Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: E10 fuel coming to the punps  (Read 1339 times)

longlast

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Last Edit: March 06, 2021, 07:22:58 PM by longlast »

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
Re: E10 fuel coming to the punps
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2021, 03:11:05 PM »

We've been dealing with E-10 (and sometimes E-15) for 15 years .
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

Para Bellum

• Si vis pacem, para bellum.
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 Canyon Copper FXSTSSE, '08 Crystal Copper SEUC
    • CVO2: '11 Slate/Blk SERGU, '18 Twisted Cherry RGU
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2021, 06:00:21 PM »

15 years experience with E10 has shown that it really eats up boat engines and small engines like lawnmowers, chain saws, tillers, etc., especially o-rings and hoses.  it also sucks in water and then the bacteria and mold grow in there,

The fuel stabilizers, supposedly to prevent those problems, don't work worth a dam, either in the equipment or in storage..  At the end of the season, I drain the tank and/or run the engine until all fuel is used up and pour any remaining fuel into car or something that will use it soon.  Saves a lot of money, trouble, and swearing. 
If you want peace, prepare for war.

bisounours

• 5k CVO Member
  • First miles the 6th February 2008

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2021, 02:45:52 AM »

15 years experience with E10 has shown that it really eats up boat engines and small engines like lawnmowers, chain saws, tillers, etc., especially o-rings and hoses.  it also sucks in water and then the bacteria and mold grow in there,

The fuel stabilizers, supposedly to prevent those problems, don't work worth a dam, either in the equipment or in storage..  At the end of the season, I drain the tank and/or run the engine until all fuel is used up and pour any remaining fuel into car or something that will use it soon.  Saves a lot of money, trouble, and swearing.
:2vrolijk_21:
********2007 FLHTCUSE2 Red/Black**********
  SE RYO A/C and KN filter, V&H dressers duals and
          oval, TM/AT map#364, SE 251 cams.
     2008 FLHTCUSE3, White Frost and Silver Mist
              (Casper) -> 6th February 2008
             SE 251 cams/Torrington bearings,
      SE pushrods, SE High compression pistons,
             A/C Big sucker, V&H dresser duals ,
             Fullsac baffles, SE Pro Super Tuner.
2011 FLHXSE2, Stage1

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2021, 09:07:27 AM »

Switched to non ethanol gas only several years ago for all my small gas engines.  Since then, zero fuel problems, unlike before the switch.  No longer a boat owner - had the same experience there. As Para Bellum says, the fuel treatments/stabilizers for ethanol gas are near worthless.

When I can I use non ethanol in the bike.  Cannot always do that because of availability.

The US ethanol gas federal rules/laws are one of the absolute worst federal programs ever.  It costs more, performs worse, causes lots of problems, & has rendered a big portion of the country dependent on the feds for corn crop support. In other words, a great example of an inefficient & problematic federal program, which makes them all - both parties - giddy with glee.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2021, 08:14:38 AM »

Ethanol fuel sucks like you say.  Reason my boat only gets fuel at marina .8 miles from my home, its always no ethanol. 

My bikes usually only get non ethanol, as we are so near many lakes and rivers most gas stations have it.  Only leaving the State or area do I have to get E10.

Friend owns a lawn and garden store.  Tells me if I put ethanol fuels in my chain saw, mower, blower and so on to drain the fuel and run the carb empty before storing for more than a week, unless I want to pay him for repairs.

2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

Page created in 0.245 seconds with 22 queries.