CVO Technical > Cleaning/Detailing

Last Coat detail.....

<< < (2/4) > >>

CVODON:
Last Coat is a Si02 based product. Makes great shine, has so-so lasting abilities. Graphene is quickly pusing the products like Last Coat out of favor. The new Turtle Wax Graphene, or even the existing Turtle Wax Spray Ceramic is a more advanced, much cheaper product than Last Coat and will outlast it. Check out Pan the Organizer on YouTube, he tests them all, Last Coat was great, a couple years ago. No longer top of the line and still costs to much.
These products make crazy shine, but they shine what is there, If surface is scratched it will be shiny scratches when you get done. NO cleaning or abrasives in any of these ceramic or graphene products.  But Crazy Shine, water beading and dust repellant.

Twolanerider:

--- Quote from: CVODON on December 17, 2020, 04:18:03 PM ---Last Coat is a Si02 based product. Makes great shine, has so-so lasting abilities. Graphene is quickly pusing the products like Last Coat out of favor. The new Turtle Wax Graphene, or even the existing Turtle Wax Spray Ceramic is a more advanced, much cheaper product than Last Coat and will outlast it. Check out Pan the Organizer on YouTube, he tests them all, Last Coat was great, a couple years ago. No longer top of the line and still costs to much.
These products make crazy shine, but they shine what is there, If surface is scratched it will be shiny scratches when you get done. NO cleaning or abrasives in any of these ceramic or graphene products.  But Crazy Shine, water beading and dust repellant.

--- End quote ---

I stumbled in to the Turtle Wax Spray product a year or so ago.  Maybe closer to two (not sure).  Have been very surprised and very pleased at its obvious positive effect, ease of application and very fair cost.  Keep waiting for the other shoe to drop but so far it hasn't.  Has been a real winner.

JCZ:

--- Quote from: CVODON on December 17, 2020, 04:18:03 PM ---Last Coat is a Si02 based product. Makes great shine, has so-so lasting abilities. Graphene is quickly pusing the products like Last Coat out of favor. The new Turtle Wax Graphene, or even the existing Turtle Wax Spray Ceramic is a more advanced, much cheaper product than Last Coat and will outlast it. Check out Pan the Organizer on YouTube, he tests them all, Last Coat was great, a couple years ago. No longer top of the line and still costs to much.

--- End quote ---

Begs the question.......if you knew this, why were you keeping it a secret?  I and many others have spent countless hours looking for a shine like this!   Didn't expect a shine product to repaint the scratches but they're sure not as noticeable.

Are you a chemist or work in the detail business or something like that Don?

Twolanerider:

--- Quote from: JCZ on December 17, 2020, 09:25:20 PM ---
Begs the question.......if you knew this, why were you keeping it a secret?  I and many others have spent countless hours looking for a shine like this!   

--- End quote ---

That's right Don (the other Don, or the other other Don depending on how many of us are reading something); it's your duty to share everything you know about anything with everyone on the site as soon as you know it.  I, personally, don't have countless hours to spend.  And even if I did I couldn't count them.  Because they are, well....; countless.

CVODON:
I do selective Detailing. Very Selective for who. But I do keep up with and try a lot of products, Some free, some I buy. Also worked in Chemical Corp R&D for many years in an earlier life and fully understand what goes on in that field. I am also trained and competent in the auto refinish arena. 
If you want latest product right now, You want Graphene. Do some research on brands and you will find ALOT of non-reputable companies out there. Last Coat does not fall in that category, they are just currently lagging behind a little but I assure you they will catch up soon. But you pay a lot for there stuff. More than necessary in my opinion.
Also I am NEVER guilty of top coating a scratch. I correct all that prior to sealing, whether it be wax, sealant or ceramic. So hopefully that helps you JC.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version