Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: CVO footboards - can they be moved forward and lowered?  (Read 1083 times)

domx

• www.CVOHARLEY.com

CVO footboards - can they be moved forward and lowered?
« on: February 09, 2021, 02:17:29 PM »

I posted the other day that the seat on my 2020 CVO SG is too low, and I'm now working of fixing that issue. Someone asked me why I didn't move the footboards forward with an extension kit, but for the life of me I can't find anything for a 2020 SG. Anyone know who makes such a thing and is it likely to help as I feel my knees are too high.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: CVO footboards - can they be moved forward and lowered?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2021, 03:22:32 PM »

If you use the search feature you'll find threads on lowered footboards.

I think people got away from doing that.  It minimizes your lean angles when turning.  I followed Jonga through a turn where his lowered floorboards lifted his rear tire and he went in to the side of the hill in a curve.  Fortunately, he was able to ride it back home but it sure trashed his bike and he was damn lucky to still be sucking air.  It could have been much uglier.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Page created in 0.113 seconds with 22 queries.