Controls in Manchester.  I had an office in their corporate headquarters for that time.  Spent about three days a week there.  I commuted from Midland where I lived.

Now that I'm retired, I'm trying to talk my wife into moving back to MI, but she's not having any of that, at least for right now.  She's from MO and I moved her to MI in '89, so her home is only 20 miles from where we now live.  But she has no relatives living in the area and all of her old work friends have moved on or passed away.  I think it would be a good move to MI, but I'll just keep plucking away at her resistance a bit at a time... :)

Got snow up here before we got here on Monday, but no additional snow, just cold.

Hope you all have a great Holiday Season!
It really is a small world isn't it? I lived in Farwell and went to Farwell High school. I lived on Coolidge off of Surrey rd. Our property backed up to the river if you know the area I'm talking about. Still have friends up there.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.169 seconds with 22 queries.