Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Camshaft Upgrades and others.....  (Read 1246 times)

Korazu

• NC

• CVO1: 2016 CVO Road Glide Ultra - Ruby Red/Platinum Silver
Camshaft Upgrades and others.....
« on: February 05, 2021, 09:01:13 PM »

So, I've decided that since my extended warranty is ending on my ride, that I want to upgrade the camshafts. I have done a lot of perusing the forums and found that I should replace the pushrods and lifters also. So I am going to go with the Woods-T7H kit from fuel moto.

My question is, my indy guy said that while I had it opened I should at least replace the cam plate if not the oil pump too. However, I also asked FM about it and with my lower miles 14k, didn't think it was warranted to do. I am kind of at a loss not being a wrench head, so I need some input.  I would think it would be best to do since you're already opening up the box, but I also don't want to introduce any other issues, which I may anyways with these other upgrades. I don't want to open it now and then have to do again shortly after. I am also looking at the S&S TC3 kit or the SE Billet cam plate and oil pump.

What say ye?

Thanks for the advice also.
"If you can park your bike without admiring it, then you've bought the wrong bike!"

States my harley's been in: States I've been to:

HD Street Performance

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
Re: Camshaft Upgrades and others.....
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2021, 09:53:52 AM »

Get it apart and inspect the stock parts and decide. There is no need for an aftermarket pump and plate if the stock unit is not worn. Check crank runout while in there. replace cam bearings with B168 heavy duty bearings.

Korazu

• NC

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2021, 10:48:50 AM »

Get it apart and inspect the stock parts and decide. There is no need for an aftermarket pump and plate if the stock unit is not worn. Check crank runout while in there. replace cam bearings with B168 heavy duty bearings.
Thanks man!  I got the kit from FuelMoto and it also has the Kyoto bearings.  I’ll have them check the crank runout also.

Sent one-handed from my iPhone using Tapatalk, disregard the ducking typos.
"If you can park your bike without admiring it, then you've bought the wrong bike!"

stuart1270

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NY

• CVO1: 2016 CVO limited 117ci
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2021, 11:08:23 PM »

I did the 117 big bore kit on my 2016 CVO 110 also did S&S cam plate and oil pump had 17k on the clock glad I did oil pump better and consistent oil pressure
« Last Edit: February 07, 2021, 11:13:42 PM by stuart1270 »

Korazu

• NC

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2021, 05:56:42 PM »

I did the 117 big bore kit on my 2016 CVO 110 also did S&S cam plate and oil pump had 17k on the clock glad I did oil pump better and consistent oil pressure

Nice! I think if I did a big bore, that I'd do the cam plate and oil pump also,.

Just dropped my bike off with my indy guy. It was 50'ish today, so just rode it over there instead of trailering it later in the week. Said it would probably be beginning of next week before he got to it. As it's supposed to be cold, rainy or snowy, not going to ride anyways. I can't wait until it's done either. lol

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 22 queries.