Custom Vehicle Discussions > Screamin’ Eagle® Ultra Classic® Electra Glide®

Changing Seats

(1/2) > >>

SE66:
Looking into replacing my stock seat with a Corbin Fire & Ice seat.  The configuration of the new seat will not be a big difference  in the looks of the stock one but a little different.  My question is the Tourpak Pad will be different since I am not replacing it.  Do most replace the tourpak pad at the same time when they change the seat or is it that noticeable.  By the way it is a 2009 CVO Ultra  Classic,  the Twilight Blue and Stardust Silver one.

Thanks Jimmy

JoeVibe:
I'm dealing with the same issue. I just bought Harley's new heated and cooled Hammock and it doesn't match my rider or tourpak backrest. It's going to cost me about $500 to buy matching parts so now I'm trying to figure out if it'll bother me $500 worth.

Bottom line, I'd say it just depends on how bad the mismatch will bother you.

Joe

tazmun:

--- Quote from: JoeVibe on February 16, 2021, 09:43:38 AM ---I'm dealing with the same issue. I just bought Harley's new heated and cooled Hammock and it doesn't match my rider or tourpak backrest. It's going to cost me about $500 to buy matching parts so now I'm trying to figure out if it'll bother me $500 worth.

Bottom line, I'd s.ay it just depends on how bad the mismatch will bother you.

Joe

--- End quote ---

I did the same thing on my 06, nobody ever said a word. I sold the bike this year and the gentlemen
loved the Hammock seat and never cared. He has numerous Harleys.

OBB:
Personal preference. I'm currently getting a HD Tallboy seat recovered for my '15 SERGU. It'll be close but not an exact match. I'm not worried about it. My bike, not someone else's. I'll keep this seat and move it to my next Ultra and put the Hammock back on it when it goes

sent using Tapatalk

rayson56:
For me, I bought the 2018 CVO Ultra pad with the 2 Orange stripes (stitching lines) to match the 2 pc. stock seat on my 18 CVO RG when I ordered my quick release tour pak and it looked great when on the bike. Now I have the 2 pc. Corbin Solo with matching pillion and rider backrest and when I'm 2 up we usually use a plain stitched Sundowner, neither of which match the pad on my tour pak. Since my tour pak is seldomly used it's not that big of a deal to me, although if someone had a good swap for me without the Orange accents I would welcome it, but if it was an Ultra with tour pak permanently attached it would need to be extremely close if not an exact match.

Just my .02

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version