CVO Social > Off Topic

Third Party Picture Hosting Site

(1/2) > >>

Dan_Lockwood:
Hello all.

I've been using Picture Trail for my picture hosting for around 15 years now, but they sent me an e-mail saying that due to a turn down in the use of their site, they're closing up shop the end of February.

I have Dropbox and Apple i-Cloud.  I got an e-mail from Microsoft and they offer a cloud based hosting site, but I think it's more for personal or business use than using it for the purpose of posting in forums etc.  But I do understand they have share folders and that "might" work to post from.

Picture Bucket seems to have tons of advertising and that's a big turn off for them.

Who do you guys use and why?  What kind of fee/month are they charging?

Thanks in advance!

Dan

2k:
Hey Dan.......btw, thanks for the music. I use postimages.org, might not be what you are looking for as it gives any of your pictures a web address and this allows you to post most anywhere. If it's free it's for me.

JCZ:
I've used Picturetrail since about 2002 also and got the same email.   I've already went to their web site and captured the photos that I want to keep.

I've also been using Flickr for about eight years.  Flickr Pro has unlimited storage for $20 a year.

porthole:
I don't use it but one of my techie buddies uses smugmug for several years now and he likes it.

After the photobucket BS I won't bother anymore.

Dan_Lockwood:

--- Quote from: JCZ on January 28, 2021, 06:40:54 AM ---I've used Picturetrail since about 2002 also and got the same email.   I've already went to their web site and captured the photos that I want to keep.

I've also been using Flickr for about eight years.  Flickr Pro has unlimited storage for $20 a year.

--- End quote ---

Thanks all for the comments and suggestions.

JCZ, with Flickr Pro, do they allow for posting of pictures on forums like Picture Trail does, or did?

Thanks again!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version