Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A true custom CVO  (Read 1014 times)

papahead03

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

A true custom CVO
« on: February 04, 2021, 11:46:35 AM »

So due to recent issues I found with my bike I am now rebuilding. Every bad bit that the ‘07 110s had a reputation for I am finding. Too tight primary chain, chewed up main shaft bearing, compensator completely shot and slapping around in there, inner primary bearing was going out, runs hot as hell, too big valve springs chewing up my cams and lifters, I had metal all in my primary and tranny, and somehow my steel plates in the clutch were worn. I recently replaced pads but didn’t think about the steels. So I gutted the tranny and stripped the jugs off. I have had hell getting valve seals other than the chitty little stock ones. Everything I find is the top hat seals and my springs won’t fit over them. I did swap to Kibblewhite springs to take some of the load off the valves. We will see how it does. If I have to tear it back down what’s another day? Swapped pistons with S&S 10.5:1 flat tops. While waiting for everything to come in that I ordered I decided she needed a makeover. So I’m putting a street glide front end on it, black wire spokes for now, and a road glide fairing. As well as get rid of all that god awful chrome. This is how I left it when I came to work this morning. There’s been quite a few all nighters in the past 3 weeks but she’s gonna get there.

So I’ve done all of this, and she’s completely tore down. Any suggestions(reasonable) of what I can do while I’m here.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: A true custom CVO
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2021, 12:03:39 PM »

Starting at the beginning does allow you some options you might not have considered otherwise:

https://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=43691.0

RivRaptor

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2021, 01:08:47 PM »

Sure looks like a bike lift would make your life a little easier, that can't be fun working on the floor!  The Harbor Freight one is around $400 I think.  Sorry don't known anymore then what you seem to already known about twin cams.
2017 CVO Street Glide-Dark Slate Candy & Artic Black

Sometimes it's the people who no one imagines anything of that do the things that no one can imagine

kevin_n

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WI

• CVO1: 2016 SESG
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2021, 08:30:14 PM »

Dang! Fat front tire kit? So much taken off you can do whatever you want.

Page created in 0.151 seconds with 21 queries.