Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: V&H Power Duals for 114 M8 to Help With Heat? CURED!  (Read 1732 times)

ColoradoMike

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CO

V&H Power Duals for 114 M8 to Help With Heat? CURED!
« on: January 12, 2021, 03:54:06 PM »

Hey, I have a 17 Limited CVO 114 M8 and my wife complains about how hot the right side is.

After a fair amount of research and the dealer's recommendation, and I'm seriously thinking of changing the head pipe to the V&H pwr Duals plus have it tuned.

This removes the cats and sounds like this will drop the heat 250 degrees, plus it should sound nicer and have more performance.

Does anyone have this and can give me their opinion of what you think about them?  This will be pricey so I'd like to hear from someone who has them before pulling the trigger.

Hope I got this in the correct place and let me know of any questions of info I didn't include!
« Last Edit: April 20, 2021, 12:50:54 PM by ColoradoMike »

KGB

• 1K CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: 2016 FLHXSE Carbon Crystal with Phantom Flames
    • CVO2: 2019 FLHTKSE Magnetic Grey/Wineberry w Red Pepper
Re: V&H Power Duals for 114 M8 to Help With Heat?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2021, 04:52:06 PM »

Hey, I have a 17 Limited CVO 114 M8 and my wife complains about how hot the right side is.

After a fair amount of research and the dealer's recommendation, and I'm seriously thinking of changing the head pipe to the V&H pwr Duals plus have it tuned.

This removes the cats and sounds like this will drop the heat 250 degrees, plus it should sound nicer and have more performance.

Does anyone have this and can give me their opinion of what you think about them?  This will be pricey so I'd like to hear from someone who has them before pulling the trigger.

Hope I got this in the correct place and let me know of any questions of info I didn't include!

I had that header on a 2015 SGS and liked it, definitely a nice header, you may want to check out Fullsac, he makes a head pipe that will look stock and you use stock heat shields, also makes baffles that fit your stock mufflers, then you can get the TTS tuner as well, there is a lot of posts on here about Fullsac.
2018 MITM Eureka Springs
2018 WV GTG
2018 Maggie Valley GTG
2019 MITM Eureka Springs
2019 Maggie Valley GTG
2020 Maggie Valley GTG
2021 WV GTG
2021 Maggie Valley GTG
2022 Ohio GTG
2023 1/2 Maggie Valley GTG

ColoradoMike

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CO

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2021, 06:07:47 PM »

Thanks and I will check them out as well.

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2021, 06:17:19 PM »

I have that head pipe with 2.25" Fullsac baffles. No problem with heat at all.  I'm in Florida. Great sound and performance too. Stuart
« Last Edit: January 12, 2021, 08:41:30 PM by Cvostu »

ColoradoMike

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CO

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2021, 06:46:02 PM »

Sweet, thanks for the feedback!

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2021, 06:39:26 AM »

I run the Fullsac MX head pipe and 2.25 baffles on my 19 CVO RG, its built to 130 inches.  Does a great job for heat management and power.

I run the older Fullsac DX head pipe and 2.25 baffles on my 13 CVO King.  Really got rid of the heat.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

Jeevz

• Junior CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: 2017 FLHTKSE Stardust
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2021, 11:51:34 AM »

Power duals with Torquer 450s here, much better performance, added the FP3 also, and less heat.  Love that Vance and Hines music.

Dennis97

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MO

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2021, 04:12:16 PM »

If your just upgrading for heat and not performance, a cheaper option would be to try the coolflow can from HD. I am going to put on on in the spring. On my ride.
2020 CVO Tri Glide
2011 CVO Street Glide
2011 Road King
1997 Heritage Softail Springer

ColoradoMike

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CO

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2021, 10:26:53 AM »

Power duals with Torquer 450s here, much better performance, added the FP3 also, and less heat.  Love that Vance and Hines music.

Thanks, this is very helpful! 

ColoradoMike

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CO

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2021, 10:30:01 AM »

If your just upgrading for heat and not performance, a cheaper optiobikeld be to try the coolflow can from HD. I am going to put on on in the spring. On my ride.

Oh, I want the performance and better sound as well!  I've seen the fan but am not keen to add it if the exhaust change can help.  This is my dream bike so I'm willing to spend what I need to make it run good, be cooler and sound good.  Thanks for your post!

Scott7d

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2020 CVO Road Glide 117"
    • IN

• CVO1: 2020 CVO Road Glide 117"
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2021, 03:57:30 PM »

We had V&H Power Duals and S&S Grand National slip-ons installed straight from the dealership on our 2020 with a stage 1 EPA compliant flash. The bike still got so hot that my fiancé's legs would get red marks if we were stuck at a light for a while. She eventually had to prop her legs up in my lap to keep from getting burned. It ran hotter than my old high compression 124".

I eventually had the cam replaced and had it dyno tuned. Now we could probably sit at a stop light for an hour and not feel the amount of heat it was previously putting out. Changing the head pipe, adding the cool flow fan, etc....Things like that will probably help some. But those are treating symptoms and not addressing the problem. Getting the bike comprehensively tuned will not only help with a better running, and possibly more fuel efficient bike, but I guarantee you will feel the heat reduction. My fiancé knows nothing about motorcycles other than how to hop on back and enjoy the ride. She noticed a huge difference the day we got it back from tuning. The show-stopper would be if you were still in warranty and wanted to keep that.

Hope this helps.
Scott Matlock
Iron Butt Ride List

RiderX

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • VA

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2021, 04:32:38 PM »

I have a set of V&H Power Duals in black on my 2019 CVO Street Glide that I am about to remove from my bike.  I am upgrading them to a D&D Billet Cat Full Exhaust system.  They are great pipes, have less than 5K miles on them, and are in immaculate condition.  Shoot me a PM if you are interested in buying them. 
2019 CVO Street Glide (Dark Forest)
Vance & Hines Power Duals
MagnaFlow 4.5" Hitmans
Factory 47 12" Bars
Ohlins HD159 Blackline Shocks

ColoradoMike

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CO

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2021, 01:41:55 PM »

I have a set of V&H Power Duals in black on my 2019 CVO Street Glide that I am about to remove from my bike.  I am upgrading them to a D&D Billet Cat Full Exhaust system.  They are great pipes, have less than 5K miles on them, and are in immaculate condition.  Shoot me a PM if you are interested in buying them.

Thanks, but my bike is a chrome beast so the black just ain't gonna work!  Good luck in selling them!

ColoradoMike

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CO

Re: V&H Power Duals for 114 M8 to Help With Heat? CURED!
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2021, 12:49:53 PM »

Ended up getting the V&H Power Duals installed over the winter along with having it dyno'd and tuned.  WHAT A DIFFERENCE!  Have only been able to ride it a few times and the highest temp was about 80 degrees outside, but the difference is amazing as the bike runs nice and cool!  While it ran well before the changes it now seems like it has endless throttle and just gets up and flies!

While the cost was pricey, my better half is very happy with the much lower amount of heat and I like that she is, plus the better sound and performance was well worth it. 

Thanks for all the help from the forum!
« Last Edit: April 20, 2021, 01:49:45 PM by ColoradoMike »

Page created in 0.194 seconds with 21 queries.