CVO Social > Off Topic

riding and speeding

(1/7) > >>

laylonlor:
wondering.....how often do you guys  go over 100 , 120 mph , when your riding for an hour or two, rural areas of course I want to see how I stack up !!:huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

dayne66:
I speed a lots less the last few years......here in BC 40 km/h over and you lose your vehicle for a week.....once in my Grand Cherokee was enough!

fastfreddy:
 almost never...

laylonlor:
damn I'm bad then,... cause I stretch my machine  :nixweiss:

Twolanerider:
Just one opinion but, why?  That fast isn't getting one someone any quicker it's just doing it for the sake of doing it.  On a closed course, road, or track?  Sure.  On a public roadway?  Nah.  Just like raising the front wheel or cracking loud pipes next to someone's open window; that's the kind of thing that makes others look at all riders sideways.  And I just want to be left alone.

Not even speaking to all the "what ifs?".  Like what if a tire blows or there's unexpected unseen obstacle, pothole, sudden low flying bird, etc etc etc.  If someone wants to roll the dice with their own balls so be it.  Not for me to say or judge.  But the impression left causes the greater scrutiny on all of us.  And that's just annoying sometimes.

Like I said, just one guy's opinion.  Go ride 80 on a good road with good site lines?  Sure.  100 or 120?  Nah, just too much other attendant crap potentially involved.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version