Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Advice/Thoughts on this 110 CVO Limited cam chest modification  (Read 1829 times)

alandchris

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NJ

Advice/Thoughts on this 110 CVO Limited cam chest modification
« on: January 13, 2021, 03:59:39 PM »

Looking to do the following - all I'm really looking to do is get some more torque and a good tune to run better along with some upgrades that I think will be better than stock in the long run: would you add or subtract to this list of things I'm going to do - and if so, why ?   thanks in advance...

2016 CVO Limited.  Currently has the Rinehart True Duals exhaust

zipper cam chain tensioners
587 redshift cams
s&s adjustable pushrods
fueling race lifters
zippers cam plate
fuelings oil pump
dyno

HD Street Performance

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
Re: Advice/Thoughts on this 110 CVO Limited cam chest modification
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2021, 12:25:26 PM »

Put a set of lifters in it and get it on a dyno.
The rest will not help anything and especially low to mid torque. The stock cam works wonderfully for that.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2021, 01:29:57 PM »

Have seen much more failure with the expensive Feuling race lifters than with the standard Feuling lifters.  If available would use Johnson instead of either.  Also, those expensive Zippers tensioners are well... they're expensive.  So they are very good.... at taking money out of your wallet.

HD Street Performance

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2021, 03:16:20 PM »

What is broken? We lose lifters. This is not from anything oil related. The tensioners last in excess of 50k and work fine. On a 110 a realistic service interval is 30k, in my opinion,  once harleys lifters are gone. There is nothing wrong with feuling lifters but they are 3x the money as the hylift (slow bleed not available) or Morels. Change the cam to a tts-100 if you like torque.  It is easy on the lifters because its lift rate is a little more sensible. Fullsac is a dealer for tts.

busarealfast

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2021, 07:54:06 PM »

Id go with advice from HD. Im running the 587 in my 117. Installed it when it was 110 and lost low end power compared to the se255.
2009 Ultra CVO Stage 4
Vance & Hines Pro pipe
Thundermax auto tune
Ephesians 2:8

cdulaney17

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2021, 06:11:17 PM »

in addition, add...
2-1 headers
Thundermax ECM,
then dyno

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

2smoke

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 Softail Convertible
    • CVO2: 2012 Softail Convertible
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2021, 10:43:32 AM »

I agree with HD. They don't call the SE255 cams "the school bus cams" for nothin'. They are the torque monsters. Unless there is something wrong with your stock oil pump and/or cam plate there is no reason to change it. Get those lifters replaced and get a good tune on that bike. That will yield the best results. Also, there is nothing wrong with your stock cam tensioners. If the shoes are worn replace them- it's simple. When I pulled out my SE255 cams I immediately felt that loss of low-end torque when fully loaded up for a trip riding 2-up. Regardless of all the crap you hear, NOT all the stock components are junk.

timo482

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2021, 09:39:10 PM »

i installed 255 cams. best thing ive done on my 2007 LOTS more power at the speeds i ride

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2021, 06:21:11 PM »

Was your 07 a CVO? 
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

timo482

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2021, 09:36:41 PM »

ultra with sidecar.. i joined this group way back then because of the issues folks had with crank and comp failures. running a sidecar adds a LOT of load & they cost a PILE of $. i follow conservative maintenance. i do lifters at 20. the compensator is the current SE, third comp, there was a change when still under warranty. it had the dreaded liner shift and oil consumption fiasco at 500 miles. that all got sorted by the dealer, broke in on the dyno. it uses zero oil, no oil in the breather vents to the intake. changed the inner cam bearings. changed final drive. do a  cam inspection when i do the lifters. i pull the tank and valve covers to keep stock pushrods that cant come undone and mess up. there were some threads in 7&8 about sound system wiring that i used to rationalize my sidecar sound. im running a 255 cam from a CVO. 70-30 gearing.. liberty tree, progressive shocks and springs, harley heavy fork oil.

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 22 queries.