Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bassani Slip On's Got Loud  (Read 1151 times)

SE66

• Senior CVO Member
  • Life Begins When You Get One

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Twilight Blue / Stardust Silver
Bassani Slip On's Got Loud
« on: February 11, 2021, 10:31:45 PM »

I am currently running the Bassani FH523SL 4" mufflers on my CVO Ultra.   Several years ago when I purchased them they had a nice mellow tone to them,  now they are very loud,  I pulled the baffles out and rewrapped them expecting to get that nice mellow tone back again, but nope didn't happen,  still has that very aggressive loud tone to it.  Nor sure what has happened,  the baffles still look just as good as new,  just very black.  Any ideas why these slip ons don:t sound like they use to,  I sure miss that low mellow rumble that I use to have.  Also I would entertain some new suggestions on some mufflers that has that deep tone to them.  I guess I will have to buy some more mufflers,  just not sure what to purchase.

Thanks
Jimmy
Jimmy

Priz

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MD

• CVO1: 08 CVO Road King FLHRSE4
    • CVO2: 50 EL custom chop
    • CVO3: 76 FLH
Re: Bassani Slip On's Got Loud
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2021, 09:57:49 AM »

Have you checked you header bolts? Had this and found my rear header bolts finger tight.
Problems cannot be solved using the same level of awareness that created them!

georgw221

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2021, 01:52:37 PM »

Do you have the Cat in the head pipe?

SE66

• Senior CVO Member
  • Life Begins When You Get One

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Twilight Blue / Stardust Silver
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2021, 09:54:11 PM »

Have checked header bolts and I have the V&H  crossover pipes on it.  haven't hanged anything since I put the mufflers on years ago.  Mufflers use to have a real deep sound,  thought the baffle wrap was bad but it wasn't.  So I rewrapped them anyway,  There was no difference in sound.  Still very loud,  doesn't have that low deep sound anymore.  I called Bassani and they said I need to give the.baffles a little time to burn in and the insulation will become looser and the deep sound should return.  A tight wrap will not produce a deep sound. but you have to wrap it tight to get the baffle back in the caN.  I guess I will give it some time and see what happens.
Jimmy

fastfreddy

• 1K CVO Member
  • MY CVO
    • IA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE traded
    • CVO2: 2016 FLTRUSE
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2021, 04:03:44 PM »

A friend had this issue with his bassani 2/1 and played with different packing before he got it to where he was happy with it.... he did say the more/tighter the packing was the louder it got
SERGU aka the RENTAL ... never home & always broke...Thnx FF

Page created in 0.12 seconds with 21 queries.