Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: New DIY project begins  (Read 4237 times)

longlast

• 2.5K CVO Member

Re: New DIY project begins
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2021, 08:14:10 AM »

Don't know what the tech at HD was feeding me,....a load of bollocks,...there's no HEAT MANAGEMENT SYSTEM for prior 08 CVOs.
    Found this in my repair manual (Engine Management)   They obviously don't know what they're talking about or were just shoving me off. I'm loosing all of any trust I had with this Dealership. This is the third time they've given me untruthful information and by my own research plus help from those of you on this site have found the correct answer  to the issues I've had including this time about the EITMS.

On another note,...I'm running with a V&H Fuelpak (its been on the bike from day one) I did research on in because one other thing that I've been informed about is the bikes ECM is set for the motor to run lean that makes it run hot.
I found that No.17 mode on the Fuelpak controls the fuel and the setting for my bike is "0" so I reset it to +2 , +adds fuel,  -- decreases fuel.
Perhaps by it running a little rich will help with the heat.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2021, 08:16:24 AM by longlast »

longlast

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2021, 12:50:58 AM »

Fans up and running, manual control over ride switches installed,  an inline oil temperature sensor installed on the feed side of the cooler.
I'll be going to the Harley dealer to flash up the ECM for the EITMS.
There should be no more over heating issues this summer when stuck in traffic.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2021, 12:26:37 PM »

What's the round thing down low on the inside of the lower fairing?

longlast

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2021, 01:20:04 PM »

What's the round thing down low on the inside of the lower fairing?

Hehe! Good eye,.. we have over here a road tax  that all vehicles have to pay (where the money goes is anybody's guess,  there's one thing for sure it doesn't go to road repairs)
When its paid you get a round paper disc on cars you put it in the front lower left corner of the windscreen, on bikes in that round container to display you've paid to use the road.
They've stopped with the display disc now, now it's all online with DVLA (Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency)
If you don't pay they will fine you up to a £1,000 and vehicle impounded and if no insurance vehicle is crushed.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2021, 05:09:14 PM »

Hehe! Good eye,.. we have over here a road tax  that all vehicles have to pay (where the money goes is anybody's guess,  there's one thing for sure it doesn't go to road repairs)
When its paid you get a round paper disc on cars you put it in the front lower left corner of the windscreen, on bikes in that round container to display you've paid to use the road.
They've stopped with the display disc now, now it's all online with DVLA (Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency)
If you don't pay they will fine you up to a £1,000 and vehicle impounded and if no insurance vehicle is crushed.

Taxes.... Another freaking excise tax.  Ugh.....

longlast

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2021, 10:40:08 AM »

Had a ride to sycamore Harley Davidson to sort out getting the EITMS ENABLED.
For some reason they seem somewhat confused about it all I had to show them the July 14th 2006 SERVICE BULLETIN M1191 for 2007 ENGINE IDLE  TEMPERATURE MANAGMENT SYSTEM.  THEY can't give me a straight answer about being able to flash it up because the bikes an import  :nixweiss: don't know what difference that makes.

So they said the only way they can say if it will accepted the flash input Is to book it in plug it in then see if it will accepted it.
Now I'm booked for the 23 04 to go in the shop then we'll see hopefully the Technician knows what he's doing.  :-\

longlast

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2021, 01:55:59 AM »

My booking in to the shop was yesterday and that turned out to be a waste of time.
They said the EITMS won't activate it my have something to do with the piggy back plugged into the ECM preventing the digital Technician to activate it. They suggest I should up grade the fuel pack system that's on the bike to a FI 3 or better.

The pic is the shop report,..

What the Fuelpak has to do with anything is passed me.  I may not be the sharpest stick of the bunch,....but from what I get out of all this is if the Digital Technician can't activate the EITMS then the function hasn't been downloaded "YET" and that's what it was in for them to do.
Do I have this right or am I missing something?   All they could come up with is I have historic codes who cares they're as it says HISTORIC CODES!   :confused5:
« Last Edit: April 24, 2021, 01:58:11 AM by longlast »

longlast

• 2.5K CVO Member

Re: New DIY project begins (update)
« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2021, 09:59:51 AM »

Just got of the blower with a alternative H.D. shop they asked for my vin number a few moments later they came back and said "no problem we can do that for you when would you like to book it in" It would seem they know what they're doing more so then the other shop.
So it's booked for the 30th to have the EITMS downloaded. I'm not sure if it will be enabled constantly or if i will be able to disable and enable it by the back twist of the grip.

We'll see.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

Re: New DIY project begins (update)
« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2021, 02:55:51 PM »

Just got of the blower with a alternative H.D. shop they asked for my vin number a few moments later they came back and said "no problem we can do that for you when would you like to book it in" It would seem they know what they're doing more so then the other shop.
So it's booked for the 30th to have the EITMS downloaded. I'm not sure if it will be enabled constantly or if i will be able to disable and enable it by the back twist of the grip.

We'll see.

Good luck Pete.  I can't wrap my head around why this is so difficult either.  Always frustrating when those on a task (especially when you're paying them) refuse to take the moment necessary to understand.  Ego gets in the way of listening to the audience sometimes but, for The Travel God's sake, people should just stop and listen sometimes.  I don't think I have much in the way of biases.  Except for the willfully stupid/ignorant. But that.... I'd rather be victim of rude things by mutant ninja turtles than have to put up with that cohort of our wonderful world.

longlast

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2021, 07:10:29 PM »

Cheers Don, I just may need  it   :-\  one little battle I'll have from the get go is they said it would take an hr to do. I thought ill hit them up with the Q. Why an hour to download?  That's a £116.00 shop rated 95 plus tax

So don't miss the next episode on the 30/04/21 of the on going  ever so confusing,...how do we get the EITMS to function,..... :nixweiss:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2021, 09:01:34 PM »

Cheers Don, I just may need  it   :-\  one little battle I'll have from the get go is they said it would take an hr to do. I thought ill hit them up with the Q. Why an hour to download?  That's a £116.00 shop rated 95 plus tax

So don't miss the next episode on the 30/04/21 of the on going  ever so confusing,...how do we get the EITMS to function,..... :nixweiss:

Maybe it's less that it will actually take an hour to do the job but that the shop has a one hour minimum labor charge? 

That's not an uncommon shop policy.  By the time you roll a vehicle in and out, set up tools or equipment, etc it may sometimes be a fair bit more than what is spent but it's rarely outlandish.

longlast

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2021, 11:05:56 PM »

Maybe it's less that it will actually take an hour to do the job but that the shop has a one hour minimum labor charge? 

That's not an uncommon shop policy.  By the time you roll a vehicle in and out, set up tools or equipment, etc it may sometimes be a fair bit more than what is spent but it's rarely outlandish.

Suppose you got a point there.

Its been some time since I've used a shop years as a matter of fact other then getting rubber changed and that's not going to happen again

I've been to this Dealership before bit over an hour away from me just to look around. What they do have that I haven't seen anywhere else is from the service area there's a glass wall to the workshop. You can watch/ see the bikes being worked on.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2021, 02:01:08 AM »

I've been to this Dealership before bit over an hour away from me just to look around. What they do have that I haven't seen anywhere else is from the service area there's a glass wall to the workshop. You can watch/ see the bikes being worked on.

Glass wall to the shop?  Geez, I'd hate that!  Not only would I freak out over everything the mechanic would be doing differently than I might I'd also be thinking "oh chit, there goes my hourly rate" every time he/she stopped to scratch his or her ass, chat with the next person over, or just stop to think about stuff!  Thank goodness for flat rate manuals.

longlast

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2021, 04:49:33 AM »

Take a look at this link Don it's of the Dealership and the shop

"Click on blue photos link" then go to the bottom right pic and click on that you can scroll through and see the glass wall click on it again it will take you into the shop and then scroll around you'll see the glass wall again into the service

https://g.co/kgs/JMi56U
« Last Edit: April 25, 2021, 05:01:15 AM by longlast »

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2021, 09:55:43 AM »

We'll see.
Unfortunately it doesn’t work like current models where you can activate or deactivate it. I too had an ‘07 CVO Ultra and had dealer enable EITMS. It requires a dealer flash to activate or deactivate. So whichever state it is in is where it will stay. Good luck with your endeavor to get this resolved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.175 seconds with 22 queries.